It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Because this is the internet - free to use anonymously to anyone with access to it. If you have a problem with that you need to start talking to your local state representatives about changing the foundation of the net and how it works in the West - which is a form of digital freedom (no matter if it is unbridled and uncontrolled and bat s*it crazy).

I am more and more venomous the older I get towards religion, but I don't worry too much about it, because, at the end of the day, there is so much emotion/information on the net that it all bows down in silence because it's difficult to tell what matters and what doesn't - essentially all becoming noise in a big dirty overly used sandbox.

That's an opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I love how they post interesying titles and it just devolves into how one can be saved if they believe in Jesus, or how America can be saved if it becomes full Christian.

Reminds me of the movie Pom Poko when some of the raccoon dogs decide to form a religious dancing cult instead of actually do something to save their forest. That's all i see religious hucksters doing

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The point I had hoped to make is there are other than dim nitwits who have a belief in a god.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Very interesting.

Still I have to ask, if humanity went to another planet and terraformed it into a place full of life we chose and brought there arranged it so that it was perfect for beings we then created in a lab...would we be gods to them...in other words the definition of a God certainly comes into play. Even more so if we created a program with autonomous beings who ran by our incorporated laws.

To answer a question of what if "Deity just turned out to be a name for an alien" then it is simply a case of mistaken identity like a man being mistaken for a son of a deity.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
any thing at all can be about consiracys.
are you going to ban any thing but what you like?

I like the post a funny pick III
it gives us all a laugth.

mental posts
magic, stories thire is a endless list.
it is Not just consiracys.

It is Freedom of ALL infomation...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yawn! Another "I hate Christians but I'm pretending to be tolerant" thread.

second line
edit on 12-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I have long observed that the real agenda of most proselytizers is not to convert but to condemn. Their belief system allows them to see themselves as righteous and you as...well...you know. It's true that they're told to proselytize and that's the justification for doing so but I don't think, in most cases, that that's the deep motive for doing so. It takes very little for them to move from spreading "the word" to threatening you when you don't buy into it.

I never engage in dueling scriptures with them because that simply grants authority to the Bible. I don't buy into the argument that they're nice people simply trying to "save" us. I know many of them and they're definitely not nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

second line

I'm not pretending to be tolerant.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

second line

I know, lol, another day, the same ole argument

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Atheist only means that we do not accept your claims that gods exist. That is all it means. Any other claim is not atheism.

If you want to make the claim thats gods do exist, or that there is something "more" to the universe, then you will have to show the corroborating evidence that supports your claim. Without the evidence there is no reason to come to that conclusion.

We know enough about physics to exclude any claim without supporting evidence.

When the atheist says, “We should only believe that which can be scientifically proven”, they aren’t aware that the truth claim that has just left their lips is one that cannot be scientifically proven (it is a philosophical proposition). This means their position is a non-starter right out of the blocks.

www.blogos.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I also dont pretend to be tolerant. I see religious indoctrination as child abuse on a global scale. What else would you have our children believe without evidence?

When you confuse kids with an idea like faith, you take away their curiousity and negate the need for deductive reasoning. It is unreasonable to believe in gods without evidence. If you can make them believe in gods with no evidence then how can they possibly be expected to understand how the world actually works? Besides, if you make them believe something at the threat of eternal damnation, What choice do you give them? What good does reasoning do if one of the claim cant be proven except by grandma's word. Why do you think most people who get higher educations become less interested in religions? They realise the two worlds are incompatible with each other.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Very interesting.

Still I have to ask, if humanity went to another planet and terraformed it into a place full of life we chose and brought there arranged it so that it was perfect for beings we then created in a lab...would we be gods to them...in other words the definition of a God certainly comes into play. Even more so if we created a program with autonomous beings who ran by our incorporated laws.

To answer a question of what if "Deity just turned out to be a name for an alien" then it is simply a case of mistaken identity like a man being mistaken for a son of a deity.

If man did that then we would not be gods we would still be man. There are cargo cults here on earth that worship the cargo planes that used to drop supplies and to them they are gods. Just because they are worshiped as gods does not make them gods. I am sure one day scientists will recreate life in a lab but that will not make them gods.

The idea that the stories found in religions of deities are actually of aliens is an amusing thought experiment but that is where it stops. Atheists don't believe in deities you know the supernatural kind. A-alienist as a word hasn't really caught on and I don't really see it as a good comparison in religions.

