It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: first case of Ebola in Chihuahua

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Translated by google chrome:

It seems that what Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, CEO of Epidemiology, Federal Health Ministry, considered to be "extremely remote possibility" has come to Mexico. This morning was the first reported case of Ebola accurate   in the State of Chihuahua; the victim, a 43-year-old who enters the same country, from Dallas, Texas, the county in which just yesterday the presence of this deadly virus was confirmed.

source

Anyone else have further verification?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Possibly a rumor?

Falso rumor de ebola

Falsa la noticia

Sorry I can't find English sources.

High alert it appears.

After a case of Ebola was confirmed in Texas, its Mexican border state, Chihuahua is in a state of high alert. The governor, César Duarte Jáquez, said that the health sector in the state is prepared, but denied any existing risk at the moment in Chihuahua or for the rest of Mexico. Dallas is located eight hours from the border town of Juarez, which is in the same state.

Mexico Daily Link
edit on 7-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Looks like they are playing fast and loose with the truth coming out of Dallas.
The CDC and the hospital officials played this like a bunch of rank armatures; now they are in damage control mode....

This is not good!

edit on 7-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Found this:

Text Chihuahua, Chih.-  After through social networks transcend over the weekend confirming a case of Ebola in Chihuahua, the state Health Department denied these rumors and said that it had recorded no cases or suspects the entity. In this sense, Dr. Basilio Barrios, head of the Ministry of Health in Chihuahua, said the information learned this weekend is completely false and have stressed that surveillance across the border with Texas as both New Mexico, to prevent the virus from entering the country. added that not even have suspected cases in Chihuahua, since for this, you should have a case with the symptoms produced by this virus, besides the patient should visiting any of the 5 countries where the pandemic has Ebola. 

Denies Health Department, suspected case of Ebola in Chihuahua

Again, this is a google chrome translation.

Sounds like CYA to me, but it may have been a false report.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I do think that if i am one of the contacts of anyone that has this i will be huffing lysol and taking azo's

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I have to admit, when I read the title I thought it was talking about a dog. I had to reread the whole thing when I finally figured out it was talking about a town.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Good thing our borders are secure.

Oh wait. I forgot. Dems need votes.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Looks like turnabout=fair play 'cuz Americans have been accusing Mexican immigrants of importing disease into the US. Kinda funny when you think about it.

or not.

edit on 7/10/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

I have to admit, when I read the title I thought it was talking about a dog. I had to reread the whole thing when I finally figured out it was talking about a town.

Haha.....Yeah I hate to admit it, but I made the same mistake!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
First post here. Long time lurker however. Found ATS while following Fukushima when it first happened. I've always used it as one of the more credible sources of info. I'm calling fake on the link. Primerimpacto is a Univision network news program and a credible source, however primerlmpacto.net with a lowercase L is most likely a fake site to collect ad revenue or cause panic.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: robchaos

I believe you may be correct. First star.

This is the source's site:

primerImpacto.net

This is Univision's Primer Impacto's page:

Univision's Primer Impacto

Really good catch!

From the fake site:

Legal Page

Loose English translation (an online translation):

"Portal "primerlmpacto.net" is a satirical newspaper whose sole purpose is entertainment. All of its contents are fictional and do not correspond with reality. All the references, names, brands or institutions appearing on the website are used as contextual elements, as in any novel or fictional story.

Where items from this site or any content offends or somehow affect a person or organization specific, we are all willing to remove it from the site.

The use of names, trademarks, or real institutions, are used only for the purpose of creating a parody of the reality. If any item on this website affects your intellectual property rights, or think that we are using your work, logo, name or trademark without permission, by means of this legal notice stress that it is only with the effect parody.

The parody is regulated in the law on intellectual property, which was created on April 12, 1996 and that the letter says:

Summary: The law of intellectual property, on April 12, 1996, grants exclusive exploitation rights to the authors of original and creative works, being these rights of reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation. Cannot run any of these rights, without the authorization of the author, except in the cases provided for in the law of intellectual property, being the parody, one of those exceptions to the exclusive right, in this case, transformation of the work.

However, if knowing that this is merely a satirical newspaper and articles are parodies, are open to the dialogue to modify, update, or remove any content that could affect your interests."

If anybody wants confirmation on the translator, I will inform you of the exact site I used. I'm not certain if I can link it.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Damn, I got onioned in spanish.

Apologies, all.

Edit to add, this is why I brought this to ATS.

I am at work and cannot spend the time digging as deeply as I would like and figured you guys would be able to confirm or deny.

To the Hoax bin (with much relief)
edit on 7-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say

I also alerted the mods to trash this thread.
edit on 7-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No worries it happens to everybody

They're good writers lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Good thing our borders are secure.

Oh wait. I forgot. Dems need votes.

And republican corporate fat cats need cheap labor.

new topics

top topics

join