It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hat man thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

I know that. It is the same thing as mothman, absolutely. It can also make itself look like deceased people (or even people who are still alive)...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I always wondered if i saw a hatman or if it was a dream.
In the 80's i was asleep and i think i briefly woke up to see a very dark figure in a trenchcoat with a fedora hat on stood next to my bed towering over me.
There was no face just blackness and he oozed the feeling of disappointment towards me.
I don't know whether i was lucid dreaming or it actually happened as it fits the description of the hatman to a T.
And it was a time before i had ever heard of such thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

First: Just because a lot of people have seen something doesn't make it real. This is a premise. Do you agree?
If you do not agree with me on this, then in principle you have to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny as well. Lots of children believe that they have seen Santa Claus, so he must be real.

Second: I apologize that I might come of as rude, but I still think it is silly that fallen angels wear hats.
If fallen angels exists and do have ranks, why NOT use a hat? I get it. They could also be wearing wellington boots, why not? If angels exists I believe that they are totally different from us and therefore don't wear human clothes.

I am not saying that those who claim to have seen a 'hat man' are lying.
They probably have seen 'him', but it's just a figure of their imagination (in my opinion).

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CorvusCorax

They come in many forms. Sometimes they choose ones that are most frightening to the particular person. Other times they deceive and make you think they're good.

To me ghosts and the like are all deceitful spirits but that's just mo.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You might be right. I don't have the answer.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't think anybody has the answers to be honest. I base my opinions on personal experience and the observations of others who've experienced the same.

Even then we're grasping at straws, we don't understand them at this point

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Some topics to consider:

- We're not talking about children here, but people of all ages have seen it/him.

- In some cases, there was more than one person present and all of them described seeing the same thing.

- The fallen angels may appear in any form they want to, basically.

- I've also always thought "why in the world did it have a hat?!" - but it just did...

- Hats are connected with Saturn in the occult, so it would obviously be a mark for them.

- The intention of a fallen angel is to deceive people: to make people think it's just a regular ghost of some sort would be a good way to start doing that.

- There are various descriptions of angels in the Bible that don't match the idea most people have of angels.

- Sometimes, however, they are described as taking on a human or human like form. In that case, of course they wouldn't show themselves naked, so yes, they would wear clothes...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

They're totally deceitful. The ones I encountered were always evil and out to harvest angst and empower physical sickness.

The very fact it ran towards me and knocked into me confuses me. I cannot figure that out one bit. Has anyone ever had a "shadow person" run at them then bump into them, continuing to run past you? Thing knocked me far.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I had one standing in the same place I was. It was a very weird sensation. I forgot to include that one, so I saw it at least 5 times. Me and another girl (we were around 12 or 13 at the time) were talking about the time when we both saw one of them and one of them decided to show up. They know when we speak about them: this is another reason that makes me think they're fallen angels. It/he occupied the same place I was in, I saw him in my mind (it's difficult to explain, I had a vision of it laughing at us) and, looking at myself, I seemed, for a matter of 1 or 2 seconds, to be dressed in his black coat. The other girl confirmed she saw it, standing where I was, laughing at us. She didn't even have to say a word, as I saw her stare at "me", frightened. I totally hated that!

edit on 8-10-2014 by Emma3 because: add information

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

I think they might be ETs, and they wear hats because it disguises their head shape and shadows their face. So what do you think is around if you smell mildew?

It's also possible that evil ghosts can physically affect one personally. I've read ghost studies where "haunted restaurants" have an abnormally high incidence of dropped/broken plates and dishes by the wait staff.

I think evil entities of all stripes are psychopaths, so they don't necessarily have a goal or plan. They just like to feed off others' fear, panic and hysteria.

I also wonder if these Men in Hats could be related to the Men In Black? And although 'Slendar Man' (wearing a black suit with a faceless head) was a created-hoax, there may be an archetype there buried deep in the subconscious, for so many people to be strangely drawn to a tall thin male form with long, tentacle-like fingers and no face, who strive to "catch" children:

www.theparanormal.me...
(2011) CREATED LEGEND OF SLENDER MAN

Do we create "acceptable forms" from the horrors of ET abductions, or repressed memories of child molestation? Do we see an "acceptable" similar form in our nightmares, like tall slender men in black suits with either hats or no faces?

