It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Affleck is a moron and I hope he sees this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
I don't see why the straight truth doesn't just be spoken, it's not terrorism Americans worry about, maybe to a 10% degree of the problem.

The reality is, we live in a nation where it took a century or two to control religious fundamentalism, witch burnings, prohibition, draconian laws, control over peoples personal behaviors, so much crap... and finally, finally we are slowly, slooooooowly starting to become a progressive nation in some spots....

And along come these guys... from Africa and the ME, even what passes for "moderate" and speaks polite on the news, repression of women and sexuality, sets of laws and rules to be used by everyone or...terrorist bomb or not they throw a fit...

The real reason, religion is RETARDED, while the Chinese will have kids doing algebra on Sundays and after school, for us it will be more religious studies, destroying our economy and will it yes, pork gone, alcohol gone, most of the fashion industry gone, more bs schools teaching against evolution in place of some superstitious puke, further declines in science and math...

For petes sake, we just managed to push out OUR religious conservatives to a good degree and even so the govt can't do Crap because the congress and senate are still filled with these crackers...

Now lets ship in Millions more...

These guys vote for crying out loud, that's the real islamic Bomb, life is going to suck "eventually" over time it grows like the waste of human life white kid from Britain above who thinks his life is going to get better by worshiping a freaking rock instead of getting a brain in his head...

Reality most Islamics are nice, so are most Christian... Face to face, very polite... but back biting controlling law passing control freaks by Ideology

So terrorism is bs, who cares... The only damage it does is let more "moderate" (mildly less insane) religious nuts get sympathy, sympathy to be left alone to import family members, convert people and the VOTE, vote every god damn liberty of freedom of action we have out of existence...

Say goodbye to birth control and hello to eating like you live in a frackin desert, say goodbye to science in the classroom and after school and hello to studying absolute bs, say goodbye to a competitive economy and hello to falling behind (further) in the modern world, count on wars to continue but the sides changing in 20 years or so to nations who used to be your friends and great places to go on vacation, forget a drink on a holiday and so, so much more.... so many Billion dollar industries will be ruined can't be counted.... people like world of Warcraft, world of Mohammed the game will suck because you can't even visualize the stupid prophet.

I'm not talking about tomorrow, just over time....

And let me say seriously, this WILL be the end of America, it's very reminiscent of the fall of Rome, pagans out the wazoo flocking in...

We wont be friends with anyone worth being friends with in the world if we wax fundamentalist again , with science and math in the toilet and religion out of the closet we will be vastly technologically surpassed very quickly by more modern nations, particularly in East Asia and the war we don' win wont be far away after that, lots of nations hold grudges against us already, Parts of China already look like their cities are 50 years ahead of us, smart sane Atheist/agnostics with a strong social order that religion will Never circumvent...

Leader of the 3rd world is who we will be if we allow what is going on... and that's leading the WRONG side, Mohammed/Jesus/Moses/Cat in the Hat/Easter Bunny/Pedo Bear... None of these religious leaders will actually "show up" and save anyone lol, but the remaining nations that hold out will have Robots and Death rays etc, whatever have you....

Azzfleck is an Idiot, so is every other liberal who doesn't realize what their childrens lives will be like, drink your god damn bear, screw your hot wife, be Batman you stupid prick.... Your grand kids wont enjoy these things and "Batman" will be the same movie everytime lol... he blows up Wayne Manor for Islam and dies lol....

I laugh at people in here who talk about civil war

But honestly the reason you always see Conservative politicians doing things like Mc Cain with Isis, or us with the Taliban back in the day.... it's because they secretly agree with this bs and the midwest slowly fills with more animals... birds of a feather flock together.

This will end in civil war, inevitably the rest of us are going to have to put the religious right down like a sick dog

edit on 5-10-2014 by IntastellaBurst because: content removed by NSA

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Americans don't want the truth to terrorism. They want security and to feel protected, and they'll hand over power to anyone who's willing to do that for them. The American public could have prevented the illegal war in Iraq but they chose not to. A country that had nothing to do with 9/11 or weapons of mass destruction was turned into a war zone and left hundreds of thousands dead. It has become a haven for terrorist groups.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agree with Ben Affleck. Mahar was being a ignorant moron, as usual. The thing is, though, I bet Affleck is black-listed in Hollyweird now for supporting Muslims.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I agree with Ben Affleck. Mahar was being a ignorant moron, as usual. The thing is, though, I bet Affleck is black-listed in Hollyweird now for supporting Muslims.

Good, we'll get a realistic version of Batman vs Superman, 1 Minute Long

Batman: I'm Batman

Superman: How do you feel about Islam?

