It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Affleck is a moron and I hope he sees this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I believe the reason why some other head chopping lunatics have been missing from the spot light is - there are so bloody many terror groups! And when looking at the list of all the terror groups in the world, it really is dominated by muslim groups.

The sad story is, muslim world is boiling, because they need to reform, but nobody there does not really want that.

list of terror groups

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think his bottom line message is correct. Non radicals of every religion are always silenced by those that are radicals. Why would the Muslim religion be any different? Christians and Muslims are almost one in the same for how they are seen based on the radicals. They are seen as hateful, judgemental and hypocritical. While the majority of those who follow each religion are not. People don't say that the KKK are the faces of Christianity, so why would people say that terrorists are the faces of Muslims? It's not often that I support the Batffleck. But I certainly do in this situation.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom
People should be allowed to follow any primitive, dead faith they choose.

However I would look for some better samples in the Quran, as they are ONLY allowed to murder other murder"s (I.e. soldiers ) and those who bring corruption to the land I.e. america.

Christians arent supposed to kill under any circumstance, but tell that to an 18 year old marine raised strictly baptist.

Religions are only ONE excuse people use to kill eachother, dispose of it and another reason appears.

Islam shouldnt even be in this debate, nore christian.

We have only entered into an endless cycle of hate and killing. In the end of this , no one will even know why we fought, ... while the true powers behind it count their money.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: TSOM87

If the typical liberal is able to realize that the problem is people, not religions, and is willing to point out how Islam has been demonized.....then sign me up!

Religious Doctrine that preaches Brutality and Separation is a very big problem. Saudia Arabia being a prime example. As long as this continues to be practiced, Islam will allways be seen by people as Evil and Wicked, or as you and your new club would call it, being Demonized.

It has become far too dangerous to be polite(ignorant) and leave religion out of the discussion.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

All I know is, if I believed in Islam and saw all the killings, stonings, mutilations, threats against non=believers and how they enslave their women, I would drop that belief like a bad habit. I don't know how anyone can support a religion that engages in such slavery and evil acts.

I was raised Catholic, and saw the hypocrisy in it before priests were found to be molesting young boys. I no longer practice that faith and refuse to follow any other religion for the mere fact that they deceive and want to control their followers. They too have all prosecuted and tortured non-believers in the past. To believe that religion was established by a loving God whose "holy scriptures" could cause men to kill, torture, rape, judge and wage war, is believing in something that certainly does not come from a loving and forgiving God.

Before you support non-radical Islamists, take what is actually written in the Quran and than ask yourself if a loving and forgiving God would condone such things.

Sixteen Reasons Why Islam is not a Religion of Peace

edit on 5-10-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't see why the straight truth doesn't just be spoken, it's not terrorism Americans worry about, maybe to a 10% degree of the problem.

The reality is, we live in a nation where it took a century or two to control religious fundamentalism, witch burnings, prohibition, draconian laws, control over peoples personal behaviors, so much crap... and finally, finally we are slowly, slooooooowly starting to become a progressive nation in some spots....

And along come these guys... from Africa and the ME, even what passes for "moderate" and speaks polite on the news, repression of women and sexuality, sets of laws and rules to be used by everyone or...terrorist bomb or not they throw a fit...

The real reason, religion is RETARDED, while the Chinese will have kids doing algebra on Sundays and after school, for us it will be more religious studies, destroying our economy and will it yes, pork gone, alcohol gone, most of the fashion industry gone, more bs schools teaching against evolution in place of some superstitious puke, further declines in science and math...

For petes sake, we just managed to push out OUR religious conservatives to a good degree and even so the govt can't do Crap because the congress and senate are still filled with these crackers...

Now lets ship in Millions more...

These guys vote for crying out loud, that's the real islamic Bomb, life is going to suck "eventually" over time it grows like the waste of human life white kid from Britain above who thinks his life is going to get better by worshiping a freaking rock instead of getting a brain in his head...