If you believe in Reincarnation, these forms may have terrorized us in past lives. Mouse studies last year proved that male mice can chemically pass on their "fears" to their offspring - even if father and baby mice never had any contact.

I'm not dissing anyone's experience, your fear and sincerity comes thru in your posts. I'm just searching for answers like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I believe they're fallen too. They seem to have a very dark agenda. That's the best way I can put it, a dark agenda meant to lead us astray.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

An interesting post, AnuTyr, but you seem to have jumbled a lot of semi-related things together, in my opinion.

"SkinWalkers" originated as shape-shifting witches in the Navajo Indian spiritual eco-system. They are evil and seek to inhabit or consume people that are still alive, whether for control or to just feed off the enhanced energy of their fear. (This seems to be a constant with evil people, ghosts or evil ETs: It's all about Control and Manipulation. Get angry and don't fear them!)

www.animalplanet.com...
SKIN WALKERS

A great mystery writer (now deceased) wrote some great stories about Navajo spirits and semi-gods:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412884477&sr=1-8&keywords=tony+hillerman +books

While I agree that there are some entities who can both shape-shift and slip in and out of parallel dimensions, the ones who seem fixated on "people" are usually malevolent. Whether dead or alive in parallel dimensions, they crave Power and Control. And all you represent to them is one big "energy producer" to make them more powerful

The easiest test is to understand that "positive" or "good" ghosts or ETs care more about us than themselves. They never ask "favors" nor try to manipulate you for their selfish purposes. They never "prime" you with tidbits or prophecy to show you how powerful they are - then start asking "favors" for increasingly evil activities They never give you a sob story about how you can help their dying race on another planet. They never pump your ego with BS about how you are So Special, made of Star Stuff like them, and how you just must join them and their nefarious activities.

Evil always lies and manipulates, always striving to control and dominate others - whether other ghosts trapped by this evil entity to keep feeding it energy. Or trying to pump-up the energy from the living by provoking fear and hysteria. Evil loves to feed on your terror.

I have seen these black-particle entities, usually walking by - and but a shadow-form of a still-living person. Some people can "project" their soul like this, or Astral Travel. They are not really ghosts, just a projection.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have a friend who has autism. I see him in a fedora, with eyes red after an all-nighter watching Chinese cartoons.
He's not exactly slender. That's about as close as I'll ever get to a "hat man".

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alexball

All the kids with autism bother me a lot. It comes on so suddenly, and does seem related to all the childhood vaccinations and/or the use of mercury. (If I had a young child, I'd only let them have the yearly vaccinations I did as a child: Polio, DPT and Tetnus. Maybe Measels and Mumps - but only in yearly doses, not "series" of a dozen shots each.)

If you had a shadow government interested in slowly destroying a culture and breaking down strong individuals who would oppose you, wouldn't you target very young children who exhibited intellectual or special skills that the shadow government couldn't bend to their evil will?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I'm not so sure about the relation between autism and vaccines.
But I am sure there is a relation between autism and fedoras.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I am certain the vaccine I received when I was an infant gave me autism. Within hours my temp spiked over a hundred and I nearly died. 15 years old I was diagnosed with Asperger's. I believe the entire incident was deliberate, not that I'm special but simply because it came on as you said, so suddenly, no explanation and it coincides with the vaccines.

As an Aspie I'm very much aware of my surroundings and I have dreams that come true. Won't get into that here but I believe there's something up with the vaccines (at least in my case).

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Thanks for your post! And yes, the U.S. had the "proof" by 2008 that mercury in childhood vaccines was causing autism:

www.ldonline.org...
VACCINATIONS REALLY DO CAUSE AUTISM - HERE'S THE PROOF

www.naturalnews.com...
VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM: SUPPORTING EVIDENCE

www.naturalnews.com...
AUTISM NEWS, ARTICLES AND INFORMATION

(NOTE: "Natural News" is out of China which, despite being communist, has a long tradition of herbal and other plant-based "natural" medicines. Just do NOT order/buy any herbs or supplements from China, or supplements with ingredients from China, since their export/commercial sector is toxically corrupt, and cutting-corners-to-increase-profits is endemic.

