It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Ebola Patient's Possible Contacts Now Reach 100

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ABC News

The circle of people who have come into contact with Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan is rapidly expanding, jumping from 18 to 80 early today and then leaping to 100, according to Texas health officials.

"Out of an abundance of caution, we're starting with this very wide net, including people who have had even brief encounters with the patient or the patient's home," Texas Department of State Health Services spokesperson Carrie Wilson said in a statement. "The number will drop as we focus in on those whose contact may represent a potential risk of infection."

Yesterday it was two, the four then 12 or possibly 18?

Duncan flew from Liberia to Brussels on Sept. 19. He continued to Washington’s Dulles Airport, before flying to the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport on a United Airlines flight.

you know this is all starting to sound like they really don't know how many people he came in contact with or how long he was contagious?
From his flight plan alone he could have spread this in Europe Washington and all over Central Texas...

I'm no expert but in all those outbreak TV shows and Movies doesn't it always start with that one guy they call patient zero?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And so it begins..
2nd

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Betchya that's not counting the people in the airplanes he flew in or the airports he walked through. That's not counting the people who used the bathroom after he did at the airports. That's not counting the people he bumped into or stood in line next to in the airports. That's not counting the luggage handlers who touched his luggage after he did. That's not counting the people who held onto the handrail or touched the doorknobs after he did in the hospital. That's not counting the people who sat in his chair in the ER after he was sitting there the first time in the hospital. etc etc

That's not counting a lot of people.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Not trying to be a dick, but I think we need to start thinking about consolidating some of these ebola threads together. We just had a thread earlier today about the number reaching 80 contacts, and now we have one for 100. What's next 120 and so on? I think we should just add this additional information to the other threads already going, but that's just my take on the matter or we will get too many threads and it will get too tricky to follow all the information.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Or has it already begun?
right now
CDC: Isolated patient in Honolulu doesn't fit Ebola profile
but if that title is true...Then why are they testing him for Ebola anyway????

something sounds a bit off ... if ya know what I mean

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder if they would tell us if he had a job... making salads in a restaurant?

The next infectious person might have a job like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Naw... your right...
at this rate the numbers will be rising exponentially and all the news outlets will headline all those new numbers.
might be impossible to keep up ya know

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

Or has it already begun?
right now
CDC: Isolated patient in Honolulu doesn't fit Ebola profile
but if that title is true...Then why are they testing him for Ebola anyway????

something sounds a bit off ... if ya know what I mean
I hear this whole thing stinks to high heaven. I just wonder if it might mutate to a airborne virus here in America due to our "Melting pot" of races and genes?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I dont understand why you guys are still posting and not getting to the grocery store ahead of the mobs.

link   

I had that talk with my wife last night... She's an ER Nurse and by the way... here in Colorado they just went through this huge CDC sponsored training deal for healthcare workers...

Anyway she was telling me Viruses like these are always mutating... She said the this strain might just turn into something totally harmless or into the worse thing we've ever seen in human history.

her point being they we can't trust the talking heads on TV when they claim there's no danger... it's more of a crapshoot where just hope you don't roll snake-eyes.

link   
Didn't this guy show up at the hospital and was sent home..WTF.
It is supposedly not contageous till symptomatic so the ride home may have been safe..when did he show symptoms is the question? and why a sick traveller from Liberia would not of gotten a closer look at the hospital is borderline incompetent.
edit on 2-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The woman whose house the Dallas patient stayed in has contacted the CDC to inquire about what do about the bedding, etc. She has not heard from them. They did initially tell her to stay at home. Although saying they would stop by daily, they haven't. She hasn't been told anything about contaminated materials.

So with 1000s of employees and millions in the payroll at the CDC, one employee can't call and give instructions?

America's federal system is so screwed up.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
From the get-go it seemed that the contact list was incredibly small and would grow. I've been catching up
on my reading, and it's been reported that Patient Z's gf has not received clean up instructions for pillow cases and such. What about the body fluids in her front yard? Any dogs running around the neighborhood?

