It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
im rocking sideburns and a chin strap, but my stash is not really connecting past the upper region on my chin. I always shave my cheeks so its just like an outline of fuzz.

also i have an IQ of 256, but it goes down to 217 when i am clean shaven.....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Pharoah was male by definition. Hatshepsut wanted to rule as Pharoah and thus had to adopt male accoutrements, and refer to herself as male.
There was no such title as "Queen of Egypt". The closest term was "Great Royal Wife".

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I sport a gray beard as well....lol...my 8 year old calls me grandpa wanna be...my 24 year old says "dad you look like a old man...."

My mother hates my beard and my old lady wants it trimmed...hahahaha but f them it took me a while to get hairy.
ps

my 9 month old son has never seen me without a beard..rasta ja..lol

[edit on 19-4-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Because It's one thing women cant take from men. Women have the nice baby feeders...we guys need something that only we have and we can do. Haha

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow! Old thread! I am most shocked by my post on the front page saying "I am 22..."

Oh, if only that were true now!

I am rapidly approaching 28! In that time, I have acquired a new woman, I am engaged and have a second sprog on the way..

Still sporting the beard and sideburns though... (when she lets me...)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Because It's one thing women cant take from men. Women have the nice baby feeders...we guys need something that only we have and we can do. Haha

I don't know...I've seen some women with some mean beards....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I cant stand a beard for some reason, I dont know why but it just dont feel right to me. A goatee is about all I can tolerate unless very short, I dont know how some people can rock those long ZZ Top beards.

In Huntsville I had mine long enough that it was slapping me on the back of my neck when I was riding my motorcycle.

When it gets a little longer, it stops that.

At that point, it was a full-on ZZ Topp model. The local customers were used to me being woolly but eventually I had to go to do a contract job with SAIC, and cut it back to no more than six inches long.

I ended up having to get new ID card photos, I looked so different.

Now that it's going gray, I've pruned it back to no more than two or three inches long. Alas.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Didn't realize how old this thread was until a few posts up mentioned it, wow.

At any rate I just turned 35 and still can't grow a full beard, damn you all.
Oh well, off to shave my latest failed attempt at looking like a man off my face.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think the real conspiracy is why don't any of our ape and monkey cousins grow beards like we do?

Orangutans can rock some cool goatees, but no mustache and they have nothing on ZZ top.

Come to think of it, do any of the apes have large manes of hair like we do?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
From a different angle, why dont we as men shave our Pubic hair?

Because we know by instinct our pubic hair protects us against bacterial infections in the sensititve gkands in the area.

The beard similarly protects man against bacterial infections it has been proven scientifically.

So a wise man will grow a beard to protect against diseaseand and the elements.
A vain man who wishes to resemble a woman will shave..... simple.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Starred

We grow hair for reasons.

I have a trimmed beard to show I can.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Sikhs are not supposed to cut their hair, and as a result have long beards.

Any theories? Does anyone have information on this? Or is it just coincidence?

hair = our body's "antennae" .. our hairs collect radiant energy.. and thus more hair = more radiant energy for our bodies.

more radiant energy = raised ability to use this energy, raised chances of evolving spiritually/emotionally/mentally.

just let a friend "trim" my hair... yeeesh .. they took off more than should have let them.
o well.

-

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This thread has made my night. It's such a great thread! Now for my input on this matter:

Sadly, I cannot grow a beard. Makes me kinda sad. I seriously do not have any hair on my chin area and never have. But, I am working on my mustache! Still, it would be so fun to be able to stroke something on my chin. It's true, beards make one look very philosophical.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I totally believe hair plays a role in meditation for sure.
It makes sense to me.

There are many cultures that say if you cut your hair, you are killing a part of yourself.

How about none of us shave or cut our hair forever! YAY!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Starred

We grow hair for reasons.

I have a trimmed beard to show I can.

This post deserves a full explanation.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hahahaha! This thread is still going strong after all these years?

Originally posted by Bedlam
I ended up having to get new ID card photos, I looked so different.

I feel your pain!

I had the same problem. They needed some form of ID when I wanted to renew my passport, but they wouldn´t accept what I had, because I was beardless when that photo was taken. And it really irritated me. In the end, I went to another office, and over there, they didn´t seem to think it was so much of a problem, and I got it done. TAKE THAT, BUREAUCRACY!

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
From a different angle, why dont we as men shave our Pubic hair?

Actually, I think that is more a cultural thing. I'm not sure, but I believe that muslims shave their pubic hair (and under-arm hair?). And there is the stuff with buddhist monks?

But still, nothing beats the awesomeness of being able to stroke one's beard philosophically
. I dunno. I guess there is something very much "man" about having one.
Makes you wonder about the Romans, then, though....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Beards are known to be associated with masculine energy. Long hair with a strong inclination towards feminine energy. The current "trend" is clean shaven and short hair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join