It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If u are professional poster-AKA-"Shill" please read this important information regarding future e

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: beezzer

Am I doing it wrong? You do shell a Shill prior to eating it don't you? Kind of like shrimp?

Oysters on the half shill?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The opinions of paid shills aren't necessarily what they type. But it's the reasons behind their decisions to type what they're told.

Which to be honest is clearly obvious to anyone with critical thinking ability. Shills are certainly on ATS but they are all so obvious as are the reasons they side with the corporate masters/interests that feed them.

But that's not true. There are many varied opinions when it comes to economics and politics. Just because someone believes in a free market and does not agree that there is an "evil corporate conspiracy" does not make them a "shill." You may dismiss them as such so your preconceived ideas are not challenged by another person's opinion, but that does not make them a "shill."

(Waiting to be called a shill in, 3...2...1)

Jesus freaking christ

But that's not true. Just because there are many varied opinions when it comes to economics and politics, does not mean they are all not shills.

You see how that works? You said nothing with your post. Just like I said nothing with this post. Completely useless.

Of course people will and can disagree. It's disgusting me how this subject is almost intentionally overgeneralised every goddamn time someone dares mention it.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoNameNeeded
Buying a freaking vacuum cleaner when you already have one IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING CONNED INTO BELIEVING PEOPLE IN AFRICA DESERVE TO DIE DUE TO OVERPOPULATION AND THEIR PERCEIVED INCOMPETENCE AT LIFE

What if I am heartless enough to not being conned as you say, but actually believe that? Not that I actually believe that, but just wondering.

And I will admit that I have very little sympathy for those who are incompetent at life and demand that the rest of us take care of them. (Note to add, I'm not talking about the disabled or mentally incompetent, those we should help)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Please....

What would a "shill" be doing on a site that is nothing more than light entertainment for the terminally bored?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Am I doing it wrong? You do shell a Shill prior to eating it don't you? Kind of like shrimp?

Is it common for long time members to ruin threads with their attempts at humour?

I get you're trying to be funny, but I'm trying to make a point and it's getting a bit lost in your comedy routine...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

I think fools are going to be fools, no matter whether there are shills or not. Even if you expose a shill, the fool is still going to believe it, because.... well they aren't very bright to begin with, are they?

For the record, I think most people on ATS are pretty bright. They just might form a different opinion around the facts then I do. So, I don't worry about the shills or the fools - on this site anyway. They are small in number, and I don't think they really change anything. I'll just keep on arguing my position as I always do, because ... it's fun!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Personally I prefer soft shill crabs.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Is it common for long time members to ruin threads with their attempts at humour?

I get you're trying to be funny, but I'm trying to make a point and it's getting a bit lost in your comedy routine...

Yet you ignore my one post that addressed the issue.

Shills, others, get eaten alive on ATS.

It's well Modded. and while everyone is welcome with their opinion, if you can't take the heat, then scoot back to the junior league sites.

Shills don't stand a chance on this site.

edit on 28-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I too don't like the term shill.

Evidently, the reasoning all of us are driven by is very similar. But. The question is what you're willing to disregard and overlook to get there.

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Buying a freaking vacuum cleaner when you already have one IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING CONNED INTO BELIEVING PEOPLE IN AFRICA DESERVE TO DIE DUE TO OVERPOPULATION AND THEIR PERCEIVED INCOMPETENCE AT LIFE

What if I am heartless enough to not being conned as you say, but actually believe that? Not that I actually believe that, but just wondering.

And I will admit that I have very little sympathy for those who are incompetent at life and demand that the rest of us take care of them. (Note to add, I'm not talking about the disabled or mentally incompetent, those we should help)

Yeah you're clearly doing this on purpose. Yanking my leg or whatever.

I DONT CARE IF ITS YOUR OPINION THAT YOU FORMED TO THINK ANY WAY. For all I care you are a neo-nazi who is hellbent on killing everyone who's not arian. I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE EXIST. But how on earth does that take away from the possibility that there are people on here being paid to make others believe this??? Because that's what you seem to argue and I cant nor wont understand, doesn't make sense.

People having opinions does not exclude the possibility of paid shills, ffs

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I think it's funny that people are so closed minded that anybody that disagrees with them must be a paid shill. That's the only answer.

Funny how people cant read, too.

I'm not even OP yet I'm getting frustrated over the complete lack of respect in this thread.

Please point me to where OP calls anyone specifically a shill?

ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS NO WAY THERE COULD BE PAID SHILLS ON HERE?

Do paid shills exist? Probably, maybe.

Where exactly did I specify I was talking about the op? I said people did I not?

This thread doesn't deserve any respect.
There are no examples of paid shills.
There is not links to any evidence of paid shills.
It's just a rant.

You said "people calling everyone shills" in a thread where this was not happening.
Do you always state things in threads about people who are not involved in the discussion? You really fail to see how this censors the debate?

Nowhere did OP promise he'd give examples, did the title promise you this?

When does a thread deserve respect, when you agree with it??

It's not just a rant, it's an appeal to people that could possibly be on here.

Freedom of speech does not apply to everyone apparently.

EVEN IF OP IS TALKING TO THE WALLS, the only people it's intended for are the ones that feel they're being spoken too.

I give a sh*t about the flak I'll be getting, but it's hilarious how this subject can't be approached in an adult way like most other subjects and instead, flocks of people arrive to mock the ENTIRE CONCEPT rather than allow us to discuss it.

