It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

IRONY

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: jude11

i don't often quote the bible, but when i do i quote:

Ezekiel 23:11-21New International Version (NIV)
11 “Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister. 12 She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men. 13 I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way.

14 “But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans[a] portrayed in red, 15 with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea. 16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea.17 Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust. 18 When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her naked body, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister. 19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. 21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.[c]

or maybe this one:

Jeremiah 10:1-10King James Version (KJV)

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

6 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

7 Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

8 But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

9 Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men.

10 But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Thank you for validating my thread.

Nice wall. Any original thought?

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: jude11

a reply to: NoRegretsEver

If they are to be used as the word of god, shouldnt god be proven real first?

THen shouldnt all the conspiracy theories be in the grey area since they are yet to be proven? Hence it would be conspiracy FACT ...?

ooohhh...

SLAM!!!!

I agree but my point is not to use ATS as a pulpit but rather a discussion platform.

Peace

I find that there are just as many people that use ATS to proselytize their "new age" theories as I do the traditional religions.

What's the difference between a bible thumper and someone that babels-on about conciseness? Not much.

They believe with absolutely no proof.

I may disagree with them, but I welcome their input.

Thats actually a valid point, I suppose anything could be considered someones religion depending what kind of belief they put behind it, and time

It's an uncomfortable truth that we must address. Some of us believe in things that are just as unreasonable and un-provable as any religion that's out there. What's the difference between an experience attributed to Jesus/god or ufo abductions...or maybe the universal conciseness?

Nothing really.

It's only a matter of applying our own world view to those experiences. Some say religion, others say it's something else.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

If your goal is to seek converts ( which it is) this is not the way to go about it.

Do you have an example of this sort of thing going on here?
Source please?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: signalfire

Religious people have a lot of 'splainin to do, and a lot of horrors to answer for. In short, you think you're being fine upstanding citizens, whilst you advocate for a deeply flawed and dangerous thought process that frequently descends into violent madness.

My MY thats a large brush youre painting with there sir, where did you buy such a megalithic painting instrument!

When people speakin such broad terms about those who might be religious, it really makes them no more tolerant then those they advocate against....

As SHEEPSLAYER but it so eloquently earlier in the thread, Many things can be viewed as a religion, and many people use those ideas to brow beat others.....

I tried to keep this open for Discussion rather than hating but I guess I failed?

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

If your goal is to seek converts ( which it is) this is not the way to go about it.

Do you have an example of this sort of thing going on here?
Source please?

Pick one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I can assure you: These people have not found peace...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I tried to keep this open for Discussion rather than hating but I guess I failed?

Peace

Dont feel bad man, some people have strong convictions on both sides, its the way it is....

THats why I love ATS for the most part we can still disagree and have civil discussion!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well, I fail to see you seriously confronting your objections
with a thread. So.....

Hey jude stay out of those forums......Pal!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

How do those of us that have found peace without a belief of ANY kind fit in to the equation?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is a non-discriminatory site isn't it ? You're allowed your perception of truth, we're allowed ours, you're allowed to convince of us your beliefs and we're allowed to do the same, right ? Either we're all welcome, or none of us are. That's how this works, isn't it ?

After-all there are several forums on this site catering to Christian and Theology, so we're certainly welcome here. Perhaps you would like to make a compromise. You can keep your opinion to yourself, and we will also do the same. But then what would be the point in this site ?

The Bible is apart of the Christians personality, so as a human you must accept our personality, and we must accept yours. Unless you're willfully discriminating; In which case you're a hypocrite and are breaking your own morals. Or perhaps you lack humane morals ?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I find that there are just as many people that use ATS to proselytize their "new age" theories as I do the traditional religions.
What's the difference between a bible thumper and someone that babels-on about conciseness? Not much.

I think the big difference is 2000 years of moving across the earth like an army, willing to threaten people with all manner of horrors now, and in the afterlife. As well as a willingness to use violence if that's what it takes to convert the heathens.
My point being, there is a long history here. It was, and still is accepted and expected that everyone believes in the xtian god in western society. Now we have more and more people rebelling against it, and it isn't going over so well.
Besides, when was the last time a bigfoot or ufo believer knocked on your front door, and tried to convert you, SS?

edit on 10/11/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The religious forum is filled with people who can look beyond the words and sometimes give information that normally is not preached by the religious priests.

Is that not a conspiracy in itself that the priests are not spreading the message but in fact a false idol of what the teachers told if that is true.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is one eloquent post Jude. It speaks to the crux of the question and makes the point in what many might consider to be a fine Christian manner. Thank you

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

You make a good point that I cannot refute. Touche Klass.

All I can say is that I believe there is very little difference in the actual mindset/psychological health of either group.

Why should we allow one group of nutbags and not the other?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

a reply to: NoRegretsEver

If they are to be used as the word of god, shouldnt god be proven real first?

THen shouldnt all the conspiracy theories be in the grey area since they are yet to be proven? Hence it would be conspiracy FACT ...?

ooohhh...

SLAM!!!!

I agree but my point is not to use ATS as a pulpit but rather a discussion platform.

Peace

I agree with you to a point. It's the concept of blind faith that annoys me. I don't mind having all belief systems included here, but please don't try to push it on everyone, with what is basically a bunch of nonsensical verse. I understand that these myths and legends can be comforting and inspiring to certain individuals. Just don't try to tell people on a forum that seeks truth and disclosure, to just believe blindly about anyone one of the multitude of systems out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

You make a good point that I cannot refute. Touche Klass.

All I can say is that I believe there is very little difference in the actual mindset/psychological health of either group.

I agree. I have no wish to rid ATS of xtians, or limit where they can post. I welcome all perspectives, because I only limit myself when I limit the views I am willing to consider.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I would imagine that an innate understanding, and acceptance, of "life on life's terms" would do the trick.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would like to ask SS, what mindset it is that makes a group, not
a group, of nutbags? Surely you know of one or maybe two or more?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: adomol

Blind faith is annoying....yet inspiring at the same time. I envy those I know that have blind faith because it requires that they give something of themselves that I am unwilling to give.

At the same time, I find that religion is no different than other beliefs and I am no more willing to discount one over the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join