It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

Yes I do, but unless hazardous materials from ebola infections are dumped in the streets the transmission to animals is still minimal.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
www.foxnews.com...

It's breaking news on FOX but there wasn't a story yet when I saw it

If this African American nurse dies, the USA results will be 6 live / 2 die.
The two that die are African Americans.
Expect all hell to break loose if this occurs...
-cwm

Oh lord please dont let Al Sharpton chime in this one!
Seriously perhaps there are subtle differences in physiology that effect morbidity?!?!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ebola in Africa will be treated with vaccines, but no until the makers of vaccines see a way to profit from a pandemic in more affluent countries like the US.

Right now along with the 3000 DOD personnel that was send to Liberia is also a trial vaccine for the use on those that will be candidates to it.

A vaccine for ebola is to be ready within 60 days.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Al Sharpton, hell it is turn now, because Jesse opportunistic Jackson is busy working on the law sue in behave of Duncan family.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They also said the possibility of a hospital worker getting it here was really low. Happened first time one showed up at a hospital. I am not buying all the happy talking heads' bs. We don't know enough about this to take chances.
Mice will eat blood and bodily fluids. Ebola has been shown to survive in blood and bodily fluids for days, right. So if the waste is not disposed of properly, it could easily transmit the virus to rodents or birds. Again, I would be asking what was the protocol, was it enough, was it followed in all ways, and what was the final disposition of any items that came into contact with Mr. Duncan while he was there.

M

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: OceanaZen

Perhaps is airborne but no in the way we may think, the reason ebola has infected people in Dallas is due to incompetence not because is easily transmittable.

It is not actually, look at the family members of Duncan.

I blame the spread right in the Dallas area more for incompetence and human error.

So you really believe the Duncan family is not infected despite no contact in days?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: morefiber

I agree, the spread of ebola from animals can become a possibility that is truth, I will no dismiss that, but let hope the morons in the country will not get so stupid and more sloppy that they already are within the CDC.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I said this earlier but you might have missed it. A vaccine in 2 months time would be useless. Ebola mutates too quickly to keep up with it. There are already two strands of ebola in circulation. One in west Africa and one in the Congo. In 60 days we will likely see 3 or 4 news strands (although not recorded because it will be total chaos in Africa).

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

We only have what it was reported yesterday by the Mayor of Dallas in fox news, when asked about the Dunca's family wellbeing, he said that they were no showing signs of infection.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

He is saying its impossible to control with our sewer systems and rodents. One ebola victim taking a dump in his apartment building would be enough to infect some rodents.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Is more than just a vaccine been worked at, right now US have 3 different vaccines, while Japan have 2, Russia is working on 3 more.

I am sure that is a combination of different types of ebola.

Let hope for the better.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Got it, I see now you concern, sorry if I missed that, now the way to explain the possibilities I will have to say that you are very much right.

Is worthy of a thread bringing the issue of rodent and animal infections.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I know I'm trying to stay positive but here are the facts. They are working on known strands. They can't tell what direction this thing may mutate into. Positivity in this situation is pretty low.

On the bright side colloidal silver seems to be a reassuring find. I got some just in case

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
www.foxnews.com...

It's breaking news on FOX but there wasn't a story yet when I saw it

If this African American nurse dies, the USA results will be 6 live / 2 die.
The two that die are African Americans.
Expect all hell to break loose if this occurs...
-cwm

Oh lord please dont let Al Sharpton chime in this one!
Seriously perhaps there are subtle differences in physiology that effect morbidity?!?!

According to this chronological listing of Ebola outbreaks, most have occurred in dark-skin African nations.

REF: en.wikipedia.org...

So, you might have a point, Sirlancealot. Ebola seems to "like" certain groups more due to a lack of immune system resistance to the virus...which makes it more deadly to this group???

After all, the World Health Organization stunningly predicts that despite declaring war against EBOLA, the disease will still ramp up to cause 10,000 (!WTF!) new cases per week in Africa until it starts to die down. This indicates to me that Ebola must spread extremely easily in West Africa, despite world efforts to contain it. That entire region will need to be quarantined soon.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

We only have what it was reported yesterday by the Mayor of Dallas in fox news, when asked about the Dunca's family wellbeing, he said that they were no showing signs of infection.

i really hope that's true but if 2 hospital workers got it i find it really odd that someone trapped in an apartment with him for days and then stuck there with dirty sheets, etc..... is fine? it's possible the mayor doesn't know anything and he's assuming that no news is good news.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

A "sort of" update on the family.

Ebola Patient’s Family Struggles With Isolation Amid Fear

Says their isolation ends October 19. Sunday.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I think people don't realize how bad these medical workers were...

Maybe it wasn't totally their fault, but that hospital is to blame.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The media has been in constant contact with his isolated friends/family.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The media has been in constant contact with his isolated friends/family.

Please provide some of these *current* media contact links. CURRENT please.

Des

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

There's one linked 2 posts up...you can google it too.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join