It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

Yes, I watched on CNN this morning that the airline was contacting everyone who EVER flew on the plane after it was still in service, so we should start seeing these. I think one of the pilots who is under self observation flew on the plane after the original crew.

There are so many stories on the news sites now it is hard to find the videos of one's I have already watched.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: texasgirl

State of Emergency?

The situation must be getting close to 'out of control'.

I wouldn't want to be in Dallas!

Keep in mind, by doing a "State of Emergency", the local authorities now have legal access for money from the federal government to pay for everything (and receive other resources). So it's probably more driven by, well, thirst for more money.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
BUUULLLLLSSSSHHHHHH*TTTTT

Sorry for that, but it's necessary:

WTF YOU FOOL!?

Even if it is perfectly safe (which I have no reason to believe it isn't), why the f wouldn't they be smart enough to at least dress him up for PR purposes?????
edit on 16-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

State of Emergency?

After this interview from Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre, I bet they are scrambling to explain all the horror in this woman's interview with Matt Lauer. What happened was complete chaos, and no one was well protected caring for Duncan and still tape being used on necks during Pham's care.

www.today.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatcomesnext130

State of Emergency?

After this interview from Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre, I bet they are scrambling to explain all the horror in this woman's interview with Matt Lauer. What happened was complete chaos, and no one was well protected caring for Duncan and still tape being used on necks during Pham's care.

www.today.com...

No, they were discussing whether to move forward with disaster plans last night.

But I'm sure her interview didn't help matters any. I am terribly embarrassed and angry with all the incompetence happening!
edit on 16-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now we've hit an all-time high in fear. Some of the New York Giants players are AFRAID to play the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas. I know it's not funny, but that just took the cake. (Just mentioned by a talking head on CNN).
edit on 16-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

No, they were discussing whether to move forward with disaster plans last night.

But I'm sure her interview didn't help matters any. I am terribly embarrassed and angry with all the incompetence happening!

You have no reason to feel embarrassed...for all you know, the hospital administration is all from out of town.

Angry, yes. Embarrassed, no.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Turns out that protective gear wasn't even used for up to two days:

[url=http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/presbyterian-workers-wore-no-protective-gear-for-two-days-while-treating-ebola-patient.html]Source[/ur l]

Duncan was suspected of having Ebola when he was admitted to a hospital isolation unit Sept. 28, and he developed projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea later that day, according to medical records his family turned over to The Associated Press.

But workers at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas did not abandon their gowns and scrubs for hazmat suits until tests came back positive for Ebola about 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, according to details of the records released by AP.

So even more incompetency by this hospital and its staff is coming out.

Edit: Can't get Source link to work, just copy/paste. It keeps auto inserting a space the closing bracket.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I can't find anything about them not wanting to go, but I did find this:

Source

Which says none of them are worried.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I f this has been posted, I apologize, but it's in line with what you're posting. I have a teacher friend who told me yesterday that her 5th graders said "someone made this" (meaning ebola). I think the Houston and surrounding school districts would be well advised to do some school "training" on basic prevention such as use of hand sanitizer, dispose of kleenex properly, etc. Kids are not deaf, dumb and blind, and while "training" might be meaningless in the real world, it would at least give them some sense of control and help defuse the fear. Adults can be critically effen stupid. Or maybe terminally effen stupid is a more appropriate description.

Later.

3 Texas Schools Closed

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
News Alert from CNN: Nurse Nham is being moved to National Institute of Health Medical Center in Maryland.
edit on 16-10-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

That is really good news for her. It makes me happy for her and for the nurses and doctors still on duty at Texas Health Presbyterian. They need a break--a chance to disinfect, train, train some more, and rest.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Misunderstood. I would wager she is being moved to NIH to be a good test subject while she recuperates.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 16-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I can't find anything about them not wanting to go, but I did find this:

Source

Which says none of them are worried.

But of course, to the public, football players can't show any fear. They won't publicly admit it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Morning again, all. Gonna pack a twofer into this post.

First, in all the brouhaha about protocol breach, I haven't seen anything about decontamination being done in a negative pressure chamber. That's a kind of pricey item to find in a hospital but isn't it part o Level IV protocols?
Hear from hospital employees?

Two: Re preferences, don't you think that it's logical to look for a shut down lab in west Africa as the source. Here's a link on geographical distribution Wave-Like Spread of Ebola Zaire .

Just for giggles, here's a mindbender: Origins and Evolution of Ebola but I'm not sure I would agree with the authors' statement that the divergence was "several thousand years ago." Sounds more as though that particular engine was slowed waaaay down.

Look at the Ebola outbreak map, 1976 Ebola, 1976. Start at Ground 0. ( Nice interactive on that site, BTW)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

Watch some of the videos that have been put up recently by CNN. Interviewed nurses, both anonymously and otherwise, have said that everyone took their own suits off in a standard decon area. They then piled most of those items up in a storage closet..

Everyone seems intent that nurse Pham was very particular with covering herself completely, but it seems the lapse in judgement came in removing their own protective gear.

Edit: While not proven, it is best guessed that Ebola was first contracted by humans who were exposed to bat guano in caves. This tends to be the most widely accepted theory as bats are indeed a reservoir of Ebola and it shows up in their guano. The residents of the area would hunt for bats in the caves to eat. Cooked bats do not spread Ebola as the cooking process kills the virus, but the exposure to the bats droppings as well as blood during cleaning has been proven to spread Ebola to humans.

What if it is mother natures way of saying "Back the F off my stuff".

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

she had been told to STAY AT HOME AND SELF MONITOR after putting her in the group

That is not what I heard last night. I heard that the CDC told her it was ok to travel. Did the news change already from last night? Is the CDC director covering up his own "oops"?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't think that is correct.

1) She was told to self monitor, with quite a few others.

2) She took it upon herself to travel even with the request to self monitor.

3) She became I'll in Ohio.

4) She called the CDC and since her fever wasn't 100.4 or higher they told her she could travel home.

That is my understanding of what transpired from all the news interviews I have seen.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

The New Yorker has a pretty good rundown on how the whole thing went down and the CDC being evasive with their answers.
New Yorker

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join