It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolved Cases of Mysterious Disappearances

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is that time of the year again, Halloween is just around the corner, so I decided to try and find some unexplained and mysterious cases of people disappearing– not yet posted on ATS- with bizarre outcomes, no logical explanation, and that also may have a paranormal twist to them.

1.The 4 Missing Germans

In the morning of October 21, 1996, Death Valley National Park (DVNP) Ranger Dave Brenner was aboard a military helicopter somewhere in the skies over the southerly part of Death Valley. He was part of a routine aerial surveillance looking for clandestine drug manufacturing labs in the backcountry. Around 11 AM, he saw something unexpected: A vehicle in the wash of Anvil Canyon, approximately 2.4 miles downstream from Willow Spring, the head of Anvil Canyon.

Upon landing nearby, Brenner inspected the vehicle. It was a green, 1996 Plymouth Voyager van with California license plates. It was covered with considerable dust, as if it had been out there for some time. The van was clearly stuck in the wash, sunk up to its axles in the sand, with its two rear tires flattened and its left front tire also flat. Tracks left in the sand by the van suggested it had been driven at least 200’ with flat rear tires. The van was locked, with no sign of the owner. Brenner noted the license number and reported it back to the DVNP headquarters.

The vehicle, owned by Dollar Rent a Car, had been rented to a group of four German tourists in Los Angeles on July 8, 1996. The vehicle had been due back to the rental agency in Los Angeles on July 26, but had never been returned. It was the rental agency’s policy to wait at least 30 days past when a vehicle was due to report it stolen.
Checking the names of the renters turned up an August 14th INTERPOL alert on them. They were Egbert Rimkus, 34, his son Georg Weber, 11, Egbert’s girlfriend Cornelia Meyer, 28, and her son Max Meyer, 4.
Further investigation showed the group left Frankfurt and arrived in the United States at Seattle on July 8, then immediately flew to Los Angeles where they picked up their rental van. Because Egbert could not produce his driver’s license, Cornelia was recorded as the driver. The van was due back on July 26th and the group had tickets on TWA to return to Germany on July 27th. They were not on that flight, nor was there evidence of them leaving the USA.

Source: www.otherhand.org...

This story isn’t scary, but rather an unsolved/ mysterious vanishing case of 4 Germans during their vacation in the U.S. in 1996. It still baffles me. It’s 3 pages long, but well worth the read, especially because of the things they left behind. I don’t want to spoil it for you, so please click the link for the full story and photos.

Alien abduction? Transfered to another dimension? Murdered? Perhaps they ”disappeared”
to start a new life? I’d love to hear your theories on this case.

2.The Dorothy Forstein Case

Philadelphian Dorothy Cooper Forstein appeared to be happily married, comfortably well-to-do, a loving mother, and well-liked. She was, in short, one of the last people anyone would imagine as a victim of one of the creepiest disappearances in American history.

In 1944, Dorothy had been married for two years to city magistrate Jules Forstein. The couple had three young children: Myrna and Marcy, his offspring from a previous marriage (Jules’ first wife, Molly, died sometime around 1940,) and their new baby, Edward. One evening in that year, Mrs. Forstein dropped her children off at a neighbor’s house so she could do some shopping. By the time she returned home, it was nearly dark. As she entered her house, someone suddenly sprang up and attacked her, beating the helpless woman into unconsciousness. Her fall knocked over the telephone, and when the operator heard strange noises coming from the instrument, she alerted the police.

Mrs. Forstein was found with her nose and jaw broken, and a shoulder fractured. She was also suffering from a concussion. After she regained consciousness, all she could say was, “someone jumped out at me.”

Source: strangeco.blogspot.com...

This was just the beginning. Read the rest of the story to find out what happened 5 years later and how she disappeared.

According to her daughter who was a witness Mrs. Forstein was unconscious before the mysterious man arrived to take her. I wonder what happened.

3.The Tower of Silence
Removed----because there is a high chance it might not be true. Still doing my own research on it.
Thanks to ATS member Answer for helping me out, and so kindly at that too.

4.The Cowden Family

An entire family once disappeared from the Rogue River National Forest Campground in Oregon. On September 5, 1974, Richard Cowden and his wife Belinda, along with their two small children, David and Melissa, went camping for the Labor Day weekend. On Sunday morning, Richard was seen in nearby Copper, Oregon buying some milk. That was the last anyone ever saw of the Cowden family. When the family didn't show up for a scheduled Sunday dinner at Richard Cowden's mother's place, local authorities conducted a search. The camp scene was like something out of The Twilight Zone. Trooper Lee Rickson stated: "That camp sure was spooky. Even the milk was still on the table". Investigators found cooking utensils resting on a tree stump, fishing rods leaning against a tree and the family car was still parked above the campsite. Richard's wallet and his wife's purse were also discovered, with nothing apparently missing from them. There were no indications of a struggle.

Sources: www.qsl.net...
www.phantomsandmonsters.com...

If you’ve read any unexplained disapearances please feel free to share them.
I’d also like to read your thoughts on what you think might have happened to the people in the above cases.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 25/10/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 25/10/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The second story made me turn my lights on

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The number of people who go missing, just in America is mind boggling.
www.crimelibrary.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Seriously, wtf happened there? where did those corpses go? And the pool of festering blood? wtf, just, wtf...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you for painting out the bodies in the "Tower of Silence" photo!!

Disturbing sights like that can almost literally 'haunt' me for years - the pictures just popping into mind at random times...I can't even read novels with horrific imagery, because I am a very 'visual' reader - I can 'see' what many authors describe so clearly...

Fascinating stories - star and flag for you!

