It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hat man thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

You may be interested in my first ever thread posted on ATS. It was a strange figure, wearing some kind of hat that turned up in my photo. It was a photo of a large piece of granite in a granite warehouse, and you can see my reflection, but also another reflection that is not my wife. And we were in the warehouse alone for sure.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I know this thread has slowed down a bit, but I'd like to just throw out a few thoughts I've had in reference to my first post.

My uncle was an avid outdoorsman. He was out, in the woods, anytime of the day or night, more than anyone I know. Sometimes he'd be alone, often he'd have a dog or two with him, teaching them scents and how to track. Remembering that the shadow did nothing more than really watch us for who knows how long. Maybe it was just checking up on us, to see if we were damaging nature or something. Maybe not, maybe there was something more sinister at work. I can say that when this thing realized the jig was up and we saw him (as indicated by the scream), it hauled ass out of there. To a train tunnel. A long, dark, empty tunnel buried under a mountain. Maybe these things come from places that are always dark. I know that a perma-black train tunnel seems like a likely breeding ground for an entity that is made of shadow. Maybe due to being outdoors so much, this spirit knew who my uncle was and as a result did not see him as a threat, and in fact worked on his behalf to save him.

Who knows. Maybe it's an amalgamation of all the negative energy from the slave graves of the slaves that died while building said tunnels. Like I said, there is a LOT of death surrounding this particular area.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Ensinger23 because: more grammar

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CorvusCorax

First: Just because a lot of people have seen something doesn't make it real. This is a premise. Do you agree?

If you do not agree with me on this, then in principle you have to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny as well. Lots of children believe that they have seen Santa Claus, so he must be real.

Second: I apologize that I might come of as rude, but I still think it is silly that fallen angels wear hats.

If fallen angels exists and do have ranks, why NOT use a hat? I get it. They could also be wearing wellington boots, why not? If angels exists I believe that they are totally different from us and therefore don't wear human clothes.

I am not saying that those who claim to have seen a 'hat man' are lying.

They probably have seen 'him', but it's just a figure of their imagination (in my opinion).

It doesn't mean that it was not real either. I guess some peoples immagination run away from them right? Tell me, how does your immagination physically do things to you and others who were around you? Moving things,voices,controlling your body functions ect. I have met alot of people like you unbelievers. IF a coconut lands on your head and nobody saw it, i guess it was a figure of your imagination. RIGHT. must be. yep.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

The real men in black are hybrids.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

Thanks for replying.

"The real men in black are hybrids.

I figured as much. And they are probably somewhat related to that other dangerous phenomenon of BEKs (Black Eyed Kids), who are also ET-Aliens trying to interact with Earth natives in disguised form.

But from what I've read about Men In Black, they are ungainly and stumbling as they walk, like they are unused to our gravity. So are they "created" hybrids thru abductions, raised elsewhere then brought back to Earth?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

Thanks for your reply!

Was this area in West Virginia anywhere near "Seneca Rock"? Below is an account from a truck driver, that sounds like a Time Slip, where someone slips briefly into another time period in that very area. (Stormy weather conditions are the key, apparently, to most Time Slips. Just as lightning can open up time/space vortices.)

www.castleofspirits.com...
TWILIGHT ZONE IN WEST VIRGINIA

West Virginia is also known for a lot of creepy-creatures:

www.weirdus.com...
WEST VIRGINIA'S MOTHMAN

But, hey, it's made West Virginia a Ghost Vacation destination!

www.lovetripper.com...
WEST VIRGINIA'S HAUNTED SITES

I'm not a geologist, but magnetic anomalies (land or air) have been associated with areas that seem to experience a lot of "strangeness". It's hard to plow thru these geologic studies, but here's a short and interesting one for one county in West Virginia:

www.archaeology-geophysics.com...
ARCHAEOLOGICAL-GEOPHYSICS CONSULTING: PUTNAM COUNTY, W. VIRGINIA

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's interesting how much parts your experience reminds me of mine.....(see my earlier post)....your description of how black the figure was, .... mine seemed to suck in all the available light, even in broad daylight he had no surface details that should have been visible if it were just someone in a 'costume'.

