It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Lots of People Have Ebola-Proof Blood?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Hmmm. Found a little more about this too. Sound like they think immune people generally don't infect others? But the could if the pass on fluids from someone else, I suppose?

And secondly their natural immunity may make them prime candidates for donating blood for transfusions to help treat victims.
Dr Steve Bellan and Dr Lauren Ancel Meyers of the University of Texas, have called on public health authorities conduct studies in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea - the three worst-affected nations.
That research would aim to determine how commonplace it is for people to be infected with Ebola without ever developing the symptoms, or spreading the disease.
Then, they say, it can be established whether those individuals will be protected from future infection.

[Source]

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Yeah, please don't test this theory!!!

Really interesting stuff I've never even heard of before. Definitely need to read up more on this as that's where we hail from and mu mom, son, and I def have odd autoimmune systems as well, with some of the same characteristics you descrive.

Look at this map here in relation to this. Central Africa seems to have more of it too? Maybe that, plus blood type, could well be a factor. Again, I wonder if they're keeping any kinds of records on this. If not they definitely should.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I keep finding info which incorrect, the american redcross page states on it's first diagram that group O can donate to anybody, it's the universal donor. This is wrong! O- is the universal donor. I'm o- and I can only recieve o- blood. o+ could potentially kill me.

edit on Sundayam191431Sun, 19 Oct 2014 02:06:05 -0500062014-10-19T02:06:05-05:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

Hmm that is a bit misleading. Underneat the chart on this page it says:

o The universal red cell donor has Type O negative blood type.
o The universal plasma donor has Type AB positive blood type.

Wonder if this is right...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Thanks to Druid42 from another thread...

originally posted by: Druid42

Dr. Kent Brantly told ABC News today that his blood type is A+, while Duncan's family has said his blood type was B+, making them incompatible for a transfusion of whole blood or plasma. Blood transfusions from someone who successfully battled the virus are believed to possibly be beneficial to Ebola patients.

Source

So Brantly can only help A+ and AB+ blood types.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Possibly coincides with the ten , up to fourteen percent, of people of European descent have immunity markers against AIDS, to as said even Ebola, due to exposure over time by the Black Plague. Areas in Africa, have groups of people that have immunities to Ebola, said to because of being exposed to Ebola in the environment over the years.

Immunity to ebola in people of European descent?

I didn't hear about that.

So the black plague may have been ebola?
Wonder how that got to Europe.

Yeah was just about to mention that. It has raised a few questions.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I hate to pop you guys' conspiracy bubbles, but he's not giving blood, he's giving plasma. Right away the rh factor goes out the window, as it won't come into play.

Next, plasma compatibility sort of works in reverse from blood charts. An AB plasma donor can give to anyone.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If there are people out there with Ebola proof blood, and as had been suggested, what if those people who do have antibodies against Ebola collectively decide not to donate any plasma for the purpose of saving other people. Would there be forced plasma donations? Would there be anger toward those people who choose not to donate? Would the people who do have the antibodies feel the need to hide their identities so that their not forced into being some kind of a lab rat where these resources are being mined.
I am one of those people who has an incredible capacity for recovery after being injured. Sometimes I can't even believe how fast my body heals itself from the varying injuries that I get on a pretty regular basis. I have no doubt that some people have a higher capability than others to recover from sickness and injury than other people do, as I have witnessed this in myself healing from injuries that I should not have been able to heal from.
I certainly would not like being forced into being some sort of lab rat who is obligated to being forced into donating what is in my body with the excuse being that it is for the greater good of saving possibly many other people.
There are numerous philosophical pros and cons that I could point out for both sides of this argument, but we are limited to the amount characters to put into one post and it would take an incredible amount of time to type them all out.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints
While some do believe, see links, that Ebola is at least closely related if not more, it's the genes to look more into about immunities from these types of viruses.

Here's a reply posted elsewhere: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Melanin?

Here's what one needs to looked at-
CCR5-delta 32

ologists at the University of Liverpool have discovered how the plagues of the Middle Ages have made around 10% of Europeans resistant to HIV.

Scientists have known for some time that these individuals carry a genetic mutation (known as CCR5-delta 32) that prevents the virus from entering the cells of the immune system but have been unable to account for the high levels of the gene in Scandinavia and relatively low levels in areas bordering the Mediterranean.Source

Are you IMMUNE to EBOLA or AIDS? You might be.
September 23rd, 2014

You could be … About 10% of white people are Immune to AIDS C-C chemokine receptor type 5, also known as CCR5 or CD195, is a protein on the surface of white blood cells that is involved in the immune system as it acts as a receptor for chemokines. This is the process by which T cells are attracted to specific tissue and organ targets. Many forms of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, initially use CCR5 to enter and infect host cells. A few individuals carry a mutation known as CCR5-Δ32 in the CCR5 gene, protecting them against these strains of HIV.

Source

Continued, the source claims scientists now believe that the Black Plague, may be the same as Ebola.

Link tot the Ebola-like virus in association to Ebola: see here

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
UPDATE: Guess who Spencer is getting a blood transfusion from?

New York Ebola Patient Craig Spencer Receives Blood From Writebol

Writebol being the second aid worker flown back from Africa to Emory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join