P.S. My family are "Once Upon a Time" fans (though wish the subsequent seasons had been as great as the first one), so I have to complement your avatar!
Oh, and I still love mine so much, can't imagine ever wanting to change it!

edit on 25-10-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Of course people go missing,you can't EXPERIMENT on people and push the "boundries" LEGALLY now can you?
I heard THAT was Dulce's operations.
I wouldn't BET AGAINST them running a "Soldier" style genetics program. It sure fits their MO.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Thank you for painting out the bodies in the "Tower of Silence" photo!!

Disturbing sights like that can almost literally 'haunt' me for years - the pictures just popping into mind at random times...I can't even read novels with horrific imagery, because I am a very 'visual' reader - I can 'see' what many authors describe so clearly...

Fascinating stories - star and flag for you!

P.S. My family are "Once Upon a Time" fans (though wish the subsequent seasons had been as great as the first one), so I have to complement your avatar!
Oh, and I still love mine so much, can't imagine ever wanting to change it!

Thanks dear lostgirl

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. And yes, I know how some people have very visual memories of bad pictures. And I wanted to make sure it's T&C friendly too.

I'm guessing some sort of ritual happened in the #3 case, which they then somehow covered up.

Off topic: It was a pleasure making that avatar for you.

I'm a Once upon a time fan too btw.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The "Tower of Silence" story is a fake.

You can find the same image on this website without the photoshopped "pool of blood."

socks-studio.com... -of-silence-zoroastrian-architectures-for-the-ritual-of-death/

Fail.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I removed the image, but there was never a pool of blood in the picture. You must be seeing things.

Here it is if you'd like to check again
I think the skeletons were being covered up, but I can't say why.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nice thread! Thanks for the read!
Here is what I think happened to the people in the national parks...although it merely opens up more questions. Thanks to onfire49 for the linked thread.

Creepy stuff, thanks!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: Answer

I removed the image, but there was never a pool of blood in the picture. You must be seeing things.

Here it is if you'd like to check again
I think the skeletons were being covered up, but I can't say why.

Did you actually look at the picture in the link? The "pool" area contains bodies and is not blacked out. I believe that the people perpetuating the fake story blacked it out to look like it's full of liquid... that's what I thought when I first saw the image.

If you're the one that blacked out the image, the story still doesn't add up since they're claiming "this photo is all that remains of the story" and that photo is a stock image used on a website giving general information about these types of burial sites.

So either the original story is BS and you fell for it, or you're being intentionally dishonest. I'm guessing it's the former.
edit on 10/25/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
And here we go... the story has been debunked because the photo is fake... just like I've indicated here. It took about 45 seconds of diligence to find out it's a fake story.

thehorrortree.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I would place it in the "too gullible/credulous, third-world superstitious tabloid" bin and blissfully forget about it... if such accounts didn't (rarely) crop up from first- world, non-credulous peeps.

Truly... w t f? I mean, personally, I know weird 'spirit things' exist... I just avoid the subsequent chain of thoughts about nightmarish Lovecraftian Elder Gods and such... I'll take Starbucks, logic and smart phones over blood sacrifice, lurking dark power and places where the lower dimensions bleed over... unless I am in a masochistic mood, that is... happy pre-hallow's eve

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

But doesn't the latter just sound like more fun?

Logic and smart phones are just boring.

I mean, c'mon. Who doesnt want to battle with denizens of the lower dimensions?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I think I HAVE battled some of the lesser denizens of the lower dimensions... and really, Starbuck's has crappy coffee and 'smart phones' are only as smart as the idiot using it... but both beat lonely struggles for one's soul with a genius, bodiless force that sees through walls, thoughts and time!

But basically... agreed!

ETA and in regards to the "skeletons" painted over in the photo mentioned by someone else... they are not skeletal... they are bloated, darkening, plump maggot food... and personally, I prefer clean skeletons to rotting meat any day (or especially.... night).

edit on 10/25/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

(post by Poppcocked removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I had a friend who disappeared at the millennium and no trace of him whatsoever has been found. Oddly enoughb the police only got interested when his widow claimed her entitlement to his pension and - suddenly the police were coming roundm, pestering his 89 year old mother as to where her son was and his teenage son. They had told his wife that if her husband wanted to uip and leave so be it - until it came to claiming what was rightfully hers. He never withdrew a penny from the day he went so how could he have lived and no body has ever been found?

The guy had only a fortnight previous to his disappearance bought himself a car which he had wanted for a long time and certainly would not have done that, were he planning to leave as he knew it was too fast for his wife to sit behind the wheel in.

I am interesting in the number of missing people and wonder if the figures (as close as we can safely establish), would not horrify us? I know in the UK its something of a nothing for the press yet it numbers in the thousands so what must it be in the whole world?

Perhaps its time we had some figures and some kind of explanation from our governments into what appears to be happening that they turn a blind eye to.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Hi Shiloh,

I'm sorry about losing your friend. I believe it is a different kind of pain, never knowing what happened to the person who went missing, compared to the person who passes away.

I don't know where they go.

Some say suicide, some say hit and run, and the person covers it up, other even go as far as saying the government kidnaps people for experiments, or ufo abductions, the possibilities are endless.

Yes, I believe we should have an explanation to all this, too many people are disappearing.

Here's a thread a fellow ATS member, Skyfloating made on this issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There is a series of 4 books called Missing 411 by David Paulides.
Across the US and in other countries there are cluster deaths and disappearances in and around national parks.
A lot of the circumstances are repetitive and bizarre.

The Cowden family is one of those cases.

They are big books, maybe 11-1200 pages all together.
Really good reading.
Bizarre cases. All from police investigations and interviews.
Don't buy on Amazon. Prices are 3 or 4 times the actual costs.
Find David Paulides website.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Thank you for the book recommendation .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join