It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Affleck is a moron and I hope he sees this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Basically, Affleck is defending the religion of Islam saying that not all of them are radicals but that the non radicals are being silenced because the religion is overly hated and can't speak out against them. The part of not all them are radicals is true but the religion is flawed to no extent.

I find it very ironic that he mentioned that but at the same time, is trying to silence AMERICANS from speaking out against the radicals.
Way to go Azzfleck. He also went to to mention that ISIS cannot fill up a ballpark stadium. What freaking planet does this guy live on?
Does he not realize that the amount of sleeper cells currently hiding would allow them to fill up dozens of stadiums. Plus not to mention the people currently flocking to the radical side.

I am also disappointed that more people clapped for him than the other guys.

Try experiencing the religion first hand. They hate white people because they despise Americans and think everyone is white. It is their religion or the highway and will make that be known. We couldn't even drink water in front of them during Ramadan.

I am not in your religion, I am not required to follow your crap.

Why do Americans support this religion but bash the other ones so much? Islam is one of the most hypocritical religions on the face of the planet. We saw a few of them in Dubai drinking alcohol during Ramadan and asking them how come they were doing that?

They said, "we are not in our country right now and do not have to follow the laws of the religion" and then went further on to say that they would be there for the whole month.

Plus, some of them threaten to rape the military women in the bathrooms. It happens to the men as well because they see it as an ownership thing.

I haven't heard of any other religions threatening to rape an Arab.

And, before anyone goes spouting off about Christianity and how we are no better killing them. That is a false statement. Christianity allows me to take up the sword and fight the evils of those who want to rape and various other things. I am not taking up a sword against the Muslims that are praying and keeping to themselves.

Top Ten Ways Islamic Law forbids Terrorism

1. Terrorism is above all murder. Murder is strictly forbidden in the Qur’an. Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted). 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

7. Sneak attacks are forbidden. Muslim commanders must give the enemy fair warning that war is imminent. The Prophet Muhammad at one point gave 4 months notice.

ISIS has support in the Middle East and is gaining support in America because of people like Ben Azzfleck not allowing people like me to be outspoken. And, you peeps being so distasteful to the government and the police is only making ISIS stronger because that means you are recruitable and most will take the easy way out.

Think about it...this is the best time to stay together as a nation and stay strong.

We were not strong when 9/11 happened and then decided to afterwards because people stopped trying to be hippies for once in their life.

War will never stop, but pick the side that has the most morals and values.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

Yeah. I wanted to cheer for Maher and then I realized that they were both just parroting their individual programming anyway. If we have to live on this world, Afleck's vision is more slavish, but trying to distinguish among these is like trying to determine which kind of dog crap you want in your salad...

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We were not strong when 9/11 happened and then decided to afterwards because people stopped trying to be hippies for once in their life. War will never stop, but pick the side that has the most morals and values.

??? I see you have problems thinking coherently.

What if 9-11 didn't happen the way we were told (and ALL the evidence points to the government's version being an utter lie), and the Muslims have been demonized because terrorism and blaming 'others' is a great way for certain corporations to make a ton of money on fear?

Funny how Muslims weren't a real problem back when it was all about the Commies. Did Muslims all of a sudden get more violent, or are certain people reacting to being bombed indiscriminately day and night by 'freedom fighters' and getting, y'know, pissed off at the United States of Lies, Bombs and Psychopaths?

That Ben Affleck/Maher interview was terrible because of all the overtalking, but Affleck is right. Most Muslims, just like most Christians, are nonviolent and just want to be left alone, in their own countries, to go about their lives the way they see fit. If the women or whoever in those societies want things to be different, it's up to them to effect that change, not us, by way of military power and intervention.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The message is pretty sound. Muslims for the most part are good people it is a select few causing problems. Truth be told it is taking a page out of the progressive playbook to make it all about the man and not the message. Progressives and even conservatives want to make it all about the messenger so when they tear the messenger down the message will fall with it.

Bottom line this message for the most part is correct.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
All religions are flawed, man. There's no point defending one and condemning the others, they're all essentially the same thing. Inventions of man to control the masses. It doesn't matter who the talking head is, any person who promotes the ideology of religion is thusly negating the idea of solidarity and community. It's all subjective, just like this reply, I suppose.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Plus, some of them threaten to rape the military women in the bathrooms. It happens to the men as well because they see it as an ownership thing.

Got a source for this outrageous accusation?

By the way I'm a white Muslim and I couldn't have been better accepted and received by my Muslim brothers when I took Shahada at the local Mosque...

So no they don't hate white people...
A lot of Arabs are white!

War will never stop, but pick the side that has the most morals and values.

That's the side that doesn't drone pregnant women & children...
The side that doesn't kidnap and torture innocent men at Guantanamo...
That's the side that doesn't invade Iraq whenever it suits them...
That's the side that doesn't do things like this!!!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

All religions are flawed, and the United States of America is part of the world, but isn't the world.

Do Westboro represent Christianity? No.
Do the shooters at Columbine, Sandy Hook etc represent all gun owners? No.
Do white christian pedophiles represent all white people? No.
Do white murderers represent all white people? No.

