It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal, But Fit to Serve: Pentagon to Recruit Undocumented Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I knew a few people who were in this position in the Army. They were good soldiers, good friends, and trusted colleagues.

I think it's a good and honorable way to obtain citizenship.

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh, sure, let's recruit foreign nationals into the army. Then, when martial law goes down, we'll have a whole army of foreign nationals that won't think twice about shooting an American citizen.

Just call me paranoid.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Question for all those that think this is a Good Thing.

When you sign up for the armed services, you take an Oath.
That oath has you swear loyalty to the US and the constitution.
How can they take said oath if they are not citizens?
What loyalty do they have ...none?
How would you expect them to be loyal to anyone or anything?

This is just a bad idea and it only gets better, as the left thinks with their heart and not their heads.
Thing is, ask a leftist to give money out of their Own pocket, not the taxpayer, but their own and see how it goes.
Easy to give away what is not yours to give…
Only reason they will join up, is free citizenship and free food, house, clothes, medical…the list goes on.
It is more Free stuff for them.

"N3k9Ni

I agree and this is part of the plan I fear.
edit on 28-9-2014 by DogMeat because: spell terrible

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Xeven
Anyone willing to put their life on the line for USA should be given citizenship. Anyone doing this certainly deserves citizenship more than many of our young adults living in their parents basements drawing Social Security, playing PlayStation ever day or drawing other free lunch welfare from oour hard working tax payers.

I get your point but my question is if this is the real reason for the open border?

Trickery.

"You are here illegally, serve or get deported"

"But my family is here"

"Well, I guess you'll be serving then" Gotcha!

Peace

First of all we all know the open border thing is BS. The border is more secure now than at anytime in our history. 28,000 agents compared to 3000 in 1990's, about a thousand in 80s, and almost nobody in the years before that (WW2 was the when the border was considered heavly guarded with a grand total of 1000 agents). So let us just put that nonsense behind us.

The few people eligible for this program have to be fluent in Arabic, Chinese, Pashto or Persian. This is just an addition to the MANVI program started in 2008 under Bush Jr. In all that time we talking about less than 100 people coming in on this program.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Sounds like a good idea to me why not let them serve? Many people here in the states don't want to serve and the machine needs new meat for the grinder.

Failed statement of the year?

They are so full up with applications to join, they are literately picking people and telling others to go away or better yet, closing offices.

How does someone with that kind of comment have 40,000 stars?

Also, why isn't Mexico doing anything to stop them from crossing?
Why? Because Mexico has the right idea. They are trimming the fat to allow their country to recover.
Allowing them to join is all part of the plan to make America fall and start over.

In the event of a civil war...half of each side will be taken out and then the rest will have to conform to the new government. Think it wont happen? Yet right. The rest of the world would bring in their troops just to establish some sort of control because of the very fact there is nukes here. The other nations do not want those in the hands of people like you.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Does this remind anyone else of that film 'Starship Troopers'?

Remember the video recruitment tag line 'fight for citizenship'?

Seems like someone in the WH may have been reading Robert Heinlein or watching Starship Troopers and coming up with policy based on a..script.

Scary thought.

Either way, there are noticeable parallels IMO.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I doubt anyone in the WH has read Starship Troopers. It is about the military saving the world from the Liberals LoL.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Question for all those that think this is a Good Thing.

When you sign up for the armed services, you take an Oath.
That oath has you swear loyalty to the US and the constitution.
How can they take said oath if they are not citizens?
What loyalty do they have ...none?
How would you expect them to be loyal to anyone or anything?

This is just a bad idea and it only gets better, as the left thinks with their heart and not their heads.
Thing is, ask a leftist to give money out of their Own pocket, not the taxpayer, but their own and see how it goes.
Easy to give away what is not yours to give…
Only reason they will join up, is free citizenship and free food, house, clothes, medical…the list goes on.
It is more Free stuff for them.

"N3k9Ni

I agree and this is part of the plan I fear.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't see anything that says that only an American citizen can take the oath.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: jude11
what if it turns out that these people are not willing but rather coerced?

No one coerced them to come over the border. No on is coercing them to stay here. And in the military ... it's impossible to coerce someone to join. In fact, it's more difficult to get into the military than not. Heck, even having too many tattoos or those really big holes in the earlobes can disqualify a person. Not being able to understand orders given in English would disqualify a person as well.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't see anything that says that only an American citizen can take the oath.
Regards,

When I was in the Army, I worked with a fella who escaped from Cuba when he was 2 years old. He became a US citizen while in the Army. And I worked with another fella who escaped from East Germany. I don't know if he was a citizen of West Germany or if he was still considered an East German. But he was in the US Army at that time as well. (1983-1986 timeframe)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

"The Pentagon is to start recruiting undocumented immigrants who came into the US as minors and possess valuable skills like speaking Persian and Chinese."

This should be enough to silence any doubts about the wisdom of such a move.

Would you reject the service of those who arrived undocumented as minors and who today possess valuable skills?

If you say yes, then your priorities are misplaced.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: johngrissom

originally posted by: buster2010
Sounds like a good idea to me why not let them serve? Many people here in the states don't want to serve and the machine needs new meat for the grinder.

Failed statement of the year?

They are so full up with applications to join, they are literately picking people and telling others to go away or better yet, closing offices.

How does someone with that kind of comment have 40,000 stars?

Also, why isn't Mexico doing anything to stop them from crossing?
Why? Because Mexico has the right idea. They are trimming the fat to allow their country to recover.
Allowing them to join is all part of the plan to make America fall and start over.

In the event of a civil war...half of each side will be taken out and then the rest will have to conform to the new government. Think it wont happen? Yet right. The rest of the world would bring in their troops just to establish some sort of control because of the very fact there is nukes here. The other nations do not want those in the hands of people like you.

What is pathetic about this is that you think this has anything to with Mexican illegals. Unless you many Mexican illegals fluent in Chinese or the languages from the middle east you should be feeling pretty silly right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join