It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: marg6043

At this point, I can't blame her at all. She only did what the CDC apparently told her was safe and given that they're the supposed experts, its really not her fault for believing them.

On the flip side, the CDC is looking frighteningly inept in this whole situation.

Nope she's not out of the woods nor off the hook yet. The CDC made a statement today, she had been told to STAY AT HOME AND SELF MONITOR after putting her in the group that was being monitored after treating Duncan. She decided to IGNORE that order from the CDC, and flit off in planes to plan her wedding with family and friends. I can't help but wonder how many places the wedding planners went...to eat, to look at as a venue...and so on....

Des

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

I just found this - released roughly eight hours ago. The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy just produced a study that said it is very possible that Ebola is airborne - due to the ebola virus infecting epithelial tissues that are all over in the body, including the respiratory and gastrointestinal systems..

This might be our answer as to why medical personnel in Africa and now here seem to be getting infected at far higher rates, you could explain it simply by saying they are around the virus more as well I guess... But something to consider at the very least, ebola is a heavier virus, and thus cannot transmit as far via aerosol droplets - or due to that exact same fact, the ebola virus cannot put an infection-worthy number of particles into droplets, and thus simply being around these droplets for longer ensures the virus can reach optimal levels in your body.

From the study they conducted, they are saying ebola can survive in the air for roughly 90 minutes. This obviously varies based off the humidity, temperature, etc etc...

I'm new to posting here, but I've been browsing this site for roughly six years and have always found the information intriguing... I wish to take part in the discussions.

I'd also like to note that because of this, the CIDRAP is advising W.H.O. and the C.D.C. to equip medical personnel with powered air-purifying respirators - claiming that the N95 respirators are NOT enough in certain environments.
edit on 15-10-2014 by OceanaZen because: Simply needed to add information to my post. THank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OceanaZen

No, not airborne. That is still droplet transmission...

Nowhere in that article did they say it was airborne.

We already know it's transmissible via aeresols within 3-6 feet if an infected person, possibly 10 feet according to the CDC and WHO.

That isn't any new information.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
On CNN just now, Sanja Gupta is reporting that Amber Vinson actually called someone at the CDC and told them she had a fever of 99.5 before she got on the plane. That CDC rep told her, "it shouldn't be a problem."

Unbelievable!

The CDC has also lowered there definition of a fever from 101.5°F to 100.4°F.

Gupta, went on to report that Nina Pham did not have a fever when she was admitted to the hospital. She had other symptoms, but not fever.

Lastly, Amber Vinson was transferred to Emory due to fears of staffing shortage, according to Dr. Gupta.
Texas Presbyterian is afraid it is facing a nursing staffing shortage, due to possible no shows/people walking off the job.

I don't understand why they are not moving every available resource, including the military nurses and infectious disease experts and teams in, to assist the staff and take over management from a group that just lied to the American people by saying that they had taken strict protocols in treating Mr. Duncan, rip.

M

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OceanaZen

Perhaps is airborne but no in the way we may think, the reason ebola has infected people in Dallas is due to incompetence not because is easily transmittable.

It is not actually, look at the family members of Duncan.

I blame the spread right in the Dallas area more for incompetence and human error.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A Delta flight in Tampa, sounds scary...
Loam's thread

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Begin Sarcasm, And please, lets all blame the nurses. End Sarcasm. Really?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

As far as the initial trip to Cleveland is concerned, that may be true. That being said, I'll wait to see if the CDC can keep their stories straight about that, too, before rendering judgement.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What about the animals people?!
Everyone is freaking out about human to human transmission, but we can track and eventually manage Ebola if that was the only thing at play here. The real hazard here is that a mouse or a bat here catches Ebola. You can not ask mice to self monitor, or cancel family meetings, regardless of protocol. Ebola could find an ideal host here and become indigenous. And, no one in the media seems to be asking about it.

M

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Perhaps this doesnt apply for this thread but as I read line after line all I see are comments about us. I think that yes it is here. We are all freaked, but this is nothing unless ground zero (africa) is contained. Perhaps this should be another thread but wtf is the world doing to stop this down there? 336 million Americans at risk and we send a few thousand troops to stop it! Perhaps this little diversion is what they want! Knowing americans are self absorbed we focus on ourselves and dismiss all else.

We should be asking these questions:

1. Why arent more troops, doctors, aide being sent to contain ground zero?
2. Why dont we lock down those nations and give them aide?
3. Why dont we subsidize those countries so their economic concerns are mute so we can get to riding this virus?

This is just a few. We gave 5 billion to hamas today and we cant give that same amount or ten fold to get this # handled so we dont have to deal with this in every city in America in the near future!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

And......... what do you think is going to happen to that money when it gets there?

Hmm?

I don't think it's going to help the poor people dying of Ebola.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: morefiber
What about the animals people?!
Everyone is freaking out about human to human transmission, but we can track and eventually manage Ebola if that was the only thing at play here. The real hazard here is that a mouse or a bat here catches Ebola. You can not ask mice to self monitor, or cancel family meetings, regardless of protocol. Ebola could find an ideal host here and become indigenous. And, no one in the media seems to be asking about it.

M

Now THAT is an excellent, and terrifying, point. How do we know this hasn't happened yet?

We don't. That's how scary it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Actually I posted in another thread a week or two ago, how much US tax dollars goes on aid to African countries specially those ravished by ebola.

But you know what, none of those billions of dollar goes to help the people, on health care or else, the money most of the time are used to support the dictatorships and totalitarian regimes so they can stay in power, the money goes on their security.

But our government still send billions of dollars to those countries anyway.

I wonder all time for what reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

And......... what do you think is going to happen to that money when it gets there?

Hmm?

I don't think it's going to help the poor people dying of Ebola.

Ok so what do you think it will be like in america or any where else when a million or more in africa are infected?

We can barely stop one patient zero, what happens when there are 10, 100, 1000?

Think about the big picture!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

In order for animals to get infected they have to be in contact with infected peoples fluid just like humans, animals that feed on the meat of infected bodies get infected also.

Unless the US starts to dump ebola death bodies in the streets that is not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I could not agree more, in that the U.S. and all other countries in the world need to send more resources to W. Africa now. In some ways, if Ebola does get established here, it will be our fault for allowing them to be so poor and underdeveloped. We learned nothing from AIDS, and I have been telling people that the main good from this is that people are finally realizing we have to eradicate or at least control the disease in Africa. Not here, but in real world.

Good night

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

He is right. Africa is of main concern in my book at the moment. If it is not contained in Africa (which at this point it looks like that will be impossible) we will all be screwed to the nth degree.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
www.foxnews.com...

It's breaking news on FOX but there wasn't a story yet when I saw it

If this African American nurse dies, the USA results will be 6 live / 2 die.
The two that die are African Americans.
Expect all hell to break loose if this occurs...
-cwm

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You don't seem to understand that every major city's sewer system is littered with rodents.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

He is right. Africa is of main concern in my book at the moment. If it is not contained in Africa (which at this point it looks like that will be impossible) we will all be screwed to the nth degree.

I don't disagree, but I just wouldn't trust their government to use it correctly.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join