It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal, But Fit to Serve: Pentagon to Recruit Undocumented Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is this the REAL reason the border is open for business? Bring them in, sign them up and ship them off? Just when Americans are getting wise to what is really going on over there, the Military has need of those that want a card in the US. What to do? No money, no home, no job, no green card...Join the Army!

www.militarytimes.com...

The Pentagon is to start recruiting undocumented immigrants who came into the US as minors and possess valuable skills like speaking Persian and Chinese. The program offering the opportunity is capped at 1,500 recruits per year. The new policy revealed by the DoD on Thursday expands the existing pilot program called Military Accessions Vital to National Interest, or MAVNI.

It has been tried since 2008, offering positions in the US armed forces to foreigners living in America legally as refugees or under a temporary visa. Starting next fiscal year, MAVNI will also apply to illegal residents who came to US with their parents before age 16, reports the Military Times. The potential recruits would be selected from those eligible for the 2012 Obama administration policy known as Deferred Action for Child Arrivals, or DACA.

Getting a DACA illegal immigrant status involves a background check by the Homeland Security Department.

www.washingtontimes.com...
www.blacklistednews.com...

And now for some comic relief:

The new DoD policy may be the first phase of a broader government wide effort to ease pressure on immigrants and create new paths to citizenship. President Obama, frustrated with the failure of Congress to pass any substantial immigration reform, has vowed to aggressively use his presidential authority to change the way immigration policies are carried out.

Since when has Obama listened to Congress unless it served his agenda?

So is this why we have the floods of illegals coming in to the US? More bodies for the front lines? Me thinks tis true my friends.

Peace

edit on 28-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Anyone willing to put their life on the line for USA should be given citizenship. Anyone doing this certainly deserves citizenship more than many of our young adults living in their parents basements drawing Social Security, playing PlayStation ever day or drawing other free lunch welfare from oour hard working tax payers.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Anyone willing to put their life on the line for USA should be given citizenship. Anyone doing this certainly deserves citizenship more than many of our young adults living in their parents basements drawing Social Security, playing PlayStation ever day or drawing other free lunch welfare from oour hard working tax payers.

I get your point but my question is if this is the real reason for the open border?

Trickery.

"You are here illegally, serve or get deported"

"But my family is here"

"Well, I guess you'll be serving then" Gotcha!

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea to me why not let them serve? Many people here in the states don't want to serve and the machine needs new meat for the grinder.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Xeven
I agree with this post. If someone is willing to come here and serve our country in the US Military, then let them serve and get them on a fast track for citizenship. They are willing to put their life on the line for America then they deserve it. Heck, they deserve citizenship more than some of the people who were born here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

I get your point but my question is if this is the real reason for the open border?

Trickery.

"But my family is here"

Peace

What makes you think the border is open? Do you think all the border guards we have just sit on their thumbs all day? There is no way possible to close the border this is something people just need to get through their heads. Foreign nationals joining the American military is nothing new there were several in my unit when I was in the Army. When they finish their terms of service they get their citizenship because they earned it. Suggesting that they "opened" the border just to get people to join the military is laughable.

link   
a reply to: jude11

I was reading about this especially the MAVNI process. Having an illegal family member in the States is grounds for failure of the background check. Best case scenario this will effect a dozen people, worst case scenario it's effects zero.

It's just another piece of paper to say "look I tried to help the illegals in spite of Congress, so vote Democrat", but it will amount to nothing in the long run.

link   
This can be used to have an US force within US following orders that can be used at it's own citizen that might have less connection to the people living in US if handled in a certain way. Well played. Good of the masters of the systems when propaganda now longer works and a sh*t hit the fan event happen.

To clarify the motion can be miss used to open the border take in people and arm them/train them so that you have people that are all new to US that can be deployed within US without having lived in US and having any connection to the US citizen. My comment is not a miss trust of individual illegals who have lived in US not having a connection with US citizen since that connection can be individually higher or lower in any segment of military of the want to follow order vs the want to protect the citizens..
edit on 28-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Is this the REAL reason the border is open for business?

