It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failing our veterans: We cannot leave US Marine Tahmooressi behind in Mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I think that he was in high level talks with leaders of Mexican drug cartels and ISIS leaders in hopes to arm both groups to invade the united states.

After his outstanding military service (an obvious ruse to build a credible cover story) he returns to the states and contacts his ISIS/Cartel handlers to start funneling arms to both groups in Mexico.

It's obvious to anyone who watches FOX News, as we all know the drug cartels are transporting hundreds of millions of ISIS terrorists across the border every single second of the day.

Oh and Ebola bombs, something with Ebola bombs. Man, I gotta stop watching so much FOX News.
edit on 1012014 by bhliberal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

If you actually pay attention to Mexican affairs in Mexico they've been battling drug lords armed with American weapons and backed by Americans secretly.

m.thenewamerican.com... artel-exposed-as-partners&utm_referrer=#2472

I say let him face Mexican justice. Mexico is a sovereign nation and he knowingly broke their laws. Just being a soldier does not make you a hero automatically nor should it give you immunity to the law (it doesn't in America only in foreign countries) It's time we stopped playing that card.

Mexico battling drug lords?? There border patrol is in bed with the drug lords!! Give me a break!! Oh like hell it doesn't!! in America its called ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION !!! THERE IS not a damn thing LEGAL about Mexican gang members sneaking in this country and raping and killing people!! Yet we do nothing!! Or bringing lethal diseases here!! Let the punishment fit the crime!!!!

He did not knowingly enter Mexico!!!! He told them that and that he was concerned because he had weapons!!!! As much as corrupt Mexican President has sucked off the teet of America they owe us this!!!!

You need to get off your self righteous high horse and use your brain!! Are you saying because an AMERICAN ACCIDENTALLY DROVE INTO MEXICO WITH GUNS THAT HE PROCLAIMED TO BORDER PATROL, this justifies torture an inhumane treatment??

Let's hope you never make a mistake in your life!!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus
How come you buy his side of the story? Does it really sound reasonable to you, that the man accidentally crossed the same border he had crossed earlier the same day without noticing? That would show a severe lack of observation skills, and is not very consistent with a vet that has seen the battle field. The mother claims he is hypervigilant, which is consistent with someone that has had to watch their 6 or die for extended periods, but somehow didn't notice that he was going the same way he did earlier that day? Also, he was supposed to be going to CA to get help, what's he doing going to mexico for? The story makes no sense.

edit on Wed, 01 Oct 2014 19:28:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: HardCorps

So it was okay for Obama to release 5 key al qaeda leaders in exchange for another young Marine who was captured while AWOL... but not this kid who made a wrong turn, admitted to his mistake as well...

That could have easily been you or I who got into the wrong traffic lane... He made a simple mistake that's all.

What is the difference between those "leaders" and this guy? He was charged with a crime they were not. He was given due process they were not. They were held illegally he is not being held illegally.

I have now come to the conclusion based on this post, Buster that you are not a genius you are certifiable!!

Due process in Mexico???? ahahahahahahaha Here is one more for your list........He is being TORTURED BY MEXICANS!!
Americans did not TORTURE MEXICANS that committed the same "so called crime"!!!!

Yes it says Americans have common sense and Mexicans have NONE!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

My God! are you serious??? How about the al queda and war criminals!! Please tell me you are not comparing war criminals and terrorist organizations to one man whom is neither!!!

This is a ridiculously comparison!!

pax

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
a reply to: TDawg61

More of how much you want to bet that if we could find out how many guns this guy bought in the last year, we would discover he has a pretty lucrative business running guns to Mexico.

Kind of like the thugs Obama and Eric Holder then, is that what you are suggesting?? Just want to be clear about what you are asking....Well it is my opinion that Eric Holder you know Fast and Furious ran a lot more guns than this guy did!!

Just a hunch!

Pax
edit on 10/1/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
This is a ridiculously comparison!!

pax

Why? I agree I just want your take on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Going by that logic, it's ok if I go out and blow a few people up, afterall, obama blew up lots more people than I did. What's the big deal? I could go and steal a few hundred grand, the police stole way more through asset seizures, so it's cool.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So it was okay for Obama to release 5 key al qaeda leaders in exchange for another young Marine who was captured while AWOL... but not this kid who made a wrong turn, admitted to his mistake as well...

That could have easily been you or I who got into the wrong traffic lane... He made a simple mistake that's all.

What is the difference between those "leaders" and this guy? He was charged with a crime they were not. He was given due process they were not. They were held illegally he is not being held illegally.

I have now come to the conclusion based on this post, Buster that you are not a genius you are certifiable!!

Due process in Mexico???? ahahahahahahaha Here is one more for your list........He is being TORTURED BY MEXICANS!!
Americans did not TORTURE MEXICANS that committed the same "so called crime"!!!!