Batman: The American Govt unjustly persecutes them

Superman: (grabs Batman by arm launches him into orbit where his lungs freeze in seconds and he dies) "Murica"

The End

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TSOM87

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
It would be completely wrong for us to say all Muslims are bad because of the actions of the extreme. That is what Affleck was saying and he is correct.

Thats not what they are saying. What they are saying is Liberals have turned a blind eye from the Islamic world and its politics, while pointing the finger at Christianity and the sort, and that many millions of Muslims hold beliefs that conflict with Libralism. Thats the core of the discussion. But Affleck see it like more like a crusade against Islam and it's Muslims.

I don't see where Ben Affleck is right? All i see him doing is being your typical Ignorant Hollywood lefty when put on the spot.

What club is that?

The one you wanted to sign up with, look at your first Reply to me.

If you don't agree with him, that's fine. We are entitled to our own opinion.

Also, I wouldn't say that he is being a "typical lefty" as liberals and progressives have a wide variety of opinions depending on the topic at hand. Same thing on the Right. There is no such thing as a typical "righty".

May I ask, what's wrong with being liberal? Just like conservatives, they have some good ideas.

Since my personal ideology happens to stretch across the entire spectrum, I do not shy away of cower in fear when someone calls me a liberal....nor do I shy away from my conservative views.

When I see someone spouting-off about lib this and lefty that, I cringe a bit because most likely they do not know what they are really talking about and probably received their political education from talk radio and Fox News.
edit on 10/5/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Also, I wouldn't say that he is being a "typical lefty" as liberals and progressives have a wide variety of opinions depending on the topic at hand. Same thing on the Right. There is no such thing as a typical "righty".

Well there was a reason why i put 'Hollwood' after 'typical'.

It's just my view as to how i see the Hollywood Politics and the players in that Arena. They'll blitzkrieg Christianity and Conservative America till the cows come home. It's just a shame they don't give the same effort when it comes to the 'Jewish state' Israel and its expanding borders on the West Bank and the little problem we have today called Islamic Fundamentalism and human rights in Saudi Arabia.

May I ask, what's wrong with being liberal? Just like conservatives, they have some good ideas.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with being Liberal. I just don't like when i see Liberals pouding the Liberal drum in Public while turing a blind eye to big problems in the world. Particulary Liberals with world wide fame.

Since my personal ideology happens to stretch across the entire spectrum, I do not shy away of cower in fear when someone calls me a liberal....nor do I shy away from my conservative views.

Good on you, we need Troopers like you in this world who don't stand down!

When I see someone spouting-off about lib this and lefty that, I cringe a bit because most likely they do not know what they are really talking about and probably received their political education from talk radio and Fox News.

100% agree with you! Fox News Opinion Shows are 90% of the time about Fear and Garbage. Me and my fellow Country men aint hit with that level of Rubbish or the type of hypocrisy that comes out of Mr Ben Affleck's mouth.

Peace&Love!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

I think he missed the point, but I did laught when he said they just want to "have a sandwich."

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

How do you know how many sleeper cells there are?

There aren't that many in ISIS, but it doesn't matter because there are many more jihadis that aren't in ISIS. They are currently fighting in Syria.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that Ben Affleck would care about what you wrote.

Nationalism = bigotry.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

While I'd agree Racism at it's core is stupid, it implies that without speaking to someone as an individual you decide they are lesser based on skin color when reality dictates everyone of every race is on a curve in all matters, and has the free will to be "anything" and without engaging them you'll never know who they really are...

What however is wrong with Bigotry?

"intolerance of those who hold different opinions or ideas than yours"

Now bigotry, to never be a bigot to me would be a person who A: stands for nothing and doesn't even have beliefs that are dear to them and B: very dangerous...

At the heart of an end to "Bigotry" would be things like....

Accepting pedophilia for instance, it's after all just another "belief" right?

Or maybe Buddhist monks should be made to live with Rappers... that's what they do in the dorm rooms in America these days pair you up with people with opposite or very different "ideas" to fight intolerance... so the Buddhist who just wants a quiet room to live in and meditate and study, is "wrong and bigoted" when he eventually Commits suicide because he lives with a guy who drinks, plays loud angry music all night, has friends over all the time, and bases his life around material possessions like "Bling"

No i'd say "Bigotry is important" because honestly if someone in my house interrupted my meditation daily 6 months straight I'd frackin bury them in a hole...

I'm damn bigoted, always will be, I don't care what others do, but it better not impose on me and when it does, if it encounters one of my silly beliefs that make me bigoted from the serious like "pedophilia is not okay" i'll kill that person, that is a "war declaration" level offense in my book, rather risk dying yes than allow my daughter to be buggered by some sick fat fracker... to the more benign, i'll eat bacon if I want to you towel wearing prick... yeah, i'll fight for that too...

