It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
I am addressing the religious posters here.

Why keep posting/pushing on a conspiracy site? You MUST see the irony here. The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

Respectfully,

Jude11

Jude you cant be serious. 90% of the posts and threads about religion are about religion being a conspiracy not from "door knockers" trying to preach.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I am addressing the religious posters here.

Why keep posting/pushing on a conspiracy site? You MUST see the irony here. The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

Respectfully,

Jude11

Jude you cant be serious. 90% of the posts and threads about religion are about religion being a conspiracy not from "door knockers" trying to preach.

Certain people hear a few particular words that ring a bell and then their bias shuts down "Emergency REligion two o'clock!" -- and then the old tormenting rumble is reborn and the thread is ruined once again....
edit on 12-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: last clause

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Unfortunately most people on this planet are religious for one reason or another. Usually due to their parents indoctrinating them into their regional majority religion since birth. As a result you're going to see a LOT of religious stuff on conspiracy theory sites. Much as you would anywhere else you go in life. It just comes with the territory of living on planet Earth.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am sure it's already been said, but always bears repeating:

Is it not arguable that Religion is the grandest conspiracy of them all? Not even $$$ can lay claim to having fostered such hatred, changed so many borders, caused so many wars, taken so many lives and indoctrinated so many people.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well, when I originally started posting here, there were more people who could remain open-minded enough about the topic that it could be discussed on a thread without so many hostile posters jumping in and complaining that we were shoving religion down their throats ... you know, even though they have to actually click and read the thread for that happen.

You can't find so many places on the net where that happens across disciplines anymore and now this place seems to be deteriorating, too, sadly enough.

I don't care if you believe or not. I don't even so much care what you believe if you believe. I only care that you keep a civil tongue in your head and respect others when discussing the subject.

Oh, and I'm not out to convert anyone. You'll either come around to faith or you won't. By now, you've seen the message, and it will work or it won't. But you should acknowledge at the very least that it is kind of hard to have a discussion based in religion, and the various conspiracies and prophecies that go with it without discussing its underpinnings the beliefs that go with it. I do sort of wish we have some Hindi posters around ...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Humanity will never be free until the moment is off from the tentacles of religion (any religion). Throughout history religions have caused the bloodiest of wars, the ruin of civilizations, the biggest oppressions of free thinking and free will, the massacre of knowledge...(the list can go on for miles) all in the name of some imaginary deities and what they dictated in writing to illiterate prophets and disciples. All religions are the cancer in humanity's body. Until removed, we all are cancerous.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Common, you know how it works, Religion like Politics and sex are topics people can not get enough of it.

Beside the ones that take the opportunity of big popular boards to spread their version of believes and the wannabe that take any change as long as is enough people listening.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Pretty sure that if I responded to an ebola post for example, with a quote by Krishna from the Bhagavad Gita it would be considered "off topic".

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Because they are so convinced that their way - whatever it is - is the only way and they believe they have the divine right to own everything and be everywhere.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've always wondered if the motivation for much of the scripture posted, especially concerning 'end times' along with the obsession to convert and 'save', is orchestrated by tptb to advertise and promote the script in their playbook (bible) so we unwittingly participate in the manifestation of their desired outcome (world domination) out of blind belief.

Or, another way of looking at is we lose our resolve and simply give up because 'it was prophesized' (scripted).

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The truth is simply this, there can only be one true reality, most critical deep thinkers understand this.
There is not the hundreds of beliefs that our personal perceptions of realities hold within our thought patterns being true, as we all know that is impossible.
Let's take the example of what happens at death.
For example an airplane carrying 500 people crashes, all on board are killed, for the purpose of this hyperbole, every single person on board has a different belief structure, dozens of different Christian faiths, Pagans, Wiccans, Muslims, Atheists, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, Hindus, Satanists, really good people, really bad people, and the list goes on and on. At death every one of them goes to exactly the same place, not where they perceive they go, or hope to go. In this probably atheists might agree with me. They go back to the ground, and eventually turn to dust, their soul is dead. They simply don't exist anymore in any way.

BUT, there is a critical truth beyond this on this topic I won't go into on this thread, to take it off topic.

My point is people come to ATS because they are more opened minded than many others, and really we all search for truths. For myself I have learned a lot since coming to ATS. And I post on religious topics because I can only show my fellow ATS's the door, they will have to walk through it on their own.

