It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Haitians coming to the US.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I did a search, but didn't find a previous thread about this. The news is two days old, so if I missed a thread somewhere, my apologies in advance.

Anyway, it seems that the Haitians are coming. 100,000 of them.

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee took the Obama administration to task Friday for its “irresponsible” plan to allow as many as 100,000 Haitians to immigrate to the U.S. without a visa. Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa said the administration’s Haitian Family Reunification Parole Program — which will allow thousands of Haitians awaiting a U.S. visa to enter the country and legally apply for work permits — is “an irresponsible overreach of the executive branch’s authority.” “Which countries are next on President Obama’s list?” Mr. Grassley said. “Will there by medical screenings before entry? Will work permits be granted automatically? How will this affect American workers?” U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the branch of the Department of Homeland Security that handles immigration benefits cases, announced Friday the program to unite Haitians already living in the U.S. with family members abroad will ramp up in 2015. At that time the State Department’s National Visa Center will begin notifying families who may be eligible to take part in the program. Those immigrants will allowed to apply for work permits while waiting for issuance of their permanent visas.

I wish our economy was stronger if we are going to absorb more people that need jobs.

Ooops, forgot the link.
Washington Times
edit on b000000312014-10-21T13:15:30-05:0001America/ChicagoTue, 21 Oct 2014 13:15:30 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: Added link!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
American citizens losing jobs, homes, rights. But 100,000 obviously won't put a dent on our economy

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
wow, if this is true we may as well hang the job market up and beg for assistance! We have another 34 million illegal immigrates that our president is preparing to give citizenship. I feel like the American people are going to be put out to paster. Where is all the money going to come from to support all of them... Never mind I know where.

edit on 21-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ah, they justify it by calling it "Family Reunification"
Yeah right

It will also amp up next year as well

Goody, more people for taxpayers to take care of

Between Obamacare and their immigration tactics, our economy is going to implode one day

The agency said the program will expedite “safe, legal and orderly migration.”
*shakes head*

“The rebuilding and development of a safe and economically strong Haiti is a priority for the United States. The Haitian Family Reunification Parole program promotes a fundamental underlying goal of our immigration system — family reunification,” said Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas. “It also supports broader U.S. goals for Haiti’s reconstruction and development by providing the opportunity for certain eligible Haitians to safely and legally immigrate sooner to the United States. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the branch of the Department of Homeland Security that handles immigration benefits cases, announced Friday the program to unite Haitians already living in the U.S. with family members abroad will ramp up in 2015. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well the plus side is that we will now have an additional 20000 or so healthcare practitioners that accept Obama care...
Haitians lead the world in non-invasive tumor removal ... they are very skilled at cleansing the bad spirits off of a Person.
It's true. I've seen it on YouTube

edit on 21-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: i speel fine

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think they are coming to replace 100,000 that no longer want to be here...so the net change is zero.

based on the daily bitching I read...Obama may have to find 100s of thousands more to replace the people I suspect should want to go live somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You guys do realize that these people were already approved to come to the US, right? All this is doing is speeding-up the visa process.

Under this program U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will offer certain eligible Haitian beneficiaries of already approved family-based immigrant visa petitions, who are currently in Haiti, an opportunity to come to the United States up to approximately two years before their immigrant visa priority dates become current.

Also, it appears that the application process hasn't even begun. So the 100,000 number is pure speculation.

USCIS is not currently accepting HFRP program applications, and potential beneficiaries should not take any action at this time. USCIS will provide full program details before the end of this calendar year and stakeholder engagements will take place shortly thereafter. In early 2015, the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC) will begin contacting certain U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents with approved petitions for Haitian family members, offer them the opportunity to apply to the program, and provide instructions on how to apply. Only individuals who receive a written notice of program eligibility from NVC will be eligible to apply.

Source
edit on 10/21/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

At the rate the US is going, I could see a headline in the future that reads, "100,000 Americans coming to Haiti."

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
OH MY GOD THE HATIANS ARE COMING?!? Not the Hatians! ... They effs' with VooDoo and stuff!!!

Seriously, allowing 100K to freely immigrate to America is America's plan to "Build a Stronger Haiti"?! Were talking about the same Haiti right?! Pirates Haiti? Ruthless Serpent in the Rainbow Haiti?! Eff it, I'm on board... Bring 'em on...Let's make a stronger Haiti, send the real bad ones over here, we are a little low on crazy stuff right now anyway... Maybe they can put some VooDoo on ebola for us...

edit on 21-10-2014 by wastedown because: grammar

edit on 21-10-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They'll all get garbage jobs, and it'll help sustain the job stats perhaps..

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They'll all get garbage jobs, and it'll help sustain the job stats...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Don't make any sense of this sheep, let them get their torches and pitchforks and rabble rabble rabble.
Damn mob mentality, it would be nice if some one stood against this type of thinKing every once in while

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What no one takes into account is what happens to the money illegals make here in the usa?

Well all the money that is made here in the USA goes back to prop up the economy of some other country.

Billions of dollars a year. I would rather Illegals be legalized and we get them paying into our system instead of some other system.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
this is what the internet is good for
you wont hear this on the nightly news
foreigners come from all over the globe to meet up with family members already here in the states

a fairly large percentage end up in Texas

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

We should just cut Down all of our trees and divert all of our water resources into mega ghettos.

He'll let the whole world in who cares.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What are the Americans that need a job that voted for this freak thinking now?
He is the worst ever. Carter you are no longer number one.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well, I sort of thought this would be a good story considering that these people are not going to come in to the country illegally. They did follow the proper procedures.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

At the rate the US is going, I could see a headline in the future that reads, "100,000 Americans coming to Haiti."

Your right I already want to leave. Maybe move to a progressive country like norway, Bolivia, Iceland.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
What no one takes into account is what happens to the money illegals make here in the usa?

Well all the money that is made here in the USA goes back to prop up the economy of some other country.

Billions of dollars a year. I would rather Illegals be legalized and we get them paying into our system instead of some other system.

These people are not illegals. They have already gone through whatever process was needed and were approved. This just gives them a chance to apply for a chance to come to the US before the visa is processed.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Dear sheepslayer247,

I see that making certain arguments will get me labeled, so let me try a different avenue which does make me curious.

Why Haiti? They cut in line two years ahead of all the other applicants, making those others wait longer than Haitians. They must be very valuable to us.

Especially since US Customs and Immigration Service sent out a press release on the subject:

Legal authority for the HFRP program is provided under the Immigration and Nationality Act which authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to parole into the United States certain individuals, on a case-by-case basis, for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit. This is the same legal authority used to establish the Cuban Family Reunification Parole program in 2007.(Emphasis added)

www.uscis.gov...

Is the mention of Cuba designed to say "Well, Bush did it too." That's amazingly flimsy. Considering the hatred for Bush, I wouldn't expect anyone to say, "We're just following Bush's example."

Certainly, they're not coming into the US to provide "significant public benefit." Well then, it must be "urgent humanitarian reasons." Why now? What has changed in Haiti over the last several years? They had an earthquake 4 or 5 years ago, and they've been getting heavy rains and hurricanes forever. So what's urgent?

If you wanted urgent, how about giving refugee status to those attacked by ISIS, or who fled war zones?

I hope you have an explanation which I've missed. When the government doesn't have a logical explanation for something, then political maneuvering is almost always the correct choice.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join