The fear you describe, being rooted to the spot......again sounds like what I felt as I was so frozen that I found it difficult to breath, and the fact that a number of us saw it at the same time....

Another bit of similarity, that I did not mention in my first post, the road that it was following in my sighting, led to a swamp area that was spanned by a string of bridges......one of these bridges was the spot where my friend had his experience with the figure as it rose from beneath it. The stream that fed the swamp came from a large underground spring area. ( The scene in Stephen King's "It" where Pennywise is standing in the swamp would have been about right, if he'd been dressed in all black).....

Our whole town was the site of a civil war battle and before that had been an Indian village ......

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Mikey923: creepy photos!

Ensenger23: interesting story, thanks for sharing.

Thank you everyone and again, if somebody else wants to share their story, feel free to do so

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just heard about the hat man again and a man who saw him asked him who he was and he answered "I'm Scratch", which is an old nick name for the Devil...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I've had such experience as a young child (5-8ish?) and dismissed it totally at the time or the days and years later. This would have been the mid to late 60's.

It wasn't until perhaps 5 (give or take) years ago that I read about (probably on sites like this lol) others who have experienced it and those people called it a visit from 'hat man'. In my case it was more of a top hat, suit and tie kinda guy. *Not a tall top hat (Abe Lincoln style) either. A tall, thin, white man, thin tie, charcoal grey suit (or darker?). I could see his face clearly, but if asked to describe it would be impossible, yet the expression was (the best I could describe) 'stoic'. This only happened a (very) few times so memories are vague.

I don't recall any verbal communication, nor do I recall feelings of harm. I also didn't feel any good out of it either. It was a non-event to me and I went back to sleep. I was neither afraid nor curious, during or after.

I shared a bedroom with older siblings, but I do recall he was at the head of my bed (just looking down). I must have fallen back asleep because by morning I had forgotten all about it. No idea if this 'imaginary man' also visited my siblings either.

I will not and never have speculated the why, who, or what on the event. I consider it a case of my imagination as a child. Aliens? No way. That concept (in my case) is ridiculous, to me.

Besides, if it were important, I'm sure 'it/he/whatever' would have had something to say or re-visit later in life, which hasn't occurred so I don't even think about it. *until I see it being discussed lol

edit on 14-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: cloaked4u

Thanks for replying.

"The real men in black are hybrids.

I figured as much. And they are probably somewhat related to that other dangerous phenomenon of BEKs (Black Eyed Kids), who are also ET-Aliens trying to interact with Earth natives in disguised form.

But from what I've read about Men In Black, they are ungainly and stumbling as they walk, like they are unused to our gravity. So are they "created" hybrids thru abductions, raised elsewhere then brought back to Earth?

No, just the opposite. They're genes have been modified and they physically and mentally more capable than you could immagine. They wear a hat to disquise they're ears,contacts to disquise they're eyes,a suit to disquise they're body features, dark glasses because our light above ground has to much U.V rays. for their eyes in the daytime. Plus the glasses hide the fact that they have no eyebrows or hair on any
part of their body. They have been tinkering with genes for a very long time. They use whatever species combinations that work and plant them into hosts. Each different for their purpose and the offspring are kept. I don't think that will ever stop.
I have no idea what the black eyed children are or their purpose.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A pitchblack shadow-figure came to me in the night,when I was 16,maybe just turned 17.It was'nt wearring a hat,though.

What happened was,I woke up and immediately sat up in bed,wondering what woke me up.In the far corner of my room I saw this whirling fog or mist,bit like a dust-devil but a white mist.I thought I saw a short figure in there,I thought for a minute that it may have been my mother,but could'nt think what she'd be doing in my room within a dervish of white mist/fog in the middle of the night.

