It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Lots of People Have Ebola-Proof Blood?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
More people thinking about blood. Weird spin on this one though. Black market blood. Shudder at that thought.

As Ebola spreads out of control in West Africa, the World Health Organization reports a black market in blood from Ebola survivors. The epidemic is killing up to 70 percent of those who get sick, but the thousands who have survived have blood teeming with antibodies that protect them against infection again.

Ebola survivor Dr. Kent Brantly has donated serum to three other patients — fellow medical missionary Dr. Rick Sacra, NBC camera operator Ashoka Mukpo and Dallas nurse Nina Pham. No one knows if it’s helped, but in theory Brantly’s antibodies should have kick-started their immune responses.
“There is limited evidence from past outbreaks that suggests there probably are quite a few people who get exposed, who get infected, without ever developing symptoms and without ever developing illness but they develop immunity,” said Lauren Ancel Meyers, a professor in the Department of Integrative Biology at The University of Texas at Austin.

In other words, Ebola might be acting like its own vaccine.

[Source NBC News]

And then there's this....

On this first feature, we are going to do something that innumerate, propagandist Axis MSM mouthpieces unwilling and in most cases unable to do, which is compute the probability that Brantly’s blood type matched, for plasma transfusion purposes, the blood type of Sacra, Mukpo, and Pham. That probability, it turns out, is very low indeed.

Ebola in the United States: The Probability of Fraud

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was wondering earlier today if certain blood types are more susceptible to react worse or better to Ebola?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well, that will be terrible if people will bleed the survivors for their plasma, but in this world everything is possible.

Still is something about Ebola, see those that survive have antibodies, yes but they are immune for that strain of ebola they contracted for only 10 years and if ebola mutates they are fair game once again for ebola.

That is why a vaccine could become soo profitable, just like flu you will have to get vaccinated every soo many years.

Now as for the survivors that received the ZMapp I wonder if their antibodies are different because they had help boosting their immune system once they ere sick.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It depends. If Brantly is A-, he can donate to four other blood types: A+, A-, AB+, AB-.

For both Caucasians and Asians, A comprises about 33%, O is about 30% and the remaining is split between the other blood types.

It's one of the reasons the blood donation center loves my husband - he's an A-, so his blood has quite a bit of utility.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is the same with my husband he is also an A+, the blood bank is always calling him to donate blood.

he call them the "vampires".

Is interesting because his mother is type O+ but his father is A+,

While my mother is also A+ and my father O+ we all 4 siblings are O+.

A blood type is considered the European blood, while O is considered the original blood, or something along the lines.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

A+ can not donate to any negative blood type. Only A+ or AB+. No RH negative could ever receive RH positive blood.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I read that it is believed that about 15 percent of the natives in the Ebola river region have some genetic resistance to ebola.
The masai have stories of diseases going back generations of a bleeding sickness that would kill quickly but was rare and isolated.
It is likely that in a worldwide pandemic, people in ebola prone areas would have the highest survival rates in the long run.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

A+ can not donate to any negative blood type. Only A+ or AB+. No RH negative could ever receive RH positive blood.

All I had read was that Brantly is A which is why I said "If Brantly is A-."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Well, that will be terrible if people will bleed the survivors for their plasma, but in this world everything is possible.

I actually expect this to happen in the short term. They get a good vaccine out there, it will stop, but in the short term, immune plasma will be worth its weight in gold. And I'd expect there will be SOME coercion from the government to make you cough it up.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Witness2008

All I had read was that Brantly is A which is why I said "If Brantly is A-."

Follow the last link in the OP. It shows the relationships between blood in the U.S. victims so far, as far as we know.

Excerpt:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

How about the other two survivors that took the ZMapp, that was a women and another doctor, why are they no donating blood, actually I have seen nothing that point to them been either ask or donating blood by choice.

Could it be that they have some blood problems or disorders that is kept private and made them no suitable for donation?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I also read that is many children that have survived the ebola and now are orphans.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I know that certain genetic groups are more prone to certain diseases. R1B haplogroup which I am, is resistant to many diseases that Indo-European ancestry is prone to. We are also more susceptible to cancer and other bodily "malfunctions". I dont think Ebola will really infect me, though I dont want to test that theory. LOL

I never really got sick before for a prolonged period of time. I suffer from respiratory diseases like Allergies and colds every now again, but thats it. I get severe colds but never other symptoms like fevers, diarrhea, drowsiness, fatigue, or neurological diseases or imbalances.

I think some diseases affect some groups more than others, while certain developmental ailments are more present in some groups over others. I think this is actually supported by main stream science. Not sure really.

EDIT TO ADD:
I just thought I would add that we have type 0 negative blood in my family.

edit on 10 18 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Mitchell: Nancy, have you been asked to donate blood? I know Dr. Brantly was a good match for our own freelance camera person, Ashoka Mukpo.

Writebol: I have been asked to donate blood. I have not been a match for any of the patients

[Source]
I

If she couldn't donate to Duncan, she is not B+. If she couldn't donate to the people Brantly donated to, she is not A+.

I guess that leaves the possibility that she is O, AB, or a negative type of all four?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well that is a good question, because I believe that the second male doctor was not asked to donate due to the fact that he was suffering from an upper respiratory infection in the last few weeks.

I wonder if that is the reason?

All together is 4 people receiving ZMapp and three surviving as the 4th was already to far gone to be saved.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

“There is limited evidence from past outbreaks that suggests there probably are quite a few people who get exposed, who get infected, without ever developing symptoms and without ever developing illness but they develop immunity,” said Lauren Ancel Meyers, a professor in the Department of Integrative Biology at The University of Texas at Austin.
-OP Source
Carriers would be then immune to the symptoms. Possibly coincides with the ten , up to fourteen percent, of people of European descent have immunity markers against AIDS, to as said even Ebola, due to exposure over time by the Black Plague. Areas in Africa, have groups of people that have immunities to Ebola, said to because of being exposed to Ebola in the environment over the years.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: badgerprints

I also read that is many children that have survived the ebola and now are orphans.

Yep,
Lots of orphans.
Luckily, most of the affected victims are members of extended families and lots of the kids have close relatives who will care for them.

I'd hate to see what would happen here in the US with all of the single parent families.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Possibly coincides with the ten , up to fourteen percent, of people of European descent have immunity markers against AIDS, to as said even Ebola, due to exposure over time by the Black Plague. Areas in Africa, have groups of people that have immunities to Ebola, said to because of being exposed to Ebola in the environment over the years.

Immunity to ebola in people of European descent?

I didn't hear about that.

So the black plague may have been ebola?
Wonder how that got to Europe.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I had to go back and find this article I read a few days ago. Might be interesting for this thread. Now I might be O- here, but I really don't want to be rubbing up on ebola to test this theory.

Are you Immune to Ebola or AIDS?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TC Mike
Thanks, Mike. Man, there's a ton of information there.

Apocalyptic sure sounds like it might be a ebola or a close cousin. Never read anything about that one before.

And the part about HIV resistance with a mutant gene along with Rh- is very interesting as well. So for ebola it could be a similar thing working. I wonder if the WHO and/or CDC or anyone else are keeping records of blood types in Africa.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join