The Truth

Some ways of life are worth fighting for and the reality is when you "tolerate" everything the only way of life that can persist is none, My country, America has the world hostage with a philosophy that makes the Nazis seem good, absolute freedom of the individual is the most dangerous idea that ever walked the Earth, it's much more like a kid on Springer snapping her fingers and telling her mom "i'll do what I want" after being caught having sex with 11 men on her 13th birthday.... a society can't survive this, there is no "glue" somewhere the govt decided that or allowed the concept that a "corporate and media/govt" culture would replace the collective cultures built over centuries and even millenia by people so we could all be one hodge podge of Mc Donalds Lovin it retard-ism.... But what we are is Fat repulsive culture-less idiots instead...

Race... hell yeah you can blend race

But not religion, not ideas or beliefs or ways of life or culture, if it's GOOD and works for people they hold onto it for a dear life and are willing to die for it...

If holding onto my "beliefs" is "Bigoted" than I want a T-shirt that says Bigot, this is the ONE, the ONE and only arena i'll give props to Islam on, they aren't readily walking away from their ideas and as dumb as I think they are, the truth is they wouldn't be coming here in droves to "change" us if we hadn't put our ridiculous philosophy into their world realistically that is true, much of this all is our govt thinking "if they kill radicals they will be more American" LOL

But I figure this is how we die, this is where we go down, to another version of dogma... you know all "evil ideologies" have this in common, they try to enforce it on others and eventually go down...

Not because of Bigotry, but because we failed to hold on to some... when in reality, we in trying not to be bigoted are the biggest Bigots of all because no one's Govt, no ones economic system no ones religion.... is as good as ours right? In the end that's the ULTIMATE Bigotry.

It's kind of insane really no? Every idea that anyone else has if it conflicts with other ideas has to be eliminated and everything has to be tolerated, that is saying.... everyone with an idea of their own has to be destroyed or eliminated which is so insanely Bigoted it's beyond comprehension, by it's very nature it requires the West and Democracy to take over the planet just like Islams ideology does...

And someone, some where, will shoot us for that one day....

We already live in an insane paranoid state because so many people want to kill us...

As the idiocy of our ideology has people supporting the rights of people who would for all intents and purposes eliminate their lifestyles and beliefs via vote over time, I expect after a very short period of Progressive behavior, the USA will much like Europe teter over to Fundamentalism again making us the most Dogmatic, Oppressive and Yes Bigoted force on the planet "forcing" a more modern nation to find a way to eliminate us...

My guess, it will be an Atheist/agnostic nation like China, not now... in a decade or two or three...

Until then, call me Bigot, because behaviors have consequences and i'll no more support moronic ideas or even accept them than I would be open minded about my kids smoking crack

Swag and

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: MrSpad

It is almost like nobody seems to notice the number one target of radical muslims are majority masses of moderate muslims.

Where are 'moderate muslims' being targetted by 'radical muslims'?

Or that the people who have fought radicals muslms longer and harder than anyone are moderate muslims.

Again, where?

What also is interesting is that by most of the worlds terrorism has been commited in and by Christian Latin America.

Where and when?

Its is just when racical christian cartel like the Knights Templar Cartel beheads and massacres people for some reason we do not call it terrorism and it gets no media coverage.

The Knights Templar Cartel are exacly what the name says; a drug cartel.
And their sole aim is to gain as much control of the drug trade and associated criminal activities as possible.
They have no desire to impose their interpretation of Christian based teachings upon the population.

Is it terrorism?

I guess it could be argued that it is, but it is quite a different form of terrorism than that which IS are committing.

Um there is this thing called google. You can use it to look up these a few little conflicts like one in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, Afganistan, Yemen, and Somalia to start with and what you will find is radical muslims being fought by moderate muslims. What we like to call terrorists goups for the most part are simply local groups with local goals to gain power in the area. Even most of ISIS, who by the way mostly have targeted and are being fought by moderate muslims, is in large part made up of local groups or militia who have local goals. We just lable the terrorist becuase they are Muslim.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

We just lable the terrorist becuase they are Muslim.

Well there's that ... and the fact they are prone to sawing off the living heads of their victims. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Um there is this thing called google. You can use it to look up these a few little conflicts.....

You made the claim that moderate Muslims are fighting the extremists throughout the M.E. - the onus is on you to supply the information to supply your claim - you're not new to this, you know how it works.

.....like one in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, Afganistan, Yemen, and Somalia to start with and what you will find is radical muslims being fought by moderate muslims.

