It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failing our veterans: We cannot leave US Marine Tahmooressi behind in Mexico

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Amen brother...
not only did he get into the wrong lane... he calls 911 as soon as he realizes what happened and asked them to help.
I too have been at several borders crossings if I remember right the one in National City, south of San Diego does have a pull out/turn around right there at the border... but you better be in the far left lane to get to it and if there's a long line, the other drivers aren't going to let you into that left lane...

Now for a couple of updates.

LA Times

Royce and Rep. Matt Salmon (R-Ariz.) said they have discussed the Tahmooressi case with Mexican Atty. Gen. Jesus Murillo Karam.

Karam suggested he will order the charges dropped if Tahmooressi's PTSD is confirmed by Mexican psychologists, the two congressmen told a hearing of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere.

Well... that's a good thing but it should never have gotten this far or lasted this long...

Several members of Congress criticized President Obama for not calling the president of Mexico to ask him to free Tahmooressi.

"I would say: 'Mr. President, we have a man down. Pick up a phone and do your job,'" said Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.).

You guys expect President Obama to actually do his job then make sure he has call phone handy while he's out on the golf course...geez

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

And it has been been shown that he had used this port of entry that very same day and a couple times before that.
How could you take the wrong exit and not know where you are going when less then 24 hours ago you had already been through it??
We do not have all the facts of this story, we have his side of the story

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Traffic patterns change...
He may have been on that same road before but with light traffic he would have been able to turn around... get stuck in heavy traffic and he might have been forced to follow the flow....with no way out

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

So now it was a wrong turn, sign obscured and low light cause it was night and heavy traffic preventing him from turning around. At least now we can stop saying he had 0 chance to turn around since there is a lane to turn around.
And are not forced to drive with the flow, to assume that no one would let him over to the lane is highly speculative and can not be used as a reason why he could not get to the lane. Seen countless people force them selves in lanes when they need to get some where.
This guy knew where he was going, and when he got caught, he made up some excuse.
Can we find a timeline of how long it took for him to call 911 after he crossed?

He was breaking laws on both sides of the border why are we bending over backwards to avoid those facts
Oh cause he served out country in a war, makes sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Can we find a timeline of how long it took for him to call 911 after he crossed?

According to the LA Times:

In a story headlined "Ex-Marine did not enter Mexico by mistake," Ines Garcia Ramos reported that around 10:30 p.m. on March 31, as Tahmooressi began to drive into Mexico, border officers who noticed a mattress and other large items in his truck waved him over to an inspection area, where his weapons were discovered during a search. Contrary to his assertion that he stopped to ask how to return to the U.S., she wrote, he appeared to be driving away from the border. (After his guns were discovered, he called 911, telling an American operator he had crossed the border "by accident ... and they're trying to take my guns from me.")

www.latimes.com...=1
edit on 2-10-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Good deal, just had read somewhere in here that it was an hour later, but my searches could not find anything close to that, all agrees with that you put above.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Could have been an hour if the border was busy. When I crossed the border moving up here, I was there for like 8 hours, about an hour was waiting for them to get to our caravan, the rest was showing them all our guns and my swords, and filling out paperworks.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
People are capable of making mistakes, you see.
Once he made his mistake, there was no turning back, due to the concrete barriers.(Not traffic)
I don't understand why people are not giving this guy the slightest leeway about accidentally using the wrong ramp.

edit on 2-10-2014 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Even assuming his BS story of taking a wrong turn is true, the even bigger mistake was lieing about it at the border, and being caught in that lie by the search.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Still don't understand..why when a foreigner breaks American laws....they must be enforced at all costs.

An American breaks another countries laws...give them a break.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Because it has been shown that he had been through that port multiple times, so he should have been familiar with the area.
Why does this man get so much leeway for breaking the law? He was breaking the law on the us side for how he was carrying his weapon

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Still don't understand..why when a foreigner breaks American laws....they must be enforced at all costs.

An American breaks another countries laws...give them a break.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Don't try to hard to figure it out, it hurts your head.
It has been asked multiple times and no one seems to have a good answer

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

There's a very good reason. American hegemony. That seems to be falling apart though.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
All your government wants is for you to shut up and do as they say. They don't actuually care about your wants, needs and happiness. If there is nothing in it for them, they won't bother, which seems to be the case here. Land of the free!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just responding to the OP title. We are not leaving him behind...Obama is. He won't even call the Mexican President and ask for the man's release. Why? He hates the military and cares more about his image than a hero's life. I will do my best to counter his insane opinions at the next election.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So since he broke the law but is a vet obama has to ask for his release?
He was breaking the law on both us and mexican land, why does that need to be over looked.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Just responding to the OP title. We are not leaving him behind...Obama is. He won't even call the Mexican President and ask for the man's release. Why?

Why should he?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Nobody has the right to be excused of their misdeeds "because they served their country." Warfare is a racket and it is not my freedom that soldiers fight for. The US would literally never go to war if there was not money to be made by doing so.

I read that some people say he has PTSD. That right there is a BIG reason why he should never be allowed near a gun in the first place. Then the location, coupled with three guns, one close range primary, one medium/close range primary, and a sidearm? He was already breaking laws inside the US to begin with and he messed up by going into Mexican territory.

Did the guy even stop and think, "I'm at the Mexican border with a bunch of illegal firearms in my truck, maybe I should be careful or better yet LEAVE and not be near the border of Mexico with a bunch of illegal firearms..?" He obviously doesn't have much common sense.

From the Mexican viewpoint it looks like he was trying to get some guns across the border. If he's set free it should be because they forgive him and don't suspect him of intentionally performing any illegal actions, not because he's an ex-soldier. The fact that so many people are willing to overlook a persons behavior just because they "fought for freedom, hurr durr murrica," should be enough to make any sensible adult cringe.

Forgive my mockery of US citizens, being a US citizen for a quarter of a century has shown me everything that is wrong with this country.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
I can't believe the comments here on ATS As a vet i'm pissed off.A Marine who put is life on the line is left in a mexican prison because he could not turn around while mexican army troops routinely illegally cross our borders with weapons."he broke mex laws" What about our border our laws.? Some of the members here are starting to sound like the POS in the dark house.Who hates our veterans,families our way of life...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

As I said earlier, Oswald was a Marine. Do we excuse him for whacking JFK because of that?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join