Religions are about the supernatural I don't really see that mixing with UFO ology but I know some people try to mix it.

Either case requires a burden of proof. Evidence needs to be shown to give credibility to them.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have no problem with them posting things, besides there is a forum for that. There free to post there believes, ideologies, and religions, and I am free to make fun of them all if I am so inclined. I see no problem with them posting on this site, there have been nuttier people posting all kinds of things.

The only thing I would see that as a movement they do get pretty intrusive, and on a mass level it gets pretty ridiculous especially when they get a hold of a nation or peoples, but that is why we have a separation of church and state, or at least technically, as there are plenty of Christians trying to change things into there favor in politics and various states throughout, or lets not forget other places like the middle east, but hey there are also all kinds of other groups doing the exact same.

In all, I would say all religions have been responsible for some of the atrocities across the world, and also some of the good. It is to be expected like anything else. However if I wanted to hear the word of god, I would ask god when and if I see it in whatever happens after you die, till then its all just like everything else, just another group of people with peculiar believes and ideologies, and some bizarre theories on things.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Atheist only means that we do not accept your claims that gods exist. That is all it means. Any other claim is not atheism.

If you want to make the claim thats gods do exist, or that there is something "more" to the universe, then you will have to show the corroborating evidence that supports your claim. Without the evidence there is no reason to come to that conclusion.

We know enough about physics to exclude any claim without supporting evidence.

When the atheist says, “We should only believe that which can be scientifically proven”, they aren’t aware that the truth claim that has just left their lips is one that cannot be scientifically proven (it is a philosophical proposition). This means their position is a non-starter right out of the blocks.

www.blogos.org...

What else do you believe that cannot be scientifically proven?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

second line

Yawn!

Another one line post with nothing of value to add.

And of course the obligatory..."second line"

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18527067]Char-Lee

When the atheist says, “We should only believe that which can be scientifically proven”, they aren’t aware that the truth claim that has just left their lips is one that cannot be scientifically proven (it is a philosophical proposition). This means their position is a non-starter right out of the blocks

Again, this is not the position of "atheists" this is the default position of science as a whole. It's the function of all science to provide insight into the workings of the world. No field of study can progress without the proper application of the scientific method. Which requires solid and testable evidence. How can you possibly try to get around this fact?

How can you justify belief without proof?

It's not like im standing in a room full of gods and claiming there are no gods. There are no gods around to see. There is no reason to believe anything other than natural causes for anything. All the things that used to be attributed to gods have been shown to have natural causes.

So the god of the gaps has been on the run, hiding under stones, only to jump under the next one when his hiding spot gets flipped over? Thats pretty unreasonable.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Since you like "what if" scenarios regarding aliens and religion I have one for you.

What if one day aliens do come to earth and when the question is proposed to them have they influenced our progress in the past they answer.

No and then go on to say they kept their distance from us for thousands of years because our religious fever.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
well i'll start my reply with !!GOD IS NOT DEAD!!

I will now move on to the "because the constitution allows the right to freely express ones views, be they your views or the views of religious folk sharing their faith.

And close it with, this is a forum about religion and conspiracies within religion on a conspiracy site. It is really simple, if you do not like the message do not respond. Do not even bother to read it. Just move along . Simple.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

and just to piss you off, Jesus loves you now and forever and I always open to forgive.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Clearly cargo cults do not meet the criteria of created life form worshiping the creator.

Religions are about the supernatural I don't really see that mixing with UFO ology but I know some people try to mix it.

I don't see god as supernatural at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
well i'll start my reply with !!GOD IS NOT DEAD!!

I will now move on to the "because the constitution allows the right to freely express ones views, be they your views or the views of religious folk sharing their faith.

And close it with, this is a forum about religion and conspiracies within religion on a conspiracy site. It is really simple, if you do not like the message do not respond. Do not even bother to read it. Just move along . Simple.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

and just to piss you off, Jesus loves you now and forever and I always open to forgive.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you just got done watching that dumb movie. No one is claiming that god is dead. We are saying god was never real. If you would like to claim otherwise, you will have to submit some proof besides how big you can make some Letters!.

Also i like how you basically said that you have the right to post anything and then strictly forbid anyone to comment on your own post. : ) that is so adorable.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join