The list of comparisons is endless.

So why the sweeping generalisation about 1.6 billion people?

Bigoted, much?

edit on 5/10/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not all Muslims are blood-thirsty terrorists, just like not all Christians are ignorant hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There are so many things wrong with your post. It's like reading the testament of someone that has fallen for the xenophobic/McCarthy-like propaganda that is spewed out on talk radio and certain websites/news stations.

Silly boy.....have you been watching Fox News?

link   

Does he not realize that the amount of sleeper cells currently hiding would allow them to fill up dozens of stadiums.

I would just like to ask how did you obtain that bit of information? I would think one would need to be on the inside of such an organization to actually know that which would make you.....

link   
Maher showing signs of his old self again!

Ben Affleck is just coming across as your Typical Hollywood Liberal who thinks they know the score.

Imagine the fireworks if Christopher Hitchens was sitting at that table!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: johngrissom
The part of not all them are radicals is true but the religion is flawed to no extent.

Do you realize you just said it is not flawed at all?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

If the typical liberal is able to realize that the problem is people, not religions, and is willing to point out how Islam has been demonized.....then sign me up!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
ALL Indians walk single file, at least the ONLY one I knew did... I find it funny that many type that the "media is full of crap" and then use that same media to "sell Your wares"... What of Us that are trying to LIVE that don't NEED a "rule book" that don't NEED to play the "My God is Superior, Jealous but Superior" Why do We have to get blown up/shot, killed why Y'all play "Whose penis is bigger"? Knowing MATTHEW like I do, doesn't He advise against "public prayer"? 6:5-6?

ALL Organized Religions™ are 'different' that makes them the 'same' take out what is the 'same' and TheTruth is revealed.. When Organized Religion™ pays their TAXES I'll be concerned about what "they" do, but because 'they' don't, I won't...

Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell... Take Your "DOGMA" and battle it out amongst Yourselves.. Who let the 'dogma' out who, who, who?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh please another celebrity expert.

Like people who fawn over Emma Watson for "speaking out"....

Puhlease, celebs will do anything for a buck, and a magazine spread.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Benn Affleck was right and Maher and Harris is wrong. Maher is wrong because he just blanket accuses all Muslims Harris is wrong because he doesn't want to point out the other people of the Muslim faith that speaks out against radicalism. This is no surprise because Harris makes his money off Islamophobia. Did you see how both of them started to go off when Steele pointed out that the Muslims who speaks out against radicalism get no air time unlike the radicals that preach hate get constant coverage on the MSM here in America. Why does this happen? Because Islamophobia means ratings here in the states and that means money. Maher tries to back up his argument by citing a poll in Egypt how many people were questioned in this poll 1000 maybe 2000 out of how many million? Citing polls as an accurate portrayal of what the whole group thinks is a joke.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I lived in a Muslim country for 5 years, Malaysia.

While I honestly think people who are sincerely religious are a sandwich short of a picnic I found the Muslims I met to be lovely people with a few a-holes thrown in to the mix, kinda like anyone anywhere.

While I appreciate Malays and Arabs are very different in terms of religious outlooks I think to tar all Muslims is a bit much.

Ive met many more offensive Christians than I have Muslims but that is most likely due to the fact Ive met many more Christians

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The thing is, as a kind of fact, a good portion of the muslim world is a hot spot of constant violation of human rights and UN terms of values. There are at the moment a long list of organised large groups spreading terror and violence in the name of Islam, doing so in Africa, in Middle-East and in Asia.

Then, there is a large number of individuals who condone to general defiance on UN human rights and values within the Western hemisphere, who would given the opportunity not hesitate a second to introduce Islamic sharia laws and what normally would be considered - oppression.

The fact is, main muslim countries ARE oppressive, not least Saudi Arabia, the ideological source for many of these extremist leages. And in their own reference, they are totally OK with this opporession being in line with religion.

That means, there is fundamentally so much wrong in that religion, and the form of culture it promotes, it is fair to compare it to equally oppressive ideologies such as communism, or fascism (which is not even close so oppressive).

So, in my books the balance clearly is in the negative side, when I look the totality of it. There are of course some spots of light, and positive remarks to be said, but so little in comparison to the rotten totality.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is almost like nobody seems to notice the number one target of radical muslims are majority masses of moderate muslims. Or that the people who have fought radicals muslms longer and harder than anyone are moderate muslims. What also is interesting is that by most of the worlds terrorism has been commited in and by Christian Latin America. Its is just when racical christian cartel like the Knights Templar Cartel beheads and massacres people for some reason we do not call it terrorism and it gets no media coverage.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is a no-brainer. Bill Maher and the other militant atheist on that stage HATE RELIGION.

So naturally they will go to any length to besmirch ANY religion when controversial radicals in the religion act crazy.

With their reasoning ALL of the Catholic Church should be forever condemned because of the many clerics their who have molested children…

Probably there are more Catholic priests who have molested children than there are radicals in Islam.

So therefore, according to Maher’s reasoning, ALL Catholicism is to blame.

The reasoning of a bigot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join