It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in the United States: The Probability of Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Submitted for your perusal and dissection...I as yet am unsure what to make of it. Help.

This article touches on numerous topics being discussed or touched on in the many ebola threads here at ATS, particularly discussions of blood types and false positives. It also makes some serious allegations. Sigh...

The first feature concerns the apparent fact that Dr, Kent Brantly shares the same blood type, for purposes of plasma transfusion, with three U.S. citizens purportedly stricken with Ebola who are tightly connected with U.S. soil: Dr. Nick Sacra, NBC cameraman Ashoka Mukpo, and nurse Nina Pham. Dr. Angela Hewitt remarked upon the Brantly’s second successive match, which was with Mukpo: “it’s not a likely scenario that he would again have the same blood type,” said Hewlett. “We are incredibly grateful that Dr. Brantly would take the time to do this, not once, but twice.” To the two matches mentioned by Hewitt we must now add, as mentioned just now, the Pham match.

On this first feature, we are going to do something that innumerate, propagandist Axis MSM mouthpieces unwilling and in most cases unable to do, which is compute the probability that Brantly’s blood type matched, for plasma transfusion purposes, the blood type of Sacra, Mukpo, and Pham. That probability, it turns out, is very low indeed.

Patient Group
Compatible Plasma Donor
A
A, AB
B
B, AB
AB
AB
O
O, AB, A, B
mytransfusion.com.au...

The second suspect feature of the MSM Ebola narrative surrounds the Pham Ebola case in particular. While it may sound bombastic, the brute fact is that right now—again on formal probabilistic grounds but this time together with contextual evidence—there is very little reason to believe that Pham in fact contracted Ebola. As you will see, this is very easily demonstrated.

I believe that we determined or tried to deduce somewhere that Writebol must be AB or O.

Also in connection with the prior probability issue, interested readers may want to examine an academic article entitled “Incubation Period of Ebola Hemorrhagic Virus Subtype Zaire.” There, we find evidence that even strong contacts with the Ebola-infected can leave substantial probabilities that infection will be avoided—even over time periods as long as a week. True, that might help explain why Dallas apartment Duncan contacts have not contracted Ebola, and yet, with at least 70 health care workers supposedly exposed and no additional Ebola diagnoses as of now, plentiful questions remain.

In view of all of the above, is it beyond all reason to suppose that Pham, and conceivably even Brantly, have been duped—along with much of the rest of the “bioterrorized” world—at least with respect to purported U.S. citizen, U.S. soil Ebola cases?

I didn't find this already posted. If it is, please ignore.

[Source]

edit on 10/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: forgot the link....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well, I suppose this could go both ways, right? Could that show a very weak statistical example of which blood types get more easily infected? No clue, but you would have to be an expert to make that determination as well. So many ways to find fault in something we have no real experience in dealing with. This is going to be an educator, that is certain.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've done a lot of things in my life. While I still had my Texas Paramedic certifications I worked in the plasma collection industry. I did physical exams to determine donor suitability. I was a medical staff trainer and supervisor. I traveled the country training medical staff. This is just to let everyone know that I have experience in the industry.

The separation of plasma from whole blood was an epic breakthrough. As I recall the story Dr. Charles White was working for what is now the Red Cross when he developed the process. Plasma could be freeze dried an packaged so that field medics could reconstitute it in combat and give wounded soldiers clotting factors and the benefits of blood replacement in place of fluids alone. The beauty of it was the fact that it could be stored for long periods without refrigeration, and was universal in application. Blood type is not a factor when related to plasma recipients. It saved many lives in WW2 because of those reasons. Medics could carry one product and use it on everyone.

Just wanted to put this out there for those that did not know. Anyone can accept plasma from anyone.

Not to derail just a bit of history related to Dr White. He was one of the 1st black Doctors in America. After saving so many lives, he died waiting for blood. He was in a tragic car accident and made it through surgery and would have likely survived aside from loosing to much blood. All he needed was blood, that the hospital had on a shelf waiting. Sadly, the blood they had on hand was for "Whites Only". People still believed that black and whites were so different that their blood couldn't be mixed. That and racisim/segregation cost this great mind his life.
edit on 18-10-2014 by wastedown because: I like editing

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I think you are talking about Dr Charels Drew.

Dr Charles White was one of the first adopters and proponents of polygenism, so it was his influence and others that let to blood and medical treatment being separate for races.

But in the case of Drew, he did receive treatment at the white hopital.

Everything is the same, just the two names are switched around. The story about him being refused care seems to be a myth, but no matter, because blacks still didn't receive full rights at the time, and he did contribute to the medical field nonetheless.

