It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: OrionsGem

Yea but what if your explanations are not rational?

Well someone should keep them honest. We are all subject to bias and every other pitfall that comes with the territory. Making up BS psychological conditions is not helpful. Providing rational arguments is helpful.

You know guys..contrary to what many of you believe of me, I am actually very objective and open to all views on this subject. I just frown upon the hostility displayed by certain debunkers and skeptics. And yes the so called "believers" can be hostile as well for no good reason...

If you can keep things civil and rational I will be happy to hear your take on things...If you look at my threads you will see I am always quick to admit when I am wrong. Nobody wants to look stupid or stuff their foot firmly in their mouth.

I know there is alot of garbage out there. Am I biased? Yes I am due to my own paranormal encounters in my life. Ive proven it to myself, but how do you prove things to others who themselves have to "see it to believe it" and haven't yet?

In there lies the root of frustration in this forum...

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You know guys..contrary to what many of you believe of me, I am actually very objective and open to all views on this subject

I can vouch for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You know guys..contrary to what many of you believe of me, I am actually very objective and open to all views on this subject

I can vouch for you.

Why thank you kindly=)

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionsGem

Well someone should keep them honest. We are all subject to bias and every other pitfall that comes with the territory. Making up BS psychological conditions is not helpful. Providing rational arguments is helpful.

You know guys..contrary to what many of you believe of me, I am actually very objective and open to all views on this subject. I just frown upon the hostility displayed by certain debunkers and skeptics. And yes the so called "believers" can be hostile as well for no good reason...

If you can keep things civil and rational I will be happy to hear your take on things...If you look at my threads you will see I am always quick to admit when I am wrong. Nobody wants to look stupid or stuff their foot firmly in their mouth.

I know there is alot of garbage out there. Am I biased? Yes I am due to my own paranormal encounters in my life. Ive proven it to myself, but how do you prove things to others who themselves have to "see it to believe it" and haven't yet?

OG

Fair enough. And you know, I think, that other than some brother & sisterly(?) grouchiness, you're all right by me.

edit on 23-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is the first thread since a long time..without a lot of effort to undermine the possibility of it being real...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

OG

Fair enough and nicely put. And you know, I think, that other than some brother & sisterly(?) grouchiness, you're all right by me.

Your Ok too=) oh and Im a dude...just sayin..LOL

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
this is the first thread since a long time..without a lot of effort to undermine the possibility of it being real...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really? I thought there was alot of effort present on that thread=) Altho most of the accused have since bowed out of the thread ever so graciously...hehe.

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey can anyone tell me where that Turkey ufo thread disappeared to that was posted here a few days back? Did the OP disappear as well? What the heck happened?

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

no chance for them this time

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

The Only thing Close of a Alien Exchange program. was in a Movie Called Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind which IMO Someone knew of Something , within the Movie we have Stanton Friedman , DR ALLAN Hynak , Dr Jacques Vallée In Frame Looking at the Visitors and Observing , The Exchange Program on Hand ! Im Curious to know where they got this Idea From, A Interstellar exchange Program?

You know that Stanton Friedman, J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallee didn't write "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", right? Films are written by screenwriters and the ideas usually come from them although it's possible that Spielberg suggested to the screenwriter that some things be included. You do know that actors don't make up their lines, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

The Only thing Close of a Alien Exchange program. was in a Movie Called Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind which IMO Someone knew of Something , within the Movie we have Stanton Friedman , DR ALLAN Hynak , Dr Jacques Vallée In Frame Looking at the Visitors and Observing , The Exchange Program on Hand ! Im Curious to know where they got this Idea From, A Interstellar exchange Program?

You know that Stanton Friedman, J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallee didn't write "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", right? Films are written by screenwriters and the ideas usually come from them although it's possible that Spielberg suggested to the screenwriter that some things be included. You do know that actors don't make up their lines, right?

Wait a minute you mean that wasnt a documentary?

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

You seem to have very specific information about this. What is your source?

I knew you would be curious.

Whitley Strieber in his book The Master of the Key.

Book: The Master of the Key

He said he spoke with a being, and I believe his story though of course there is no absolute truth, who told him the greatest sin a person could commit was failure to allow mankind to thrive, which is best exemplified today in the secrets that are kept by governments, religions, secret societies around the world. Some of it is ancient knowledge and some of it is recent history (911, Kennedy Assassination).

The truth would help mankind see the deception it lives in, and help them reach their full potential.

He said some have seen the light and opted for life at Leavenworth over the uncertainly as to what might happen to your soul after death if you are committing this sin.

I don't buy into the religious version of sin or religion itself, but I believe in a higher power, and just like laws on earth, ignorance is no excuse.

But hey, some people think a paycheck is more important. I admire their courage.

That book is deeply profound,the guy goes onto state that there are Aliens among us who are basically human(as there are types of Planetary templates that create different types of life based upon the elements on the planet)
These Humans/Aliens are actively working against humanity by selectively infiltrating influential positions in Science and creating disinformation to send us off on the wrong tangents in fields such as new forms of propulsion.
And the purpose is to keep us quarantined in the immediate vicinity of the Earth.
They also work to impose the Secrecy.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As far as an “organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?”
Who would do that BUT—as GUT would say—the Gubmint as part of an ongoing effort at misinformation towards AlienUFO phenomena…I can't see any other motivation behind such an effort, MIB’S NOTWITHSTANDING.

I think it has been firmly established that the secret boys have done their best to undermine UFOlogy…and frankly I think they have been very successful.

UFOlogy is still very non mainstream other than on the arcane cable channels and internet groups.
The key is MAINSTREAM…The Gubmint will always protect that sacred area of population control and as it has been obvious in politics, that any malcontent remotely approaching the possibility of influencing the mainstream away from what the secret powers want will be taken out: MLK, MALCOLM, THE KENNEDY BROTHERS…etc.
As in politics, I think any UFO group or person (it hasn’t seemingly happened yet on the surface) that does get near the mainstream in influence imo won’t survive.