Next thing there's this tall slender-built pitchblack male figure standing right next to my bed,I mean it was centimeters away,if I reached out even slightly I could've touched it.It was So black,like black velvet,even blacker,the very Essence of blackness.

For some reason I felt to lay back down on my bed,I lay on my back staring up at it,and it was staring down at me too.I was desperate to make out features in it's face,it felt very important to put a face to this creature,I wanted to know what it looked like as if it was a person.I noticed then that that although the silhouette,the outline, was still pitchblack,I could now see what looked like swirling black/darkgrey mist,swirling around within the confines of the silhoutte.The silhouette actually reminded me very much of that of my late father,who had passed on a few months before-same height too,around 6 feet,and slender build.But I could'nt be sure,which is why it was so important for me to try and make out some facial features,but with his head bent down to look at me,all I could see was utter blackness,no details.

I don't know how long this staring at each other went on,it could've been minutes,but propably not longer than 4 or 5 minutes,then I started to feel an overwhelming tiredness,and sleepiness.But I felt bad to turn my back on it and just leave it standing there-i mean,obviously it came for a reason,and idk,it felt it would be rude,even ungrateful?.But I was getting too tired,so i sent a thought to it,I guess a telepathy,that I'm so sorry but I really could'nt keep my eyes open a minute longer,that I felt exhausted,so it must please pardon me,but I Had to sleep now.I cannot recall if I spoke the words too,but I definitely recall that I mentally projected to it,my apology for now going to turn over and going back to sleep.

So I turned my back to it,and I could still sense it standing there,but I drifted off to sleep very soon,propably not much more than a minute and I was out.Idk why but I felt no terror,no menace,just an enormous curiosity.I was'nt feeling 100% comfortable,to be honest,I don't think anyone would -but it was really not anything remotely resembling fear or anxiety or worry-just sort of awkward and a bit uncomfortable,cause it Was a very very strange experience-and I felt downright bad for turning my back on it to go to sleep but I really was overwhelmingly sleepy and so tired.Maybe it drew energy from me to to keep the manifestation going? Either way I was comfy enough with it to turn my back to it and to fall asleep,although I could still sense it standing there.

So idk,I will never know,if it was my late father's spirit-because my adoptive father was a good man,just a pity he was almost never home for my entire childhood,he came home very seldom,as he worked at a job he loved+absolutely lived for,over a hundred miles away-and seriously,in hindsight,I don't blame him really,for keeeping his distance.There was a lot of highly strange+irregular things going on all through my childhood,and I suspect now that he wanted no part of it-i am an abductee,and I think he knew far more than he let on.Plus our home life was just a hot mess,my adoptive mother was bi-polar to an extreme extent,and I always got the feeling that he was angry with her for adopting me while he was out of the country+her part in the mysterious happenings,one of their two adult sons was a violent alcoholic who made my life hell till one day my father told him in no uncertain terms it was time to FO+get his own place,as he was employed+could afford it.
I was an abused child-except when he was home.When he was home things were ok,he seemed to keep things in check and would take me to the beach,along to his friends,interesting places,and he never abused me,physically,verbally,emotionally or psychologically,like the rest did.I did feel Some sort of feeling or emotion coming off the pitchblack figure,a vague sense of a benign vibe,much interest,maybe even pity? Definitely nothing evil,menacing,hateful whatso ever.I felt it was trying to convey something to me,and it haunts me to this day that I could'nt figure out what that was.

I mentioned it to my adoptive mother,and she said my late father did come to her,and also to one of her two adult sons,the one who was still living at home.For some reason,I did'nt ask her what form he came in,when he visited with them after his passing,I cannot now fathom why I did'nt ask-maybe because when I described what happened, she just replied that he also came to her and her son-so I must have assumed that he did as a matter of fact manifest in the same way to them.

Or maybe it was something completely different-i know her son was afraid at night,around the time this happened.Although he was a grown man,in his late 30's at least.There was a door between the part of the house where my bedroom+my mother's room was,and his room was off the hallway on the other side of the door.Around this time he requested that my mother not close that door at night,so that he felt less isolated.

