It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baltazar84
has there been any word on if the actual shooter is an actual soldier??

He was not. He was a gutless, spineless puke excuse of a human being who spent his life carrying out petty crime, dealing drugs and clearly taking what was not his.

He was considered a 'threat' by those responsible for deeming such individuals as necessary yet the namby-pamby do-gooders feel it is his right to carry on like a rabid skunk, allowing ugliness to fester to the point innocent lives are lost and the landscape of a peaceful, wonderful and caring country is changed forever.

He was not a soldier. He was a waste of sperm.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: meomy
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the slain 32-year-old suspected killer of a Canadian Forces soldier near Parliament Hill, was a labourer and small-time criminal – a man who had had a religious awakening and seemed to have become mentally unstable. Mr. Zehaf-Bibeau was born in 1982 and was the son of Bulgasem Zehaf, a Quebec businessman who appears to have fought in 2011 in Libya, and Susan Bibeau, the deputy chairperson of a division of Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board. The two were divorced in 1999.

m.theglobeandmail.com...
He didn't fight in Libya. His father may have.
In 2011 he was being charged with a mugging in BC.

A few points to make from your post. This is truly disturbing that his mother, who may have had no clue to his conversion to Islam works for the Immigration and Refuge Board. And the fact that her ex fought as recently as 2011 with Gaddaffi in Libya, has some real flags going off for me. Did he have any influence with his wife to allow people in who never should have been?

Another concern for me is the record of run ins with the law and his possible time spent in our jails. Conversion to Islam within the penal system is becoming a real problem, did the other 'lone wolf' from 2 days ago also spend time in the slammer? Maybe they need to look into what is going on in there and why this is happening.
Prisoners under pressure to convert to Islam
Is this what is going on in our prisons too?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Canadians on the news sites even on CBC news are blaming Harper and his reasoning to go war agaisnt the ISIS in Syria and in Iraq.

Some are saying this could have being a trigger.

Here are some of the comments.

CBC news.

[ Ottawa shooting called 'tragic' by Obama, world leaders ]

He has never expressed such remorse about the victims of the extra judicial drone killings.

We are lucky our gun laws in Canada prevented this person from having an automatic weapon like those available in the US.

World leaders should be sending condolences to the Canadian people. We have lived under this government and eight years of complete and total mismanagement.

The Barbarians are inside the gates. Sending Jets to bomb Iraq will not help

There's a lot more but you get the picture and the last user whom stated it is quite right.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21
He didnt need to, because as I linked several times already, CSIS actively allowed 130 known terrorists (overt or supporters) back into the country. All they had to do was refuse, but no, they want their bigger budget..

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Did you see Thomas Mulcairs speech after? God that was bad too. He was trying to purposely feign calm with the fake smiles and message to not be intimidated but man, it was awkward. None of them seem to have any fire in their bellies. Oh yea, we're talking Canadian politicians. At least the Brits put on good theatrics.

Mulcair was pretty weird too, Heck so was Justin. I did like what Mulcair said though, I cannot remember the exact words last night but something like "we will not be scared and intimidated" Which is the opposite of Harper who clearly is trying to scare the pants off Canadians. Trudeau is probably the most innocent of the 3, so his message of getting to know the terrorists and find out what is pissing them off is cute but easily countered.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They have settled on a single lone gunman, as expected. Despite four different crime scenes, despite eyewitness reports of two men jumping out of the tan Toyota Corolla, despite reports of a gunman racing away on a motorcycle.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego Not to mention that Rideau St is still locked down ,CSIS gates are up. Everything about this seems wrong... From the absolute crackdown on pertinent information vital to the safety of the public, to the complete lack of communication from Harper at all, until what? 7pm.

It's ridiculous. Sitting downtown we all heard multiple percussive sounds from the Peace Tower and the vicinity of the Rideau Mall and Sparks Street Mall so I don't believe this for a minute.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Idiot jumps fence as Harper lays wreath for slain soldier,gets steel pressed to his head.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 23-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
"Ottawa police have arrested a man who crossed police tape...."

I would not be surprised if this man was an undercover cop, trying to keep a scare up. The propaganda must be catapulted.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was listening today on the radio how the Canadian Parliament stood and applauded the Sgt at Arms who killed the shooter.

This was just after listening to how the event in Fergeson has now shown through autopsy and careful investigation by the DOJ and Holder that the Police Officer didn't do anything wrong.

My immediate thought was,
if an Arab terrorist shooter
started shooting up congress
and a white Sgt at Arms shot and killed him
There would be an immediate investigation
to discredit and ruin the Sgt as a racist.
There would be no standing ovation, just derision
and lots of media coverage about gun control
and the racism of white police.
The DOJ and Holder and the current administration in the white house would be on it faster than syrup on a pancake.

That is what the US has come to and I have no doubt that this would be the scenario in the US, unlike Canada

edit on 11Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:07:55 -0500am102310amk234 by grandmakdw because: spellling

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I was listening today on the radio how the Canadian Parliament stood and applauded the Sgt at Arms who killed the shooter.

