It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I think people will start to care once a kid gets this thing or a baby....

Then maybe people will start waking up...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

What is going on?

selfish.

had a feeling she was about to get major sick so she decides to jump a plane to cleveland to visit family and friends...

thats all i can think of....

im sure her wedding talk and visit to her friends at kent could have waited 3 weeks until she was in the clear.
she was selfish...bottom line

im still wondering how it is possible that the people that were in the apartment with duncan are not sick

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
I'm watching the presser right now taking place in Akron and apparently a family member of hers that lives in Tallmadge, Oh has voluntarily self quarantined himself as of yesterday (as soon as he heard she tested positive).

They also just stated that as of right now, he is the only confirmed person she had contact with and the lady speaking just straight up refused to release how he is related to her or who he is. Fiance, perhaps? And why is he being voluntarily self quarantined instead of forced quarantine? The nurse was self quarantined and jumped a plane.

He may have been listening to Doctor Talking Head Barbie and when she said "prolonged INTIMATE contact" he thought...well, I'm hosed.

Or at least that's what she said.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: whatnext21

I think people will start to care once a kid gets this thing or a baby....

Then maybe people will start waking up...

Funny you mentioned that. I was just thinking that once it effects someone of importance, be it a high level politician or a celebrity, things will change.

You're exactly right about kids and babies.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the cdc should have been all over her as well as everyone else that cared for duncan.

human history has showed us that people are stupid and can not be trusted.

the cdc knew she was exposed to ebola. the cdc kneww she could have been infected.
the cdc should have put her into a mandatory lock....

i keep thinking about andrew speaker. it was at least 10 years ago but he took a plane from somewhere to the states. he had a drug resistant form of TB. they scooped his ass up as soon as he got off the plane and put him into mandatory lock.

why are they not doing that with the people exposed to ebola

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The 2007 tuberculosis scare occurred when Atlanta personal-injury lawyer Andrew "Drew" Speaker flew from Atlanta, Georgia to Paris, France and on to Greece and then Italy before returning on a flight from Prague, Czech Republic to Montreal, Canada, where he crossed over the border and back into the United States while infected with multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believed at the time that Speaker was suffering from extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB). The incident sparked a debate in Congress on the failure of federal customs agents to stop him.... Upon Speaker's return to the United States, the CDC placed him under involuntary isolation (similar to quarantine) using a provision of the Public Health Service Act. With this action, Speaker became the first individual subjected to a CDC isolation order since 1963
---------------------------

so what gives?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm really starting to get tired of hearing " The CDC is working to identify people who may have been in close contact with the person infected. Why the heck aren't these people that are exposed staying home? Why can they just fly all over and possibly risk everyone they come into contact with?!! You would think they would learn their lesson the first time around!
This is so stinking irresponsible and just flat out stupid.
You would think they would like to get this contained ASAP. It just doesn't make sense to let these people loose.
Obviously this is aggravating for everyone & I'm starting to get really nervous about the whole thing. I live in Ohio & this is getting way too close to home.
None of this makes sense & to me I don't think the Government gives a rats ass. If they did this wouldn't be happening the way it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

i keep thinking about andrew speaker. it was at least 10 years ago but he took a plane from somewhere to the states. he had a drug resistant form of TB. they scooped his ass up as soon as he got off the plane and put him into mandatory lock.

Yep...Denver. It was in Denver as I recall.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Oh, I remember that.

But you have to consider that Ebola is just so darned hard to catch, right??

TB, on the other hand, is AIRBORNE...so just sayin'....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think she was listening to the CDC and others who state this is very hard to get and even though her colleague got it, surely she didn't expose herself the same way??

They made a mistake by trying prolong Thomas Duncan's life and thereby exposed unprepared, ill-informed people by down playing the risks. Why on earth would you put an ebola patient on life support, respirator or dialysis? This exposed more people every time they have to re-tube the patient for any one of those processes.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
She had a fever while flying. Apologies if I am slow to learn this and this has been posted.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

i get what youre saying but still. my point is they locked his ass down with the quickness.

if they did it to him they could have done it to this nurse. they can do it to anyone that is exposed...theyre just not.

i guess their right to travel the country trumps everyone elses right not to be near someone that might have ebola

i dont get why it took 70 people to care for duncan either....

im sure a dozen hospital would have been able to do the job just as well as 70. even with ebola there is only so much that can be done

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arduous
I'm really starting to get tired of hearing " The CDC is working to identify people who may have been in close contact with the person infected. Why the heck aren't these people that are exposed staying home? Why can they just fly all over and possibly risk everyone they come into contact with?!! You would think they would learn their lesson the first time around!

Because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's the rub, they can't force everyone to monitor themselves. People won't do it. The way the world works, people have to work to get monies to pay thier bills. They have places to go, things to do, vacations to go on, and people to see. Even if they've been in direct contact with the virus it won't stop them from living their lives as normal as possible until/if they get sick. And this is a major factor/problem.

The lady treated an Ebola patient...she knew what she was doing.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I know....and I am with you on this.

I was being facetious. Mostly because I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. Apologies if you thought I was disagreeing with you.

Good post!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Cardiff, which direction are you from Hopkins? They've confirmed that she was visiting/staying in Tallmadge and was never in Akron.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

I know....and I am with you on this.

I was being facetious. Mostly because I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. Apologies if you thought I was disagreeing with you.

Good post!

im pretty twisted myself. it just does not always come across in a written message

the general consensus now seems to be that she had a fever of 99.5 when she was traveling and should now have flown.

i think it should be clear now that people can not be trusted to monitor themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701

Cardiff, which direction are you from Hopkins? They've confirmed that she was visiting/staying in Tallmadge and was never in Akron.

about 25 miles west.
it does not make me feel better though. people get off planes and scatter. i know she was running a fever when she left to go back to dallas to the plane was leaving cleveland. still though, there had to be some people that were going to be flying back to cleveland from dallas that were on the plane with her

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Yeah I know they can't "force them" and maybe I'm jumping the gun saying this, but maybe it's time to force the ones that come into close contact with the infected, or the ones that care for them. That may seem a little harsh but if these people don't use a little bit of common sense and stay home then what other option is there? We can't really have them roaming the globe getting the others infected.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Arduous

they certainly can force them...theyre just not..

they forced andrew speaker into isolation with his TB.
they can do it to people exposed to ebola as well

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Supposedly the nurse that traveled to Cleveland was there to plan her wedding, so she had a fiancé, this means that intimate contact may have been between the two before she came back

This means that for sure is going to be another case of ebola in Cleveland.

I am still looking for information of the reasons and whereabouts of the Cleveland nurse.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join