Reality most Islamics are nice, so are most Christian... Face to face, very polite... but back biting controlling law passing control freaks by Ideology

So terrorism is bs, who cares... The only damage it does is let more "moderate" (mildly less insane) religious nuts get sympathy, sympathy to be left alone to import family members, convert people and the VOTE, vote every god damn liberty of freedom of action we have out of existence...

Say goodbye to birth control and hello to eating like you live in a frackin desert, say goodbye to science in the classroom and after school and hello to studying absolute bs, say goodbye to a competitive economy and hello to falling behind (further) in the modern world, count on wars to continue but the sides changing in 20 years or so to nations who used to be your friends and great places to go on vacation, forget a drink on a holiday and so, so much more.... so many Billion dollar industries will be ruined can't be counted.... people like world of Warcraft, world of Mohammed the game will suck because you can't even visualize the stupid prophet.

I'm not talking about tomorrow, just over time....

And let me say seriously, this WILL be the end of America, it's very reminiscent of the fall of Rome, pagans out the wazoo flocking in...

We wont be friends with anyone worth being friends with in the world if we wax fundamentalist again , with science and math in the toilet and religion out of the closet we will be vastly technologically surpassed very quickly by more modern nations, particularly in East Asia and the war we don' win wont be far away after that, lots of nations hold grudges against us already, Parts of China already look like their cities are 50 years ahead of us, smart sane Atheist/agnostics with a strong social order that religion will Never circumvent...

Leader of the 3rd world is who we will be if we allow what is going on... and that's leading the WRONG side, Mohammed/Jesus/Moses/Cat in the Hat/Easter Bunny/Pedo Bear... None of these religious leaders will actually "show up" and save anyone lol, but the remaining nations that hold out will have Robots and Death rays etc, whatever have you....

Azzfleck is an Idiot, so is every other liberal who doesn't realize what their childrens lives will be like, drink your god damn bear, screw your hot wife, be Batman you stupid prick.... Your grand kids wont enjoy these things and "Batman" will be the same movie everytime lol... he blows up Wayne Manor for Islam and dies lol....

I laugh at people in here who talk about civil war

But honestly the reason you always see Conservative politicians doing things like Mc Cain with Isis, or us with the Taliban back in the day.... it's because they secretly agree with this bs and the midwest slowly fills with more animals... birds of a feather flock together.

This will end in civil war, inevitably the rest of us are going to have to put the religious right down like a sick dog

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Where was radical Islam before the Afghanistan war with Russia?

Or before the advent of Wahhabism?

Or before the colonialization of Arab countries by European conquest?

Or the advent of Israel?

Amazing its mainly in Arab countries who are enemies of Israel where this radical Jihadism has come from

And also the ONLY Muslim country that has a nuclear bomb has radical Islamic issues, Pakistan.

Look at all the Muslim countries in the world

Mauritania 99.9% 3,083,772
Maldives 99.9% 348,756
Western Sahara 99.8% 272,461
Somalia 99.5% 8,548,670
Turkey 99% 68,963,953
Iran 99% 67,337,681
Algeria 99% 32,206,534
Afghanistan 99% 29,629,697
Yemen 99% 20,519,792
Tunisia 99% 9,974,201
Oman 99% 2,971,567
Comoros 99% 664,534
Djibouti 99% 471,935
Morocco 98.7% 32,300,410
Iraq 97% 25,292,658

Libya 97% 5,592,596
Pakistan 96.35% 156,491,617
Saudi Arabia 95.7% 25,281,642
Tajikistan 95% 6,805,330
Jordan 95% 5,471,745
Qatar 95% 819,898
Senegal 94% 10,459,222
Azerbaijan 93.4% 7,389,783
Egypt 91% 70,530,237
Mali 90% 11,062,376
Niger 90% 10,499,343
Gambia 90% 1,433,930
Uzbekistan 89% 23,897,563
Turkmenistan 89% 4,407,352
Indonesia 88.22% 213,469,356
Bangladesh 88% 127,001,272
Syria 88% 16,234,901
Guinea 85% 8,047,686
Kuwait 85% 1,985,300
Bahrain 85% 585,093
Palestine 84% 3,159,999
Kyrgyzstan 80% 4,117,024
United Arab Emirates 76% 1,948,041
Lebanon 70% 2,678,212
Albania 70% 2,494,178
Brunei 67% 249,481
Sudan 65% 26,121,865
Malaysia 60.4% 14,467,694
Sierra Leone 60% 3,610,585
Burkina Faso 55% 7,658,922
Chad 54% 5,306,266
Nigeria 50% 64,385,994
Eritrea 50% 2,280,799
Ethiopia 47.5% 34,700,310
Kazakhstan 47% 7,137,346
Look at this list it appears the only countries with radical Islam problems are the ones involved in wars over the years: Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya (since the US invaded it) Saudi and Yemen (since the first Iraq war) and Somalia and those nuts (Boko Haram) in Nigeria,

