It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
We do what it takes. Take away their rights, ban them from flying here, bomb them, slap them, put them in jail, make examples out of them.
Hate them as they do us. Spill their blood, do what we can to destroy their twisted religion, make fun of them, taunt them.

In other words, become them..?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Wonderful! It looks quite different all lit up at night, doesn't it? Thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here's a pic I took two weels ago of the Cenotaph. I'll never look at it the same way again. Pride and respect will now be clouded with sadness and anger.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

I saw on the news where many cities have removed their guards from cenotaphs and in their place senior aged veterans are standing guard at the memorials and tomb of the unknown soldier. It's quite touching. I guess this has affected so many people in so many different ways.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Canadian Muslims are denouncing these acts all across Canada. The worst thing we could possibly do at this time is turn on each other in our own country. We can't do anything about extremists if we are all acting like extremists.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: meomy

I think we now have to move beyond denouncing and begin some more positive steps within the community at large.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The guard of honour is taking up its positions at the War Memorial and Cpl Nathan Cirillo's body is being transported in a procession to his hometown of Hamilton.
People are lining the highway to show their respect.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As the body of Cpl Nathan Cirillo leaves the national Capital, people gather to honour him all along the side and overpasses of the Highway of Heroes as the cortege travels to his home town of Hamilton, Ontario.

Without prior public announcement, at the National War Memorial the PM and reps of military regiments gather to reinstate the ceremonial honour guard as the guard is being reinstated. There is a large crowd on hand.

It was a very touching moment as the new guards took their position. There was silence and then spontaneous clapping. We will carry on as before.
edit on 24-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: erwalker

Oops. I took too long to post and missed seeing yours. Thank you for your post.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
United we stand, divided we fall

My wife took this pic as Cpl Nathan Cirillo's Motorcade made its way along the Highway 401 (Highway of Heroes) to Hamilton.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SiglenDyn

That picture instantly brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for posting it.

... I hate this world.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If a movie character was written the way the media's portraying this guy, people would leave the movie saying that it was an unbelievable story line.

A penniless, unemployed homeless guy with a history of mental illness and a criminal record in two provinces manages to get hold of a gun in a country with fairly decent gun control, manages to find a spare $80 to apply for a passport, even though the day before he was asking around the homeless shelter for money to fix his car, manages to suddenly show up with a shotgun that he seemingly didn't have even the day before (where does someone keep a shotgun in a homeless shelter). Even criminals that sell guns to people on the street don't sell to guys that are obviously mentally unstable, as they know that eventually that gun would be traced back to them. NO ONE in the media is questioning how he got hold of the gun.

So much of this story, at least the way that the media is portraying him, doesn't make sense.

Just like Edward Snowden, there are so many facets of the character being portrayed that just don't make sense if you look just below the story of the official explanation, and not that closely.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies
If he had a car it would seem pretty resonable to assume the gun was in the car, and guns are not hard to come by, he might of had a PAL which would allow him to buy a shotgun or long rifle..he had a 3030 lever action like a Winchester, I don't believe there was a shotgun as reported. Gun could of been aquired in a break and enter. I don't there is much more to it, this guy was a disillusioned drug addict who found god or some kind of empowerment from the twisted message he wanted to hear.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh boy we sure called it...
Harper Increases Spying and Policing Powers

The comments are partly intelligent and partly disheartening...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Oh boy we sure called it...

Harper Increases Spying and Policing Powers

The comments are partly intelligent and partly disheartening...

Haha, Stevie Wonder could see that coming, its not so funny though is it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Not surprisingly, there were 'drills' being conducted at the same time and at the same place as the actual shooting:

edition.cnn.com...
The soldier appeared to have been shot in the back, said Peter Henderson, a journalist who was at the memorial at the time of the shooting. Other soldiers who were nearby doing drills at the time ran to help, he said.

And is it just coincidence that a journalist was at the scene at the very time it occurred?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The question about the gun has been asked by the press and is being investigated by RCMP

www.cbc.ca...

Is it just coincidence a journalist was in the area? No. There is always press at the parliament buildings on caucus day.

Ooh drills. Not suspicious at all actually. Rememberance Day is in a few weeks. Drill= see video

youtu.be...

Not to be confused with a scenario. Below.

youtu.be...

Sorry can't embed in mobile

Maybe the gun was in his car, not the shelter. Maybe.

edit on 25-10-2014 by meomy because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2014 by meomy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego
As meomy said, I would expect journalists to be near parliament as we even have a tv channel dedicated to covering it. It is the centre of our government, after all.

Drills probably means practice, for marching etc, not quite like the suspicious drills on 9/11... but it is a conspiracy site, after all

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: meomy
Maybe the gun was in his car, not the shelter. Maybe.

How could he have stored the gun in the car ? if the car was
a hijacked government car ?
And I doubt that he kept the gun at the homeless shelter,
what ? hide it under the bed ? highly doubt it.
Something just doesn't smell right.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf
He drove to the area in a plateless tan vehicle, and it was supposedly his. That is where they are saying he may have kept it.

After shooting the guard he hijacked a government car and drove that up to parliament. 2 cars involved here

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join