It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Ebola Patient's Possible Contacts Now Reach 100

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Don't be silly...
These CDC guys are all like hard core Pros man...,

These people are being monitored for fever? Is that by phone? Or visit? Are they using ankle bracelets or something?

There using a Ouija board... it's good one too, came right from Mattel ya know...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Because when Ebola does present the patient is very sick very quickly. They are certainly not bar hopping. Time after time we've read that these folks go to the emergency room. People don't check into a hospital because they have a minor fever or a tickle in the throat. They go to the hospital because they are very ill. So no . No one who gets this is going to willy nilly spread it around. reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Actually, did that the first day I heard it was in Texas.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No they don't guess or play dice. They know exactly how it's spread and when it's contagious. Gosh you think that monkeys run the zoo. That's not the case. These people are the smartest. The best. They don't recruit from the detention hall or special ed classrooms. st=18485905]incoserv[/post]

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

again... Two days after he was sent home by hospital staff, the man was seen vomiting on the ground outside an apartment complex and was bundled into an ambulance.

Puking his guts out on the sidewalk sure sounds like he was showing more than just minor symptoms

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I never mentioned any minor symptoms. I said they get very sick very quickly. Perhaps you can point out where you thought you saw that I said minor and then read my post again. a reply to: HardCorps

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
No they don't guess or play dice. They know exactly how it's spread and when it's contagious. Gosh you think that monkeys run the zoo. That's not the case. These people are the smartest. The best. They don't recruit from the detention hall or special ed classrooms. st=18485905]incoserv[/post]

But how long until another infected person presents themselves to an ER and is given antibiotics for a virus and sent home.

These people are the smartest

Too bad those folks don't work in the ER, where these infected folks show up....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

No one who gets this is going to willy nilly spread it around.

So the guy puking outside the apartment bldg is not willy nilly? Is it something else?

A person walking in the grass outside the building steps in the vomit, it only takes a speck.... let's say he is six years old... he goes home and takes his shoes off (vomitus now on his hands, unknown to him or his parents) ... then he puts his hands in his mouth.
No chance he could get infected?

edit on bu312014-10-02T12:53:32-05:0012America/ChicagoThu, 02 Oct 2014 12:53:32 -050012u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

he traveled on the 19 th. He got sick on the 24th. It's not a mystery. The doctors do know. They're not guessing or taking a gamble.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
He was not bar hopping was he? No he was so sick that someone called an ambulance. He was so sick he went to get someone to help him. He was even too sick to just stay in bed. No that's not Willy nilly. Why are you so hell bent on arguing with me? Do you secretly want this to be worse than it is? Do you think I'm trying to down play this? What? It's not like I'm making up things. a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why the need to write a story? Did a six year old step in the vomit? Did said child then infect the whole first grade? Why not stick with things that really happened. a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Or his dog could lick his shoes, then lick the kid.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Is "Got News" a legitimate source? If so, they somehow got hold of Patient Z's travel itinerary.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
These people are being monitored for fever? Is that by phone? Or visit? Are they using ankle bracelets or something?

How do they know some of these people aren't slipping out in the night and hopping bars?

How are people with families dealing with this?

Wife on phone: "You say he may have been exposed to Ebola and you are sending him home?"

(looks at kids) "Are you freaking kidding me??!"

The plain sad truth folks is that the best medical centers in the US just don't want you to infect them. "Reverse Isolation" is their solution to keeping their expensive care centers open. In Africa the resources were lacking. Over here they cost too much.

The only thing I can say about this is that there are cops at the apartment complex who are monitoring who's coming and going. Orange cones are blocking the entrance and are only removed by them.

But the girlfriend is taking her own temperature and caring for herself. Hopefully, the CNN segment about the CDC not coming to grab the bedding and towels will get their a**** in gear!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Coulda woulda shoulda. But that's just a story. It didn't happen. a reply to: drwill

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I found it on NBC news. a reply to: drwill

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
This state's quite clearly that he traveled on the 19th and didn't get sick until the 24th. No one at the airport or in the bathroom or handling his luggage were at risk.

He was sick before then. He didn't suddenly show massive symptoms on the 24th that prompted him to go to the hospital. He had to have symptoms to some degree before that. AND the virus CAN be spread even if symptoms aren't showing. It does happen.

This guy knew he was most likely sick when he got on that airplane to come here. Liberia is going to prosecute him .. if he survives. I agree with their prosecution.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No it's not contagious prior to symptoms showing. There is plenty of information about the disease out there for those who want it. Symptoms don't begin gradually. They come on hard and fast and if he was sick on the 19 by the next day he would have been very very sick. There was no risk to the people he traveled with. He didn't get sick until at least four days later. reply to: FlyersFan

edit on PMu31u10104053312014-10-02T13:53:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: frocking auto correct.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This guy knew Most likely???
Let me ask you this. Why do you even want to entertain thoughts that this is worse than it already is? a reply to: FlyersFan

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join