And now ISIS…. You’re talking about only one country, Iran, where a “radical” Islamic (Shiite) government is.

There are over 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. Look at these countries and you will get a perspective of this issue/

edit on 5-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The King James Bible supports the stoning of children.
The Quran doesnt.

Supports the rape of woman who the Jews conquer

And all other crimes that you will never find in the Quran.

The Quran ONLY advocates violence in the context of the self-defensive wars against Muslims by non belivers 1400 years ago not non belivers of all times.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It is almost like nobody seems to notice the number one target of radical muslims are majority masses of moderate muslims.

Where are 'moderate muslims' being targetted by 'radical muslims'?

Or that the people who have fought radicals muslms longer and harder than anyone are moderate muslims.

Again, where?

What also is interesting is that by most of the worlds terrorism has been commited in and by Christian Latin America.

Where and when?

Its is just when racical christian cartel like the Knights Templar Cartel beheads and massacres people for some reason we do not call it terrorism and it gets no media coverage.

The Knights Templar Cartel are exacly what the name says; a drug cartel.
And their sole aim is to gain as much control of the drug trade and associated criminal activities as possible.
They have no desire to impose their interpretation of Christian based teachings upon the population.

Is it terrorism?

I guess it could be argued that it is, but it is quite a different form of terrorism than that which IS are committing.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

Sure, religion is part of the equation, but just the radical elements. It would be completely wrong for us to say all Muslims are bad because of the actions of the extreme. That is what Affleck was saying and he is correct.

or as you and your new club would call it

What club is that? Did I finally get accepted to the country club? Sweet! Cigars on me.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Looking at everyone of those countries i'll gladly identify the commonality...

They all suck, by environment, government, famine and conflict and these are the kind of places Religious Cult leaders prey upon... the desperate who have nothing and nothing left to do but pray to an imaginary being because their lives are Hopeless.

Watch anyone in times Square trying to convert young runaway and you understand what this, it's predatory by nature and preys upon the desperate. Religion is the science of brainwashing.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Who likes those guys?

The only defense of Islam is that Christianity is retarded too...

AGREED, now please continue on killing each other so the rest of us can live please.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Religion is something that was meant to give people hope.
It is the people, I think, that have changed that. People want absolute in their lives. And for someone to say that their God is better changes the idea of absolute-ness in their religion. All religions have faults, I know that they do. And people follow their selected religion or lack of religion for their own reasons. And often times people pick and choose what to follow in their religion. So just because someone follows the Muslim religion, doesn't mean that they follow every aspect of it. Ask someone who is a Muslim and lives in the U.S. I would be willing to bet that their Muslim religion is different than the Muslim religion practiced in the Middle East. Not every person is the same, we are from different molds. It isn't fair to say that every person who follows a religion is the same.
As an example: I'm Wiccan. Wicca has gotten quite the bad reputation. It's seen as creepy, and even seen as Devil worship. In fact some people will say that they are Wiccan and worship the Devil. But Wiccans don't even believe in the Devil. There are so many different strands to every religion, and so many people people follow those different strands. It just isn't fair to judge someone until you've talked to that person individually. You know?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

People don't say that the KKK are the faces of Christianity, so why would people say that terrorists are the faces of Muslims?

You know, I've seen this posted several times recently.....and its nonsense.