Actually what you have in some of those places is extremist groups attacking the 'moderate' regimes who obviously attempt to defend themselves.
You also have individual groups of extremists attacking other groups of extremists - each believes their radical interpretation of Islam is the correct one and they have little or no tolerance for any other Islamic denominations.
And also you have the age old conflict between Sunni and Shia. That's not moderate versus extremist, its simply a case of good old fashioned sectarian bigotry taken to the extreme.
Then you have the likes of the Kurds who oppose the extremists because of their nationalist tendencies rather than any particular religious difference.

Its not quite as black and white as you want to portray it.

What we like to call terrorists goups for the most part are simply local groups with local goals to gain power in the area.

But they use terror as a tactic.

And IS differ - they have no other agenda other than imposing an fundamentalist Islamic Caliphate throughout the Muslim world.
And they are prepared to use the most extreme measures to achieve their goal.

Even most of ISIS, who by the way mostly have targeted and are being fought by moderate muslims, is in large part made up of local groups or militia who have local goals.

If that is true then it is a measure of the threat they pose - they have the ability to unite factions who were previously opposed to each other as they seek to establish their Caliphate.

Al-Qaeda oppose them - not because they find IS's tactics abhorrent or because they disagree with their objective, its because Al-Qaeda want to be the group that brings about and controls this new Caliphate.

Iran opposes IS - simply because they are Sunni and they are slaughtering Shia's.

The various militia's who oppose IS in Syria do so because thye want the power and the glory.

Nothing to do with moderates opposing extremists.

We just lable the terrorist becuase they are Muslim.

We label them terrorists because they are terrorists who happen to be Muslims - as are many other terrorists in the world today.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

The message is pretty sound. Muslims for the most part are good people it is a select few causing problems. Truth be told it is taking a page out of the progressive playbook to make it all about the man and not the message. Progressives and even conservatives want to make it all about the messenger so when they tear the messenger down the message will fall with it.

Bottom line this message for the most part is correct.

It's just that other tiny little bit that will cut our heads off and blow us up. That's why nobody gives a damn what Ben Affleck said or that it's the correct thing to think. Correct and right aren't the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This entire premise blows my mind. If I have this right Affleck is being called a Moron because he chooses to see people as individuals rather than painting with a broad brush and hating an entire religion?

The twisted irony involved here is that the so called Christians who invest their time hating Muslims for being Muslims are doing exactly what they accuse the Muslims of being guilty of.

Projection much?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Oh boy, are you way off on your definition of bigotry. An end to bigotry would NOT mean accepting pedophilia. An end to bigotry would NOT mean allowing people to be victims.

What bigotry means is intolerance of other people and ideas that do not harm anyone. Intolerance of killing and raping and stealing is NOT considered bigotry. Being intolerant of someone simply because of the color of their skin, or who they love as consenting adults, or because they worship a different god than you IS bigotry.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This entire premise blows my mind. If I have this right Affleck is being called a Moron because he chooses to see people as individuals rather than painting with a broad brush and hating an entire religion?

The twisted irony involved here is that the so called Christians who invest their time hating Muslims for being Muslims are doing exactly what they accuse the Muslims of being guilty of.

Projection much?

When we have people going on TV news networks saying they see it as you either you convert them or kill them and realize that was a Christian saying that while no one at the network says ...err...wait a minute. Well, irony is nothing new with that group it is just sad they don't realize it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I Think OP has no idea how much is 1.6 billion.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Oh boy, are you way off on your definition of bigotry. An end to bigotry would NOT mean accepting pedophilia. An end to bigotry would NOT mean allowing people to be victims.

What bigotry means is intolerance of other people and ideas that do not harm anyone. Intolerance of killing and raping and stealing is NOT considered bigotry. Being intolerant of someone simply because of the color of their skin, or who they love as consenting adults, or because they worship a different god than you IS bigotry.

Fine then it is NOT bigoted to be opposed to the spread of Islam, because A: It represses the rights of women and yes where I come from there are age limits that define certain behavior as RAPE and MOLESTATION B: Yes the foundation does call for killing ranging from crimes that are as small as adultery or even just leaving the faith

So Thank you I guess i'm not a bigot in this regard at least

and NO you are wrong I printed above the Websters definition of BIGOTRY and it defines Bigotry as hate for belief not skin which is Racism so please don't make your own Americana definitions for things, last I checked in our PC word and history change agenda the dictonary was still the frackin dictonary

And for the record i'm a Bigot against those who "worship God" period and I think it's a fair bigotry because as a person I wouldn't feel safe around someone who worshiped the Easter bunny either, i'm in it for the species and I say people who spend their time and aggression as well into practices based on superstition rather than science are a direct and imminent threat to the other few Billion of us who are not over populating, uneducated, and operating from a pov of utter nonsense
edit on 6-10-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join