They want ONLY pedestrian (capitalism and traditional western values( whatever the hell that is) and or materialism) to be the predominant way of thinking and living…and that excludes Aliens with big eyes or long blond hair (ala George Adamski) talking love, peace and brotherhood. That doesn’t jibe with western capitalism…
Of course unless one thinks that William Cooper, Carla Tucker or Phil Schneider ( and some others)were murdered as many do, there is no apparent silencing by the secret boys towards any anti or pro Ufologist( of course APPARENT dont mean it don't happen).
That’s a good idea for a thread, btw, one that explores these supposed murders of alien exposure folks.

Anyway...bottom line we won’t see alien interest on CNN any time soon
Of course maybe on FOX if it turns out they’re republicans after all!
Then again if they were republicans we'd all be dead by now!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
As far as an “organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?”
Who would do that BUT—as GUT would say—the Gubmint as part of an ongoing effort at misinformation towards AlienUFO phenomena…I can't see any other motivation behind such an effort, MIB’S NOTWITHSTANDING.

You just mean my euphemism "gubmint" not the rest of that. You know that, but it's a lil' unclear the way it's written.

I see more evidence that the usg is prone to promoting wild ET tales than covering up any alleged crashes containing off-planet life that don't seem to exist when really and openly dug into.

That doesn't mean I don't think they might be hiding something profound, because I'm leaning towards they do.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

You seem to have very specific information about this. What is your source?

I knew you would be curious.

Whitley Strieber in his book The Master of the Key.

Book: The Master of the Key

He said he spoke with a being, and I believe his story though of course there is no absolute truth, who told him the greatest sin a person could commit was failure to allow mankind to thrive, which is best exemplified today in the secrets that are kept by governments, religions, secret societies around the world. Some of it is ancient knowledge and some of it is recent history (911, Kennedy Assassination).

The truth would help mankind see the deception it lives in, and help them reach their full potential.

He said some have seen the light and opted for life at Leavenworth over the uncertainly as to what might happen to your soul after death if you are committing this sin.

I don't buy into the religious version of sin or religion itself, but I believe in a higher power, and just like laws on earth, ignorance is no excuse.

But hey, some people think a paycheck is more important. I admire their courage.

That book is deeply profound,the guy goes onto state that there are Aliens among us who are basically human(as there are types of Planetary templates that create different types of life based upon the elements on the planet)
These Humans/Aliens are actively working against humanity by selectively infiltrating influential positions in Science and creating disinformation to send us off on the wrong tangents in fields such as new forms of propulsion.
And the purpose is to keep us quarantined in the immediate vicinity of the Earth.
They also work to impose the Secrecy.

'
If I question his claims and ask for evidence will I be labeled a debunker and accused of being part of an "organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?" Of course there are a few people who post only to ridicule and disrupt but I suspect they do that on forums devoted to other topics as well. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That applies to both the claim that there's an organized effort to undermine this forum and Strieber's claims.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

OG

Gah...I was buying that a little, but I'm halfway through your Bushman thread and you're rudely hacking off heads left & right that were being both nice, level, AND supportive while all the while referencing a number of well-known mythologies as if they were gold.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

OG

Gah...I was buying that a little, but I'm halfway through your Bushman thread and you're rudely hacking off heads left & right that were being both nice, level, AND supportive while all the while referencing a number of well-known mythologies as if they were gold.

I only started hacking when people began to tell me what I was thinking, what I "appeared" like, what I "seemed" like, and generally screamed BS on the OP without providing any constructive arguments. I cannot stand folks who misquote me, and put words in my mouth.

Go ahead and find one PLAUSIBLE explanation that was put forward by the debunkers...

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
You should question his claims.
And it is theorized that answers that the human brain cannot answer makes you smarter.
And the whole subject is one massive question.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"Close Encounters" was very much Spielberg's baby, probably what is of even greater interest is that, when it came to the TV series "Taken" there had been, in the intervening decades a shift in what Spielberg's agenda seemed to be. From extraterrestrial to inter-dimensional with a huge dose of the manipulation of what we believe to be "real". in taken the human alien hybrid has the ability to project a vast UFO crashing into the temporary military installation with all those witnessing it, totally convinced it is really happening. In fact "Taken" shows both "real technology" and "mind projections".

Taken also moves the "alien agenda" from peaceful exploration and sharing contact with humans, to a totally unknown intelligence that seems determined to move humanity on another step and begs the question, are we humans merely their experiment anyway?

The most one can say about Spielberg with any real certainty is that, such luminaries as Hyneck, Vallee etc seem to view him as a "safe pair of hands" in imparting to the public at large, current thoughts at a given time, by those who one can claim really know their stuff, about UFOs .

On the other hand, Britain's Nigel Kneale can said to be almost the polar opposite of Spielberg. Kneale, at least in public, claimed he didn't believe a single word of what he wrote and had a pretty dim view of the supernatural as a whole. Be that as it may, Kneale almost single handedly brought into the mass consciousness many concepts and ideas that are today, pedaled as "fact". Humans as an artificial race created by Aliens, The Executive being insidiously infiltrated and taken over in order to turn our world into one fit for the Alien masters to take over and live on.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Wait a minute you mean that wasnt a documentary?

OG

Hynek and Vallee worked for the US government as dis(seminating)information specialists.
I always figured Close Encounters was (also) written to the liking of the aliens?
The official story of the alien exchange hasn't moved much even though we know its a false cover.

edit on 23-10-2014 by Cauliflower because: obviously entertainment for the kiddies

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join