Its impossible to compare KKK with IS.

Even at its most popular KKK never had any level of control over any area of the USA or anywhere else.
IS control large areas of Syria and Iraq and are seeking to extend their control and influence using any means possible.

Its like comparing a cockroach to a plague of locusts.

Yes, KKK and IS are, or were, both odious organisations but the threat posed by both are hardly comparable.

The FACT remains that IS are perceived by a growing number of Muslims as the true interpretation of Islam and they support them in their aim to establish a Caliphate and enforce Sharia.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

People don't say that the KKK are the faces of Christianity, so why would people say that terrorists are the faces of Muslims?

You know, I've seen this posted several times recently.....and its nonsense.

Its impossible to compare KKK with IS.

Even at its most popular KKK never had any level of control over any area of the USA or anywhere else.
IS control large areas of Syria and Iraq and are seeking to extend their control and influence using any means possible.

Its like comparing a cockroach to a plague of locusts.

Yes, KKK and IS are, or were, both odious organisations but the threat posed by both are hardly comparable.

The FACT remains that IS are perceived by a growing number of Muslims as the true interpretation of Islam and they support them in their aim to establish a Caliphate and enforce Sharia.

It's not saying that the groups can be compared. It's saying that we can't say that a group of people speak for many. We don't say that the KKK spoke/speak for every person who follows the Christian faith because that would be ridiculous to say. So why can't it be the same for terrorists? I would be willing to bet that the Muslims that live in the villages and towns that terrorists are blowing up HATE those people. They don't want to be seen in that kind of light because that isn't them.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It's not saying that the groups can be compared. It's saying that we can't say that a group of people speak for many.

But IS do speak for many.
Granted not all, but definitely many.

We don't say that the KKK spoke/speak for every person who follows the Christian faith because that would be ridiculous to say. So why can't it be the same for terrorists?

Because the terrorists believe that they represent true Islam - and a growing number of Muslims agree with them.

And its interesting to read what those Muslims who have spoken out against IS have actually had to say.
Yes, they condemn much of the barbarity etc......but they don't disagree or condemn the stated goal of IS of bringing about a Caliphate governed by Sharia law.

I know its impossible to know for sure but I wonder how many Muslims would have condemned IS if they hadn't publicly executed those hostages in such a vile manner?
If they'd kept to killing Kurds, 'apostates', minority sects, Shia's etc would we have seen as many 'moderate' western based Sunni clerics condemning the killings?

I would be willing to bet that the Muslims that live in the villages and towns that terrorists are blowing up HATE those people. They don't want to be seen in that kind of light because that isn't them.

Yes, I'm sure some do.....so why aren't they taking up arms and opposing them?
I'd hazard a guess that its because quite a few Muslims in areas that IS control actually do support the attempts to establish a new caliphate.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Notice that no one has yet to offer any evidence to the contrary that Ben Affleck is a complete tool...

This Myth is confirmed, irregardless of religious debate, Ben Affleck is a complete tool.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
Notice that no one has yet to offer any evidence to the contrary that Ben Affleck is a complete tool...

Kind of hard to refute the compelling evidence presented in Team America.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I agree with Ben. The Muslim people have been sacrificed at the alter of the corporate pigs.

Our overreactions and broad brushing since 9/11 are and have been shameful.

Take heed, those of you who practice other religions or hold other beliefs. You may be next.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It would be completely wrong for us to say all Muslims are bad because of the actions of the extreme. That is what Affleck was saying and he is correct.

Thats not what they are saying. What they are saying is Liberals have turned a blind eye from the Islamic world and its politics, while pointing the finger at Christianity and the sort, and that many millions of Muslims hold beliefs that conflict with Libralism. Thats the core of the discussion. But Affleck see it like more like a crusade against Islam and it's Muslims.

I don't see where Ben Affleck is right? All i see him doing is being your typical Ignorant Hollywood lefty when put on the spot.

What club is that?

The one you wanted to sign up with, look at your first Reply to me.

edit on 5-10-2014 by TSOM87 because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join