Do you understand what the term due process means? Judging by your comment no you don't. He was tried and convicted of smuggling guns into Mexico. So what if he is being tortured. If you don't want to be tortured then don't break the law in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

More than likely not, as the whole F&F "scandal" had strawmen buyers purchasing firearms legally, then selling them across the border. I doubt that Holder was one of the aforementioned strawmen.

See, in this instance the subject in the OP would be that strawman buyer, smuggling firearms to Mexico for a tidy tax free profit.

See the difference?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
He shouldn't have crossed the border with guns. He broke their laws, and is paying the price. I don't feel bad when a mexican breaks our laws and go to prison, why should I feel bad for an american going to prison for breaking mexican laws?

1. His service record alone is ONE REASON you should feel bad for this American!!!!
2. He has a clean record, he did call 9-1-1 to announce his mistake and ask for help.
3. If you need any more reasons, re-read #1.

Freaking stupid comments really piss me off!
edit on 1-10-2014 by PaJoe52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe he was trying to traffic arms into Mexico. Do you have any idea how much money the cartels will give you for weapons? Quite a bit more than they're worth. They hang around gun shows here in Texas a lot, offering to buy your guns from you, and I have even seen them try to get someone to go and buy as many weapons as they could. How they get them into Mexico I do not know. The difference between Bergdahl and this marine is that the former was captured in an active warzone where there is a US military presence, ie in the line of duty. What a marine does on his own and in another country does not carry anywhere near the same amount of government responsibility.

Is the government supposed to step in every time an American breaks the laws of another country? I also do not see how you could accidentally drive into Mexico. At all the crossing I've ever seen it is quite obvious what is going on. Saying that he just kept going and entered Mexico without realizing it seems highly unusual to me. The fact that he told them he had guns in the truck was extremely unintelligent, and the fact that he would have opposed the confiscating of his guns is also not very smart.

I think the US government could do something to help him, but I do not think they should be required to, as the marine was not serving in the line of duty when this incident occurred. And this is not a white house or Obama issue, as the white house should not be the ones to deal with something like this. The US embassy in Mexico City should be the ones to handle this case. I think that the Mexican authorities suspected he was bringing guns into the country to sell to the cartels to be honest. For the life of me I cannot understand why the guy didn't pull off somewhere before crossing the border, and if there was nowhere to pull off on the shoulder at the very least try to get border agents to help you turn around on the US side. This entire case just seems strange to me, but I do not know all of the details, so perhaps I am mistaken in my judgements.
edit on 10/1/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PaJoe52
So if an ex mexican army member enters the US, gets caught breaking the law, you say just cut them loose instead of making them serve time like everyone else? Not in my book, being ex military is not a get out of jail free card.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus
There is an OK documentary called "They come to america 2" that will give you a good idea how they get guns back over the border, and how people cross over from mexico. It's pretty scary.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lol this is how Obama looks after his own! What a joke, used and abused and now he's planning to send more into inevitable failure in Iraq. I don't feel sorry for people who let them be used by someone in such a way and then mess up... The people need to wake up and account their commander in chief or be led into ruin

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Do you understand what the term due process means? Judging by your comment no you don't. He was tried and convicted of smuggling guns into Mexico. So what if he is being tortured. If you don't want to be tortured then don't break the law in Mexico.

Yes of course i do but you are under the fairy tale illusion that his trial and conviction were fair!!! That is why I said your post makes you seem certifiable and i laughed!! Take a look at what Mexicans say about due process!

Due process violations of the accused are 'daily bread' in Mexico, and one sector that suffers most are indigenous who do not speak Spanish, whose rights to interpreters and to presumption of innocence are commonly violated.

Following a review of courts of the Federal Judiciary (PJF) in Mexico City, which represent less than ten percent of the more than seven hundred of Mexico's authorized courts, La Jornada was able to document the existence of at least one hundred sixty criminal cases in which the accused and / or convicted allege violations of their constitutional rights.

Police abuses, the lack of translators in all languages ​​spoken in Mexico, and inadequate access to a qualified public defender are the main allegations of complainants in demands for protection [injunction], or in appeals of prison sentences. However, in most cases, the defendants alleging violations of due process have only obtained injunctions to re-do judicial procedures, but not for their immediate release, indicated the judges, federal prosecutors and public defenders interviewed by this daily.

The judges and prosecutors consulted agreed that although in many cases violations of defendants' rights to a proper defense, presumption of innocence and due process are proved, so far there is no case law from the Supreme Court or from the circuit courts that might compel judges to grant immediate release when such violations are proved.
"For now all we can do is grant injunctions for purposes of replacing procedures, so that if certain proofs were not evaluated, or [if they were] not respected, for example, the right of an indigenous defendant to a translator, the court re-tries the case, clearing the formal defects and procedural violations in order to issue a new sentence," said a judge of criminal amparo [protective injunction] consulted by this newspaper.
The lawyers who, like the judges and prosecutors agreed to speak with La Jornada provided that no names be mentioned, indicated that thousands of criminal cases are currently being settled in courts across the country and there was violation of due process in some of them.