So yeah my shadow being experience,not exactly hatman,but one of The most haunting and hi-strange things to happen to me,in a life full of strangeness in general.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I've only seen a shadow with a hat once, would describe it as in more of a grayish tone than these other little hooded guys with red/yellow eyes that visit me. They come in the most pitch black dark you could imagine. (They remind me somewhat of the star wars creatures) They just stare at me except for one that slapped my face! it's like they want to tell me something... I dunno it's hard to explain if you haven't experienced this at first hand.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just a thought: maybe the color of their eyes reflects the energy of the frequency they are using to communicate with us or between each other or something?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Was this area in West Virginia anywhere near "Seneca Rock"?

Nah, he said earlier that he's in Wetzel County, which is on the other side of the state from Seneca Rock. It's in the panhandle of WV that runs up between Ohio and PA, on the Ohio River. Seneca Rock is in the eastern part of WV, next to VA.

Both, however, are on old indian trails that are centuries old.

Maybe some day, if I get sufficiently brave or sufficiently drunk, I'll tell some of my WV spook stories... but it ain't gonna be today.

edit on 2014/11/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Please do post some of your stories. I have grown up in Wetzel, right here in the Ohio Valley and yes, lots of indian stories. Many places are named after incidents with indians. Example is a local road called Crows Run which was named after a man named Crow who tried to run from an indian ambush down this road and got killed on it.

Anyway, I've always been told that the hills and hollers of WV hold many dark things. Lots of creepy stuff around here.

This area, called Kings Bend by locals, has a lot of stories and history. I really hope you decide to post some of your stories, as my exhaustive search of WVGHOSTSTORIES is getting spent.

Thanks for answering for me before, I hadn't been up to date on my replies.
edit on E110937114America/ChicagoWed, 19 Nov 2014 04:37:09 -060023 by Ensinger23 because: retold a story I already wrote about

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, my experience isn't exactly a Hatman one. More so, shadow person. I was in my mom's room just chilling on my phone a the end of the bed (it gets pitch black in my house at night, so the only light I had was my phone light and the TV in the front room) and where the entrance to my mom's room is, there's the bathroom at the very end of this short hallway, and across from my mom's door is the ooening to the kitchen. Anyway, I knew something was standing there because I heard the floorboards creak underneath the pressure, slowly, but surely, as if someone was walking across them. Then, it just stopped at the entrance and I heard this ringing in my ears (the TV was on mute btw) and I saw this silhouette of a figure, about 7ft #ing tall (entrance is about 6feet 6 inches) standing there. No trench coat or nothing, just like, a lanky, bony figure. I was scared #less .-. My phone screen went to sleep, and I started panicking like a mother#er. That's bit even the worst part. This thing growled at me, it literally growled at me.. Not like a animal growl, no, this was some inhuman type #. like, I knew I had to get my ass up out my mom's room when this # started growling like the exorcist or some # from Supernatural. I said a quick prayer, cut the flash light on my phone on and shined it in the kitchen, and I saw it go further into the shadows and I ran my ass into my room and dived onto the bed, mid air flicking on the light. I have never been so scared .-. And that's not my first experience with a shadow person either...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikey923

There was a kid on the t.v. show, Ghost Inside My Child, last night that said he was seeing shadow people, and one that wore a hat and cape.
The parents dismissed it as "just his imagination". I wanted to scream at them, "Hey, they're NOT his imagination!!"

Nothing else was mentioned about them in the show; it went on to discuss his past-life memories.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i just started a new youtube channel and conspiracies are what the channel is based off, and would greatly appreciate it if you checked it out i cant make my first video until i get a good topic. thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.pinterest.com...
The Sandeman port wine commercial when I was a kid in the early 80's freaked me out! Though I have never seen hat man or his pal shadow man. I instinctively detested the black figure and his scary atmosphere.
Now I don't feel that at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join