(But these "Natural News" articles are valid and important, mostly from the U.S. between 2005 thru 2014. They are mostly based on scientific studies you'll never find in the American elitist-stranglehold lamestream press.)
edit on 10-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
After a long time of lurking, I have decided to finally create that account because for the first time, I have something to contribute!

I will try to make this short: When I was 19, a few friends and myself went camping on a family owned piece of land. What we didn't know was that this piece of land was smack in the middle of a lot of bad mojo. In any direction from our camp, bad things had happened to people in the past. Examples include a woman and her son having drowned in a canoe near our camp, there is a hunting cabin (picture a typical 50's style house only in the middle of the woods, with electricity) where a shootout occurred in the 70's between the West Virginia State Police and several undesirables which ended with a high fatality rate on both sides. Perhaps the most prominent, and prone to producing "bad things", was an UNMARKED SLAVE GRAVEYARD (I will get the pictures of this place, don't have them at the moment) that is filled with graves of slaves who were killed building one of the TWO(2) trail tunnels that run under the hills that are abundant in this part of the country. Sadly there are no pictures of these tunnels online, or I'd provide a link. Our camp was roughly 200 yards from these train tunnels.

I digress, however, and need to get back on topic. We arrived just as the sun was going down, and had the fire going and set up before it was completely dark. First thing the boys wanted to do was spotlight fish and try to spear them, like Bear Grylls does. The actual percentage of us succeeding at this was very low, but we tried anyway for a few minutes. It wasn't until we noticed that every time we turned the spotlight off, we would hear a distinct WHOOSH WHOOSH, which if you've heard people walking in the water, was a very distinct sound. Sounded EXACTLY like someone walking through water at around shin height. When the light was off, the sound would occur. Turn the light on and the sound would immediately stop, but you could see the ripples in the water where something had disturbed the waters surface. The worst part? It was headed from the far bank to our side of the water. My cousin and I looked at each other, I could tell that he was afraid, and not wanting to ruin the mood, I covered and said it was fish. We went back to the fire where the other 2 were sitting, not wanting to talk about it and scare the others. It was at this time that the experience was escalated.

Sitting in the warm light of the fire cheered us up a bit, but we were still shaken, and to add to the stress, you could still hear the water rhythmically swooshing in the darkness we had just come from. We had the spotlight, and occasionally would use it just to search the immediate area for anything scary, but whatever it was just kept walking in that water, WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH.

It was when we started hearing what we thought were hunters walking through the woods talking that fear really started to take hold. Remember, at this point, only my cousin and I know anything weird is going on. The other 2 have heard the water whooshing and made small comments, like the fish sure are wound up, or something like that. When we started hear indistinct murmuring, things took a slightly more dangerous turn. We hoped that it was just people walking through on their hunt, that there was a rational explanation. We were all getting more than a little freaked out at this point, and when we told the 2 about what we had witnessed happening in the water, everyone was ready to go.

Thank you for everyone who has stayed with me so far, I'm getting to the relevant parts, I promise.
At this point we had enough, and were ready to go. A STRONG gust of wind came in just as we decided to do this, which was out of place as we were in a valley, beside a hill and hadn't had any strong winds up to that point. The wind blew on the fire and almost blew it out, dropping the light radius down to just a few feet from the firepit. One girl screamed, us suddenly being plunged into darkness was too much for her, and as I turned to run to fire up the ATV that we brought down, I saw it.

This was the moment in my life, the first of its kind, that stopped me dead in my tracks and made me a full believer. Leaning, yes LEANING with one hand rested on the front grill, was a full sized (I am 6'6", it was at least a foot taller than me and seemed to shrink and grow like a shadow) shadowman. It was DARKER than the pitch black night behind it, and seemed to emanate darkness, like how heat waves coming off of a fire distort the air above it. It had a hat on, but it looked like more of a stetson, or a cowboy hat, not a fedora although I could be mistaken. There were NO red eyes, and I could not make out any details of a face other than it was DARK, like looking into a well, and had no feet. They just sort of ended at the ankles.

