It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splendid Isolation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Politicians on the left and the right are slamming the idea of isolationism. More troops, more men on the ground, more of YOUR money going to war. So, I ask, is isolationism really such a bad idea? I believe you can be an isolationist and still lead the world. But, what do you think?

If you want to check out more of #OffTheGrid, you can check out some of my latest interviews and clips on Ora TV

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It would be nice to spend money on our nation instead of policing the world. Other countries seem to hate the US for what they do so I say lets stop doing everything and let the cards fall where they may. There really isn't much our country NEEDs from other countries in the world. We can bring our troops, jobs and aid back home and work on our own nation.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How in the heck can you be an isolationist AND lead the world? Doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
How in the heck can you be an isolationist AND lead the world? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, really...the definition of isolationism as a foreign policy is to keep your assets, or the majority there of, in your homeland. It goes on to say that in order to act in the best interest of the homeland, it's best practice to keep the affairs of other countries at a distance.

So yes...I have to agree with queenofswords here, 100%, how can you be a world leader and an isolationist?

new topics

top topics

join