And eventually we all ask either sarcastically or sincerely the same question Pontius Pilate asked, "Quid est veritas" ?
Google Translate

edit on 12-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I only care that you keep a civil tongue in your head and respect others when discussing the subject.

I keep a civil tongue but I have no automatic respect for a person or their beliefs, I have respect for their right to hold their beliefs however ridiculous I may (or not) think they are.
I consider Bible quotes in non-religious topics as annoying and a bit silly though so I dismiss and ignore them as the words of folk who cannot think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I personally am not so annoyed by people posting religious things on forums like this. But I am annoyed by people IRL who can't let your business be your business. Fine if they're just curious, but if they are judgmental or are trying to change you then that gets on my nerves. Presenting their religion to you and trying to make you join, fine. But becoming annoyed if you don't do what they think you should do, or not minding their own business, that gets on my nerves and makes me feel like I want to reject their religion for that reason alone. I also hate when people treat you totally differently if you say you have a certain religion than if you say you don't have it, or have another one.
edit on 451031Sun, 12 Oct 2014 10:45:23 -0500201423pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-12T10:45:23-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I am sure it's already been said, but always bears repeating:

Is it not arguable that Religion is the grandest conspiracy of them all? Not even $$$ can lay claim to having fostered such hatred, changed so many borders, caused so many wars, taken so many lives and indoctrinated so many people.

Mankind just fills the vacuum. Look at all the years on earth that kings and rulers believed they were representations of whatever....Ra, Son of Heaven, Murdoch, God Incarnate...Egypt, Greece, Rome... ect. We don't have this on nearly that scale nowadays and the party just keeps on rolling.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
I also hate when people treat you totally differently if you say you have a certain religion than if you say you don't have it, or have another one.

Is that not the very nature of faith based religion?
I don't 'believe' in anything that lacks testable evidence (ghosts/goblins/gods) but I keep an open mind and remain chilled with folk who do...just keep it out of non-religious threads if the only 'evidence' someone has is quotes from a multiple translated old book by unverifiable authors. I agree with the OP.
edit on 11Sun, 12 Oct 2014 11:33:14 -0500am33102014f14am10 by grainofsand because: Typo: unverifyable corrected to unverifiable

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The OP has a big ol giant gaping problem with his/her premise. Actual "proselytizing" threads are very few and far between. Most threads started that have to do with Christianity, for example, are debunking threads and so are naturally going to include scripture pro or con toward the point offered. Many of the best antagonists on ATS quote scripture as well as the defenders. Even the antagonists are proselytizing for their own position.

I suspect that the OP would just assume rid all threads, posts of a religious nature. OP may simply have a real problem with defenders.

At any rate try to see the absolute arrogance and absurdity of his/her position. Indeed! Just remove the whole thing from the table as one would any pariah. Just clear the table and we can all live in peace! Get on with the getting on of the thing! Its been done before. Nazis, communists ect and at a public institution near you.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
Well I certainly support access to an international platform for all beliefs because it helps us all understand what different folk in the world think, and why they do. But, it has to be said that some religious faith based replies in non-religious topics are easily seen to be inappropriate and open to ridicule...and a bit annoying sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

I beg to differ. It was the unchecked and overwhelming amount of hate and ridicule aimed at Christians here and everywhere else on the internet that converted me.

I guess for some of us, the only way to build real faith in God is to meet the devil first. So by all means, keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Really?

You think they want to convert others, well yes they do. there is a reason they need more to stand by them.

Why here?

Because they lack faith themselves.

A true believer of any religious ideology would be out there in the real world doing deeds to further their enlightenment and wouldn't be faceless y debating their beliefs on the internet.

If you are truly believers in your doctrine you must know that the more you push, the more you create an opposite and equal reaction. We push back.

Yes a true believer would certainly know such.

Those posting about Jesus said this or that are looking for posters with a more solid faith that can help their crumbling faith or help their internal conflict by assisting to forget the questions they might have about their own beliefs.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hurdygurdy
a reply to: ketsuko

Pretty sure that if I responded to an ebola post for example, with a quote by Krishna from the Bhagavad Gita it would be considered "off topic".

Interesting. I don't think I've done that unless religion was already involved in the topic by someone else.

I've actually only started one thread on Ebola, and it was after hearing about the Dallas deputy who thought he had it.

Most of what I've been doing on Ebola threads is trying to put out panic fires.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join