As I was the first to see it, I was stunned. Rooted to the ground in fear, as wave after wave (I could feel this, intense emotional episodes of fear and revulsion that washed over me and others, but would go away just as quickly, like waves on a beach) over me. The others caught up to me at this point in their hustle to leave, and 3 other people saw exactly what I was seeing. The girl let out a LOUD piercing scream. People for miles around who could hear it probably thought something much different was going on in the woods that night. As she let out this scream, the figure suddenly stood upright, like it straightened its back, and like the Flash took off in a blur back towards the train tunnels

As we jumped on the ATV, which had worked JUST FINE coming down, it was very hard to start, the battery was not charged enough to start it. This does not happen, the battery was full and fine and should have had no trouble. My mind immediately went to the shadowman leaning on the ATV, I am sure that his contact with this battery is what drained it. Luckily, this ATV was manual, so we were able to roll-start it to get it going and get home.

Now this story has stuck with me forever, but was solidified when an incident happened to my uncle.I will be brief.

My uncle was in the woods hunting with his dog at night, roughly 1 year later. He was up on top of the hill we had camped at the base of, and the dog had gone up above him on top of a rock face ledge. While up there, the dog was sniffing around and knocked a large rock off the ledge that fell and hit my uncle in his head/neck area. This (temporarily, thanks to surgery) paralyzed the entire right side of my uncles body. He had fallen to the ground and only had one good arm/leg with which to pull himself around, and then only very weakly. After I had told this story and it had made its rounds both in my family and the limited online submissions, my uncle (who somehow drove himself out of the woods that night, after turning around a heavy ATV with only limited function) sent my mother a very mind-shattering text message. This man is NOT one to lie. He has lived an honest life as a hard worker, and as a result retired a millionaire after working his entire life, so if he says something to you, you can believe that it is the truth. I have NEVER seen this man lie, and I know from experiences with my cousins and family that he abhors lying. His text said, "I've never told anybody this, but the man in the hat the kids saw that night helped me turn my ATV around and got me on it. Saved my life."

Thanks.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Ensinger23 because: small corrections

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

Nice story, thanks for posting! I never heard of a black-shadow humanoid saving anyone's life, but anything's possible. Especially if there was some connection between the dark entity and the person in trouble. (I'm also a little puzzled how you jumped to a 20 Karma score with only one post, but anyway ...)

What state did this happen in? Areas with "concentrated negativity" have always had dark-figures, that seem to have full-forms and more substance than regular ghosts. And some places, like Skinwalker Ranch in Utah, had multiple dark "strangeness":

www.8newsnow.com...
LAS VEGAS BASED SCIENTISTS STUDY "SKINWALKER RANCH"

www.youtube.com...
"GHOST HUNTERS" TV SHOW: INVESTIGATED SEVERAL 'TOP HAT MAN' GHOSTS

www.youtube.com...
THE HAT MAN DOCUMENTARY

(NOTE: Again, the different hats being worn by dark-ghost male figures, may either represent the era in which they died, and/or their impression of themselves while alive. If these entities are ETs, the hats may hide misshapen heads or elongated skulls.)
edit on 10-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: add content and clarify

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: Ensinger23

(I'm also a little puzzled how you jumped to a 20 Karma score with only one post, but anyway ...)

What state did this happen in? Areas with "concentrated negativity" have always had dark-figures, that seem to have full-forms and more substance than regular ghosts. And some places, like Skinwalker Ranch in Utah, had multiple dark "strangeness":

I noticed my karma went up as well, not sure how that happened either. Not going to complain though!

As to the state, I believe I mentioned there was a shootout with the WVSP (West Virginia State Police), and this story took place in the northern panhandle of West Virginia. Wetzel County. Lots of civil war fighting happened around here, Indians were here, we've personally found carvings in a large rock that sits next to a large creek that had initials "CWC" and a date which I believe was in the 1800's, and right after we discovered this, the woods went silent and a single, solitary *CREEEEEEEEEEK ... BAM* as a dead tree fell over a short ways away. We left shortly after, message received, creepy nature spirit/indian.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Ensinger23 because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join