It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolved Cases of Mysterious Disappearances

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

In the first case... They got lost and died. They found the remains of the two adults but not the two children. Those poor kids are certainly out there somewhere. That's the only one I read because what I got was waaayyyyy.... more than three pages stuffed full of some rather dry (no pun intended) details about Death Valley terrain and conditions, How to Hike Stupid 101 (at least he admits it), with the occasional vaguely humorous remark, a wine bottle, some beer bottles and some human remains tossed in to keep you slogging through. Interesting, but I don't think your link gave you the whole story for some reason. This one is very sad, and perhaps a cautionary tale on how easy it is to get over your head in the wilderness with just minor errors in judgment and no one will know what happened to you. I hope they go back out and find those kids.

edit on 26-10-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just finished #1, it's a book! What an articulate and fascinating read. Thank you

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So, if you read the whole ten pages or more on the missing Germans (as I did), you'd find that it is no longer a mystery. They found the women's and man's bones, and eventually the kids' bones too. And a lot of their ID, wallets, etc.

They got stuck in the desert and set off to find help. They died before finding it.

No rest for the weary, I guess. Sad Story.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

The story said at the end that they found kids' shoes and some bones.

Yes, sad story.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: redhorse

The story said at the end that they found kids' shoes and some bones.

Yes, sad story.

Well, I'm glad they found them at least. I missed that part.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
After traveling 8~ miles and realising it was hopeless, they should have run back to the car and got the AC going. 50°C temps though.. daaaaaamn.

I thought this one from that Strange Company site was a bit odd:
The Mysterious Murder of Nora Fuller

On January 8, 1902, a man who gave his name as “C. B. Hawkins” leased an empty house on San Francisco’s Sutter Street. He paid a month’s rent in advance. He then visited a furniture store, where he bought just enough to temporarily furnish one room. He had an odd demand: his purchases had to be delivered that very night, or the deal was off. The store owner was surprised, and not terribly pleased, by these terms, but not wanting to lose the sale, he agreed. The next day, Hawkins went to another establishment, purchasing a second-hand bed and a cheap chair. He had the furniture arranged in a small room in the back of his new home’s second story, leaving the rest of the house empty.

Everything was ready.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

I have to agree with you on Nora Fuller. The cases where things are so well thought out in advance, seemingly planned out to the smallest detail really are absolutely, horrifyingly creepy. Merely trying to fathom the type of mind that such depravity comes from is disturbing.

*shudders*

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

2.The Dorothy Forstein Case this one gave me the creeps.
so did the camping family story.

i'm going to have to leave a light on tonight.

ha ha ha

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

2.The Dorothy Forstein Case this one gave me the creeps.
so did the camping family story.

i'm going to have to leave a light on tonight.

ha ha ha

Yes, the second story is the one that scared me the most too.
Something isn't right with that one. Why was she unconscious before she was kidnapped?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
And here we go... the story has been debunked because the photo is fake... just like I've indicated here. It took about 45 seconds of diligence to find out it's a fake story.

thehorrortree.blogspot.com...

actually it would make a great a horror film! anything but the teens in the cabin/woods plot... too bad I'm not in the business

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Fascinating read on the Germans. Thank you for that really great read. Sorry for their tragedy, however, I must give props to the tireless individuals for finding closure. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Cracked nailed it with the number 1 on this subject today.

Zebb Quinn. I did an ats search and am kind of surprised there's nothing here cause this ones just plain weird on all fronts

Go to number 1

Don't know much about it myself but now I'm doing some reading

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: aguywhoknowsaguy
Cracked nailed it with the number 1 on this subject today.

Zebb Quinn. I did an ats search and am kind of surprised there's nothing here cause this ones just plain weird on all fronts

Go to number 1

Don't know much about it myself but now I'm doing some reading

Thanks for sharing the link.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I hate to admit it, but the photo of Dorothy Forstein gives me the creeps (like a female Captain Howdy, summit). Terrible tragedy all the same... still going with the popular view that her husband tried to have her 'whacked', though; first time failed, second time, not so much.

And to add a modern bent on the Missing 411 books; today in mainstream rag 'Metro', it has been alleged that there has been an exponential growth rate in missing children in the UK this year alone. This all comes after the Rotherham council scandal & the on-going paedophile ring investigation in Westminster. Coupled with the disconcerting '100 yr' ban on files pertaining to the Dunblane Massacre ever reaching the light of day (as oppose to the regular 50 yrs) with regards to allegedly disconcerting ties to the freemasons/government the subhuman pond-life that perpetuated it had.

BTW, what does Corey Feldman actually know about the true natures of the key players in Hollywood, anyway? He's been threatening to speak up about it for well over a year. But then again, threats beget threats, I suppose. Pie n' Mash, anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

you know i forgot phones use to do this.

Her fall knocked over the telephone, and when the operator heard strange noises coming from the instrument, she alerted the police.

today you need to tap the screen, type in your password, click the app, then dial. this story still creeps me out. :-)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Bigfoot, aliens, portals from another dimension. How are we all still here? I should be floating away in some purgatory like abyss by now, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
They died in the desert after abandoning their car.
She was killed on her husbands orders.
They were killed by a random nutjob.

No mysteries, just human frailty.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
culturecrossfire.com...

An archive of 50+ stories in this vein here.

They cover strange deaths, murders, a sprinkle of paranormal, a few famous stories, etc...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join