They explained that the case of Florence Cassez, released last week by the Supreme Court for violations of her constitutional rights to a proper defense, presumption of innocence and to contact her consulate, is a "tempest in a teapot", which in no way will mean that from now on the federal judges may decide in the same way.
"Make no mistake: the case of this French lady (Florence Cassez) is not jurisprudence. It's only an isolated judgment of three justices of our highest constitutional court, but that consequently it might be mandatory for us...no, not at all," said one of the judges interviewed."

Mexico blog news CNN Mexico

Pax

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I'm for the rule of law. He broke Mexican laws, so let him suffer the consequences. There have been cases of the US not giving Mexican national their rights guaranteed by treaties with Mexico, so why should Mexico cut this guy any slack? Reap what you sow, 'Murica. I don't give a good deity darn if he's a Marine. That doesn't put him above the law.

And what's with this PTSD veteran having three firearms in his truck? He was a shooting spree just waiting to happen. We should be thanking the Federales.

From the sounds of it, he was involved with some Mexican gal, and it appears that he was intending on heading back south of the border and going all Taxi Driver on somebody down there. Don't have any sympathy. I also have seen the border crossing there. It's quite evident when you're crossing the border.

As for his apparently poor conditions of confinement, there have been plenty of cases of Mexican nationals and other illegal immigrants being kept in deplorable conditions here in the US. Again, reap what you sow, 'Murica. Gun-toting veterans with PTSD? What people expect?

edit on 1-10-2014 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PaJoe52

His service does not put him above the law, sorry.

Just caused he fessed up to breaking the law, which he was breaking the law in the USA too cause of how he was carrying and what types of magazines he had on him, doesn't mean he gets to be excused for it.

He knew how and where this port was, he had already been through it that very day.
He is trying to make it look like it was simple accident when it wasn't.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

He said it was a mistake so it must be a mistake. The classic "I swear I didn't mean to" defense. That works super well in any court.

Mexico is not in bed with the drug lords. Numerous Mexican politicians have risked their lives to try to stop them but it's hard when they are supported so heavily by American money and guns.

m.bbc.com...

m.bbc.com...

Recently they've made some headway too.

www.msn.com...

They're trying damn hard to fix the problems we caused and still cause but it's hard dangerous work battling institutionalized violence by organized well funded well armed criminal cartels.

At what point did I condone or celebrate his torture? I feel genuinely bad that yet again another Joe Schmoe suffers for political reasons caused his own corrupt government ESPECIALLY after he risked life and limb for the nation. On the issue of torture though the hawks and conservatives regularly and openly condone Americans torturing and mistreating foreigners and not so openly for
Its own citizens (just head to posse commitatus forum for homegrown excessive force).

rt.com...

I've actually made mistakes more than once (I did drugs for a bit and no Mexicans didn't force me to) and paid for it every time. I did what was required to clear my name even though I only did something wrong based on prohibition ideals. I've never been in an accident or traffic violation (except an ice on roof ticket for ) and never harmed another human being (except that one time at age 10 when I stabbed a bully in the hand enough to scare him and leave a mark without drawing blood with a pencil after begging him over and over to leave me some for about twenty minutes) but that's how life is. You make mistakes, you pay for them, you learn, and you move on.

At the end of the day this sucks for him but maybe you shouldn't knowingly break obvious laws in a country known for its brutal prisons. Hell they even mentioned it on Bad Girls Clubs Mexico numerous times it's so obvious. Mexican police and judges who aren't corrupt are rightly heavy handed especially on guns in a country devastated by endless gun violence. The ones who are corrupt are probably worse.

If you really truly feel bad for him how about you stop blaming attacking the rights of a sovereign nation and hold your own nation accountable. The issues is unemployment and health care for veterans is absolutely appalling. I guarantee this situation wouldn't exist if poor Sgt Tahlmooresi had decent health care for his PTSD and a job so he didn't have to gun run in mexico for a living or just live and hang out there for cheaper cost of living depending on whether he's lying or telling the truth. Either way the story goes it's very sad. How about we look at the real problems plaguing our nation due to it's own mistakes rather than blaming other nations for actively trying to fix their problems.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
MY GOD PEOPLE!
He got onto the wrong ramp...
After that, it was too late.
Read the facts people, instead of thinking you know what happened just from assuming.
You are supposed to take all the fact into consideration, then draw conclusions, not just spout off about what you "think" happened.

edit on 2-10-2014 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join