Dogs can get infected. The virus is present in their saliva. Dogs lick each other and their humans. Of course, that's the least of the worries.
www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The thing that actually scares me about it being here, is what happens when "that guy" gets it.

You know him, we have at least one with everything, including AIDS

He who hates everyone.

So he "shares" with as many people as he can.

THAT is what worries me.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
I dont understand why you guys are still posting and not getting to the grocery store ahead of the mobs.

Already did. Oh ... and I placed an order with our long term storage company. Just a 'small' one to do some extra prepping. I got an email back saying that they have an unusually high volume of orders and that they wont' be able to start processing my order for at least two weeks. That's crazy! I usually have my order delivered in two weeks ... not 'we'll get to starting it in two weeks'. A lot of folks are prepping up.

So should we place bets on how many people they'll be monitoring tomorrow? We started the day with something like 20 and we are now up to 100.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

I was just there and I live in Dallas. No mobs. But it might get crazy if more people become infected. It's good to go and get everything you need, though. The girlfriend of the Ebola patient was given a sandwich last night from the Red Cross but no one has bothered to stop by today. That's disgusting!! The poor woman needs to eat!

So, yeah...Going to the grocery store might be a good idea now (before you get quarantined!)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The conditioning to accept this thing has been out there for ages. The Strain and Contagion of recent have been adding fuel to the paranoid fire. The Strain concludes next week - imagine that! Outbreak comes to mind as well, but that was a 90s Dustin Hoffman tour de force so most people didn't take "are you trying to seduce me mrs. robinson" to heart. The timing of the Strain is incredible though, you have to admit.

I've said it all on the threads of Ebola on ATS...ITS BEEN HERE. This is a manmade thing, and it just didn't get to the states. Whatever they tell us they knew damn well its been here at least a year. Think of timing versus release of information. AIDS was killing white boys in 1978 but nothing was really said publicly until around 1981 in the independent press. What we have is a combination of dishonesty from our government, corporations, and news outlets to provoke fear and panic so they can declare marshall law, or some other restrictive repressive bull#.

Ebola, is looking just like the AIDS Pandemic to me. People are going on and on about "countries not giving Africa help" but face facts - AFRICA HAS BEEN THE TESTING GROUND FOR THESE AGENTS SINCE DAY ONE. Like AIDS, Ebola has been specifically targeted for a certain demographic, and like AIDS it will mutate in kind with a little help from the lab. Think of how AIDS went out there and eventually was mutated and the conspiracies and proven facts around it. France had a cure and the US sued them to prevent them from releasing it. My father still argues they were experimenting with it on them in the Nam with it.

If people think this just "happened", they need to check the Tuskeegee Experiment, and look at the protocols behind the AIDS drugs in the 1960s first. Look at why they go and drop these things on black people first, and then spread it out to the rest once its been perfected. (AIDS is an anomaly, the white gay guys getting it was really to kill their movement and eradicate their protesting in public but that is another story and France proved the strain they got was genetically different than the ones black people were infected with).

Wash rinse and repeat people.

Remember the alleged Patient Zero AIDS guy. He was flying all over the place too right????

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I didn't know he had a girlfriend???
as far as her bedding goes I think she should be more worried about having his bodily fluids in her--- than on the sheets???

god help the neighbors if she's one those huggy-kissy types too!

edit on 2-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So should we place bets on how many people they'll be monitoring tomorrow? We started the day with something like 20 and we are now up to 100.

Put me down for $20 You know I'm good for it... as for how high the numbers will go???
Let me think... 250 to 300 on a normal sized plane, he was on three flights so round that up to 900 not counting the people he bumped into on the concourse of hung out with while in Texas... Put me down for an even 1200

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Duncan was in Dallas visiting his girlfriend, Liberian community leader Stanley Gaye said.Among the people he encountered: his girlfriend's five children, Gaye said.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join