This was just after listening to how the event in Fergeson has now shown through autopsy and careful investigation by the DOJ and Holder that the Police Officer didn't do anything wrong.

My immediate thought was,
if an Arab terrorist shooter
started shooting up congress
and a white Sgt at Arms shot and killed him
There would be an immediate investigation
to discredit and ruin the Sgt as a racist.
There would be no standing ovation, just derision
and lots of media coverage about gun control
and the racism of white police.
The DOJ and Holder and the current administration in the white house would be on it faster than syrup on a pancake.

That is what the US has come to and I have no doubt that this would be the scenario in the US, unlike Canada

Apples and oranges, plus you're really just making stuff up here.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Keep your US racism to yourself, Canada is not like that. Our police dont target by skin colour.

We passed well beyond skin colour(tho not fuily achieved) discrimination.

Terrorist, whatever skin colour they are, need to be stopped.

I would have praised the person whoever stopped him, the skin colour of either don't matter here.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Keep your US racism to yourself, Canada is not like that. Our police dont target by skin colour.

We passed well beyond skin colour(tho not fuily achieved) discrimination.

Terrorist, whatever skin colour they are, need to be stopped.

I would have praised the person whoever stopped him, the skin colour of either don't matter here.

I agree with you. Canada reacted sensibly and honorably.

The US these days reacts neither sensibly or honorably.

The US police don't target by race either, it is all hype made up by the media and the current administration to divide the country and to promote racism. Once investigated, all the recent cases that made huge news and caused riots, have turned out to be justified and color blind actions. I am sick of it, the way that the US media and White House purposely cause riots and racial hatred. It is criminal and it has diminished the US in the eyes of the world, and caused US citizens to distrust anything the media or white house tell them about their own country.

Canada faced this challenge by giving out accurate and honest information immediately, and by NOT race baiting, and by not automatically disparaging the police officer but by honoring him.

edit on 11Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:34:46 -0500am102310amk234 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I was just reflecting and coming up with an observation.

Never claimed it was more than that.

I based my observation on how the US has reacted that way whenever a minority has been killed by a white person over the past more than few years. Especially when the shooter was a police officer type.

Yes this is conjecture, but I think it is a quite accurate prediction of what might happen.

I applaud Canada for honoring the police officer, which NEVER happens in the US in recent years.

Canada has handled this whole thing in a fantastic way, honestly, and honoring the facts.

edit on 11Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:29:52 -0500am102310amk234 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GoalPoster
My friend, don't believe the hype..Canada and us Canadians will be ok, we have been through stuff like this with the FLQ, Squamish 5, Air India..indirectly, and so on, while this is very sad and tragic Canada is still Canada..we cannot let some whackjob do this to us..that includes the guy in the P.M.s office as well as the lone loser murdering scumbag. There will be some changes im sure as govts never let a tragedy go to waste.
Peace.

edit on 23-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
CTV interviewed someone early this morning, too early for me to catch the name, but he clearly said that the gunman had been refused a passport and was subsequently placed on a watch list.

Another tidbit is that when the gunman entered parliament with his gun a security guard by the name of Constable Sun tried to grab it and succeeded in pointing it downward as he yelled "gun, gun!" before it went off and shot Sun in the lower leg or foot. Though Vickers is the one being praised, I thought something should be said for those security guards who responded quickly. This morning though, security has added two checkpoints before anyone can access the building.

Great Britain carried the return of the Canadian parliament today as well as the very rare display of solidarity between the leaders. It was indeed a great show for the cameras and international press. (For me though, the total disrespect shown by Harper and his cronies throughout his tenure during Question Period for any opposing member of parliament who might just happen to represent many of us has not convinced this Canadian that he was sincere or that solidarity will last.

The Hamilton Muslim community (or is it Ottawa?) will lay a wreath to honor the slain soldier CPL Nathan Cirillo this afternoon and issue a statement.

edit on 23-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
As much as I bleet about the current govt/police I think the whole thing has been dealt with exceptionaly well by all involved, there were quite a few hero's yesterday.

edit on 23-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What a sad time.

No doubt the Canadian government will bring in severe legislation which will only end up restricting the freedoms of ordinary Canadians.

Was this attack terrorism? Seems to me to be the work of a deranged lunatic as opposed to an act of terrorism.

Was there any statement or reasoning left by the perpetrator of this attack? The guy was a Muslim convert which many people are just taking as granted that that means he's a terrorist.

I have to say I've always considered Canadians to be welcoming, tolerant, thoughtful people. I just hope they don't give way to those who call for hysteria, paranoia and knee jerk reactions.

Not that ISIS has anything to do with this but even so, this attack came (like such things usually do) after the Canadian government said they would join the in the fight against ISIS.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Some dangerous dumb clown walks into parliament with a death wish...

That should be the title of every story relating to this
edit on 10/23/2014 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

Was this attack terrorism? Seems to me to be the work of a deranged lunatic as opposed to an act of terrorism.

Whatever it is.. if people act like sheeps and run to their shepards, you can bet we will have stupid legislations laid upon us.

If Canadians fall for this BS after what happened to US Citizens then they doomed themselves.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join