Drew's death was not the result of his having been refused medical care because of his skin color

Cheers.
edit on 18-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I stand corrected, I was going from memory and have been out of the industry near 15 years. That being said, Even Snopes has been wrong before, or maybe they thought they were wrong but were only wrong about thinking they were wrong. As the saying goes "History is written by the winners.". I'm not saying you are wrong or it's a conspiracy if Dr. Drew was witheld blood or not. The story got it's start somewhere.

To stay on topic and avoid thread drift, I only brought it up to relate the fact that Blood Plasma has NOTHING to do with blood type at all.

I do appreciate the refresher.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I believe the treatment is with whole blood that contains the antigens to fight Ebola developed in patients who survive and recover from the disease.
Dr. Brantley received a transfusion from a young surviving male while he was still in Africa and he had a pretty quick turn around immediately after allowing him to walk into Emory Hospital in Atlanta from his ambulance when he had already gotten pretty sick before the transfusion. His followup care also included Zmap.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown
Very interesting about the plasma. I guess this would be a goal they might be working toward with the serum research? To make a serum based on blood of the recovered that is universally acceptable?

a reply to: charlyv
I tried to find more sources on whether they are tracking blood types in West Africa, but no joy.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is another article by the same person from Global Research. Maybe he's onto something, maybe not.

I have actually watched the debates both on the MSM and here at ATS and found that the adamant way in which a few argue that it is not airborne (when the truth is it we just don't know) suspect.

The Ebola Outbreak: U.S. Sponsored Bioterror?

One key U.S. driven lie has to do with the Western MSM’s insistence that nobody of any repute believes that Ebola might be airborne. On this issue, the Public Health Agency of Canada remarks:

In the laboratory, infection through small-particle aerosols has been demonstrated in primates, and airborne spread among humans is strongly suspected, although it has not yet been conclusively demonstrated (1, 6, 13). The importance of this route of transmission is not clear. Poor hygienic conditions can aid the spread of the virus.

A few scientific studies expressing concern about the airborne possibility are cited in this article, and other such studies are not hard to find.

The second lie really is a lie of nondisclosure, and concerns the reality that the MSM has not told us that we are dealing with a biologically distinct form of Ebola that has never been seen before.

So, consider the following disconcerting information appearing in the New England Journal of Medicine in April 2014 regarding the current West African, Guinean outbreak of Ebola:

Phylogenetic analysis of the full-length sequences established a separate clade for the Guinean EBOV strain in sister relationship with other known EBOV strains. This suggests that the EBOV strain from Guinea has evolved in parallel with the strains from the Democratic Republic of Congo and Gabon from a recent ancestor and has not been introduced from the latter countries into Guinea. Potential reservoirs of EBOV, fruit bats of the species Hypsignathusmonstrosus, Epomopsfranqueti, & Myonycteristorquata, are present in large parts of West Africa.18 It is possible that EBOV has circulated undetected in this region for some time. The emergence of the virus in Guinea highlights the risk of EBOV outbreaks in the whole West African subregion.

I believe I posted that from the journal somewhere around here back in August.

Now the third U.S. Ebola lie: In a Matt Drudge-linked article entitled “The Federal Government’s Inconsistent Ebola Story”, we find that the U.S. government is telling two completely inconsistent stories regarding the circumstances surrounding delivery of MappPharmaceuticals’ magic ZMapp Ebola drug to Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol. Thus, we have:

According to the CDC, it was Samaritan’s Purse, the private humanitarian organization that employs Dr. Brantley, who reached out to them in an attempt to find an experimental Ebola drug. The CDC says it passed Samaritan’s Purse along to NIH, who referred them to contacts within Mapp.

“This experimental treatment was arranged privately by Samaritan’s Purse,” the CDC said. “Samaritan’s Purse contacted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), who referred them to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH was able to provide the organization with the appropriate contacts at the private company developing this treatment. The NIH was not involved with procuring, transporting, approving, or administering the experimental treatments.”

The New York Times first reported this version of events on Aug. 6, and the statement was posted on the CDC’s website a few days later,where it remains.

edit on 10/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Unlees i missed it, I didn't see anywhere in the article a mention of Dr. Brantley's blood type. If he is type O negative then that would make him a universal donor, compatible with any blood type.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Dr. Kent Brantly told ABC News today that his blood type is A+, while Duncan's family has said his blood type was B+, making them incompatible for a transfusion of whole blood or plasma. Blood transfusions from someone who successfully battled the virus are believed to possibly be beneficial to Ebola patients.

Source

So Brantly can only help A+ and AB+ blood types.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Druid42
Thank you. If you don't mind I have reposted this in my other thread more specifically related to blood.

new topics

top topics

join