Nobody asked for examples until you wanted the thread to be respected. There are certain requirements needed for respect. This op had none of them.

Freedom of speech is fine and dandy but people are free to call you out on it to.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The saying, "A little humor goes a long way." comes to mind.

Now, what are we doing? Possibly a social experiment. "Trolling" or "Shilling" by derailing the topic, while staying on topic.

Gotta be quick witted here.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You formulate your own opinions, ideas and thoughts based on what you learn and interpret.

Ignore someone you deem as a 'Shill' just like the rest of us do.

You seem to be pretty strong willed and opinionated, would a perceived shill change your mind?

I doubt it so relax, have a half shell, it's on beezzer's boss.

Mine only brings Taco bell

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I DONT CARE IF ITS YOUR OPINION THAT YOU FORMED TO THINK ANY WAY. For all I care you are a neo-nazi who is hellbent on killing everyone who's not arian. I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE EXIST. But how on earth does that take away from the possibility that there are people on here being paid to make others believe this??? Because that's what you seem to argue and I cant nor wont understand, doesn't make sense.

It's Aryan. Sorry but the History buff in me just came out.

But really, you just stated your weakness. You say, "I cant nor wont understand, doesn't make sense." That right there says to me a closed mind. Very Shill-like.

By the by, I used to be a PSYOP'er, never hid that fact, so to me, this is all fun and games.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

I agree wholeheartedly, calling someone a shill is childish, and shows if anything your inability to refute what was said by the supposed shill. I also agree that in all likelihood, shills are here and active. Who they are, I don't know. And I really don't care. Any board with a political or conspiracy bent will have it's share of shills. It's just the way things are.

I can't change it, and neither can anyone here, so I just think the whole idea of making a thread devoted to talking to these shills is rather pointless. Although, it has generated some thoughtful discussion on the topic, memes aside.

I also want to apologize if I seemed snarky in my previous post. It wasn't intentional, but reading back you could probably read it as such.

link   

Yeah you're clearly doing this on purpose. Yanking my leg or whatever.

People having opinions does not exclude the possibility of paid shills, ffs

Whats scary is, what Shill managed to persuade you the excistence of Shills.... its really got you worked up.

'Shills' Which is a new word for me and being newish to ATS one of many new words lol but come on, think seriously about the situation of ATS and what actually gets posted. There are thousands of other outletts an employer would want staff targeting for customer persuation. Why ATS? I can understand other areas in the online world. Such as major news outlets which I think we all feel isnt exaclty fact half the time.

link   

You have to wait at least 30 minutes after eating before jumping in the shill pool.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ExSmokerYes

I still dont know where they are hiring. If anyone knows where to fill out like a job application or something, let me know. Like others said before, I can sleep just fine. AND I will laugh my ass off on the way to the bank to deposit my check...

edit on 10 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yet you ignore my one post that addressed the issue.

Shills, others, get eaten alive on ATS.

It's well Modded. and while everyone is welcome with their opinion, if you can't take the heat, then scoot back to the junior league sites.

Shills don't stand a chance on this site.

It didnt address anything.

So you go after them with pitchforks and reeks, is that it?

I thought there were no shills here, only people with different opinions. Then there was no way of knowing there were shills here, and now, they get chased away by the real members, now I'm confused...

Please don't tell me to scoot over anywhere, if anyone is sharing opinions here, its me, rather than you posting one liner attempts at being funny.

I used to care about running into "older" members, every board I went. If I learnt anything, its that new members following the rules deserve more respect than old ones disobeying them

How many of your posts in this thread have been actually contributive to the subject? One?

Yet look at all the shiny stars being passed around
I honestly couldn't care less, but it's rather obvious where this "debate" is going, and sadly, OP contributed little in helping make something out of his thread.

I'm done here, enjoy the group hug, it's obvious you all share the same flawed opinion and nothing I can say will make any of you reinterpret this, which is fine. My intentions are nothing but good when trying to point out that even if opinions differ, this does not exclude the fact that people could be getting paid to forward an agenda. But then again, I have my doubts regarding the intentions of others, after reading this thread.

Some people appear very set on changing the idea that it would be possible for people to get paid to do this, which in itself, could say more than enough. Yup, I did it, there, now you can all shoot the messenger like you've been doing the entire thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The opinions of paid shills aren't necessarily what they type. But it's the reasons behind their decisions to type what they're told.

Which to be honest is clearly obvious to anyone with critical thinking ability. Shills are certainly on ATS but they are all so obvious as are the reasons they side with the corporate masters/interests that feed them.

But that's not true. There are many varied opinions when it comes to economics and politics. Just because someone believes in a free market and does not agree that there is an "evil corporate conspiracy" does not make them a "shill." You may dismiss them as such so your preconceived ideas are not challenged by another person's opinion, but that does not make them a "shill."

(Waiting to be called a shill in, 3...2...1)

Jesus freaking christ

But that's not true. Just because there are many varied opinions when it comes to economics and politics, does not mean they are all not shills.

You see how that works? You said nothing with your post. Just like I said nothing with this post. Completely useless.

Of course people will and can disagree. It's disgusting me how this subject is almost intentionally overgeneralised every goddamn time someone dares mention it.

Because "shill" is so incredibly overused, and over applied, that it is quite difficult to take it seriously. If I had a buck for every time I was called a shill, I'd be an evil capitalist rolling on a pile of dough like Scrooge McDuck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join