Well this fits more with what I am seeing, the "children" are mostly young men.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree with this post. If someone is willing to come here and serve our country in the US Military, then let them serve and get them on a fast track for citizenship. They are willing to put their life on the line for America then they deserve it. Heck, they deserve citizenship more than some of the people who were born here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

But again, what if it turns out that these people are not willing but rather coerced?

Peace

link   
True, but kind of old news for those paying attention. Fodder for the cannon.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

I was reading about this especially the MAVNI process. Having an illegal family member in the States is grounds for failure of the background check. Best case scenario this will effect a dozen people, worst case scenario it's effects zero.

It's just another piece of paper to say "look I tried to help the illegals in spite of Congress, so vote Democrat", but it will amount to nothing in the long run.

I don't think a dozen probables will be enough to enact a bill. Most likely a lot more.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes, blame the kids for this f'ed up situation we're in right now. Smh, who got us here? Wasn't the millenials, that I know for sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: jude11

Trickery.

"But my family is here"

Peace

What makes you think the border is open? Do you think all the border guards we have just sit on their thumbs all day? There is no way possible to close the border this is something people just need to get through their heads. Foreign nationals joining the American military is nothing new there were several in my unit when I was in the Army. When they finish their terms of service they get their citizenship because they earned it. Suggesting that they "opened" the border just to get people to join the military is laughable.

"open" in terms of not stopping the flow by relaxing the border. More than enough info out there for you to read if you like. Plenty in fact right here on ATS.

And how do you absolutely, without a doubt, unequivocally KNOW it isn't true? You don't know and that's the only truth here.

BTW, If you are speaking of foreign nationals...not the same:

Illegal Alien
Also known as an "Undocumented Alien," is an alien who has entered the United States illegally and is deportable if apprehended, or an alien who entered the United States legally but who has fallen "out of status" and is deportable.

Foreign National
A foreign national is a person who is not a citizen of the host country in which he or she is residing or temporarily sojourning. In other words, a visitor.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If it really was that US always was a defensive player who put the life on the life for defending US not being used as mercenaries for corporate interest then I would agree. If these people where well trained cops keeping the peace and helping people feel safe then they deserve to be part of any society they go to. Even janitors serve their society with their work. No work that really needs doing is not a service to your fellow man (soul brothers/soul sisters).

Unfortunately I see US used as a mercenary squad and frankly would love to have people not joining the war machine for profit.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Where the hell has everyone been? I served in the army 92-96, and there were a ton of immigrants, legal and not, who were also serving. Some could barely speak English. But ion the military, most of them learned. If they are good enough to wear the uniform, they are good enough to become resident or citizens of this country, regardless of status.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I read this news yesterday, I have to say that the government is been doing this for quite a while, with the promise of citizenship and benefits.

Sadly is hard to do background checks on illegals that carry no documentation what so ever entering the country, so I wonder if this is another attempt to push for amnesty.

As we know Mr. Obama amnesty bill is in hold, waiting for the mid term elections, depending how well the mid term elections goes for the ruling party, we are going to have amnesty shove up our rear end next year by probably executive decision.

As of today the amount of known illegals have reached 40 million and counting.

I have to add that the article also refer to legal citizens been denied service in military, but are encouraging illegals to apply.

Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I was a military wife from 81 to 98, I don't remember seen much immigrants at least illegals in the Marine corps, now when it comes to the Army, is plenty of Puerto Ricans like me, but PR is a territory of the US, many didn't speak fluid English and illegals they are not.

My brother serve in Navy he is Puertorrican also and he was fluid in English when he served, also a big body of Puertorricans serving.

Now this was back 20 years ago, so maybe something have changed.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Now ship them off to Syria.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There is a crying need for foreign language skills in the US military....that's a given with the hundreds of bases and installations flung over the globe......
Not just for intelligence purposes either.......for all kinds of valid other reasons we need to be able to directly communicate with people who have no English skills.....
The current education system cannot produce the kind of language skills required to run this global empire efficiently.
Nor can local moores and customs be learned overnight....much must be lived to inculcate into daily decisions...(this is where we seem to fail when operating in foreign environments with little liason with the local populations.......)
If this fills the need then so be it.....weve been recruiting foreign fighters into the army for decades anyways.....
edit on 28-9-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join