It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Haitians coming to the US.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why don't we just being ISIS in as well? Maybe we can all get along.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Good questions Charles.

I suppose that political maneuvering is a possibility and it wouldn't be wise to dismiss that possibility. But let me see if I can make a rational argument without the need to involve a political motive.

Similar to Cubans, many Haitians decide to risk the journey to America over treacherous waters. Sadly, many lose their lives in such attempts. In 2007, the Cuban Family Reunification Parole program was enacted to help reduce such fatal attempts at coming to America by speeding-up certain process that can take up to over a decade to complete. Could this be the "humanitarian reason" to justify the program?

As for "why now"? I suppose things take time in our political machine and it has taken the pro-Haitian lobby some time to convince the government to put a program in place to help Haitian immigrants that have already been approved for entry in to the US.

It also must be noted that these people would not take the place of other eligible immigrants. The existing quota would be extended to include these Haitians. Also, the actual number of people allowed to enter the US could be very small compared to the 100,000 projection.

Please read this article as it provides some additional info.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Let's play What disease will the Haitians bring to the US?

Illegal south american children brought Enterovirus which has paralyzed and killed children in the US.
Let's not forget the drug resistant the Adults who came across with them brought to the US.

Ebola was courtesy of the Obama administration not closing the borders to hot zones until the epidemic burned out.

Let's see what the Haitians will bring!!! Yea, can't wait to see another way to depopulate the US!.

Obama appointed a depopulationist as Ebola Czar, so he must want to see a lot of us dead too, wonder what he has in mind with the latest group he has encouraged to come to the US.

Obama's motto for immigrants - bring us your sick, your illiterate, your criminals.

edit on 3Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:44:51 -0500pm102110pmk212 by grandmakdw because: spellling

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why have no Republicans filed suit over this and other unconstitutional behaviors? Are they just squawking about it, putting on a show to maintain the left/right illusion? Are they really FOR this kind of action? Why?

It would seem to me that if there was any real resistance to this, something would be DONE, and it never is.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

No they're puppets like the left. They all put on shows, all equally complicit in the downfall of this planet.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Dear sheepslayer247,

Really good job. I'm impressed. Those are points worthy of an ATS legend. (No, I won't let you forget that. I may even start capitalizing "legend." So there.)

Drowning could very well be the humanitarian reason. It had never crossed my mind, but it's the best non-political reason I've heard, I think you've got it. These may be niggling points, but I wonder.

If they have all been approved anyway, and the most they would have to wait is two years, it's hard for me to accept that any of them would risk the crossing rather than just wait out their remaining time.

After this is announced, what will the Haitians think? How will it affect their behavior? Will it eliminate people trying to make the crossing? I don't know, but I don't think so. I suppose this is a "Wait and see," and hope.

I kind of like your answer to "Why now," but it's less convincing. We've learned that if Obama wants to do something that only requires Executive Action, it's not going to sit around for years.

I'd really have been happy if we had gotten the 40,000 or so people trapped by ISIS off that mountain top and offered them a place to stay, but I suppose there are many people suffering, and some suffering people just have to wait.

Anyway, Great response there, Legend. (I've decided it needed capitalization.)

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 21-10-2014 by charles1952 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

No they're puppets like the left. They all put on shows, all equally complicit in the downfall of this planet.

It makes me think there might be something to that whole notion that an alien elite controls everything. Who else would have the means to keep so many powerful people in line? Why don't a few state leaders go in and knock their chess pieces over and say "Yeah, we're done taking orders from you." ??

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
What no one takes into account is what happens to the money illegals make here in the usa?

Well all the money that is made here in the USA goes back to prop up the economy of some other country.

Billions of dollars a year. I would rather Illegals be legalized and we get them paying into our system instead of some other system.

If that was truly the case, wouldn't it be cheaper to send the one illegal per family back to Haiti as opposed to bringing their family here?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Because they get so much money and perks out of it they just do what they're told and enjoy the benefits.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Legend, huh? I would usually deny such a honor, but since it's capitalized, I must accept.

If they have all been approved anyway, and the most they would have to wait is two years, it's hard for me to accept that any of them would risk the crossing rather than just wait out their remaining time.

In the link I provided above, it had this to say:

More than 100,000 such relatives have been approved but, because of annual caps, some of them face wait times of up to a dozen years before they can receive visas.

I cannot say that this statement is completely correct, but I could imagine that someone, even though they have been approved, may be willing to risk the waters instead of waiting over a decade.

We've learned that if Obama wants to do something that only requires Executive Action, it's not going to sit around for years.

Agreed. Perhaps Obama is finally giving in to pressure from the immigration lobby, or perhaps he sees this as an opportunity to assist the Democrat party candidates in Florida in the next election. He signs the EO, the immigration lobby pushes for Democrats. It's possible.

I'd really have been happy if we had gotten the 40,000 or so people trapped by ISIS off that mountain top and offered them a place to stay, but I suppose there are many people suffering, and some suffering people just have to wait.

Yes, there are many people we could allow to come to the US for "humanitarian" reasons, and each of us would have different answers as to whom we should save.

I hear that Swedish bikini models have it pretty rough these days. We should save them from their plight and bring them to America. Ya know, for the sake of humanity.

edit on 10/21/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/21/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Dear sheepslayer247,

Another good solid response, we could work with that. Thanks for being so thoughtful.

About those poor, suffering, Swedish Bikini models (what is the season for bikinis in Sweden, two weeks?) Bring them to the show tomorrow night. We'll help ease their suffering, it's the American thing to do. Oh, speaking of that.

HEY EVERYBODY, LISTEN TO REALITY REMIX TOMORROW NIGHT.

It stars the Legend himself, and it will be worth hearing.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1   >>

join