It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristallnacht : A warning from history

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Not me. We should all be free to practice whatever religion we want as long as it doesn't harm others. Don't get me started on scientology lol... Its difficult for me to understand the magnitude of some issues becsuse I feel like we get so much biased BS from all over. It should be common sense though through all the bias and hate, that millions of people are not all murderous trash because of their religion. I do think the sheer radicalism needs to be stopped after the murdering of thousands of people.

Do I have an answer for how to do this? No I don't. Am I going to armchair warrior qb it? No im not. Am I going to hate all the followers of that religion because thats the easy way out? No im not.

Btw I love your responses brother.

edit on 27-9-2014 by LoverBoy because: spelling...darn tablet.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well in the last week my country has cancelled 60 passports of Isis supporters,any ISIS supporter coming back will face a minimum of five years,hate preaching and incitement will now get you a minimum of five years,we have shut down the illegal boat immigration to zero which is how most radicals got to this country,and yes we stand to deport troublemakers,no one is calling for the gas chambers but as our country has found out the threat is real,these people are out there and steps have to be taken to preserve security the ball is in the Muslims court its up to them to display a willingness to integrate and be a productive part of society,good Australians will help them if they do....and probably God help them if they dont.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Metallicus
So were there good Nazis? Or were all of the Nazis evil. I am curious since you are supporting the farcical argument made by the OP. I would LOVE for you to tell me how some of the Nazis were moderate and good folks.

Are you saying all Germans were Nazis?

No, I am saying all Nazis were Nazis and all Muslims are Muslims.

Nazisim and Islam are ideologies not a country where many types of people live.

I bet you already knew that before you made your flawed argument.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So were there good Nazis? Or were all of the Nazis evil. I am curious since you are supporting the farcical argument made by the OP. I would LOVE for you to tell me how some of the Nazis were moderate and good folks.

Are you saying all Germans were Nazis?

REALLY? Are you aware that the last German election before the War was in 1938 and the Nazis won every seat? Were you further aware that there wasn't another election until 1949? Seems like the German people were taken along for a ride. German does NOT equal Nazi.

I bet you already knew that before you made your flawed argument.

What?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

No it can't be done and it's counter productive to try.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

We should all be free to practice whatever religion we want as long as it doesn't harm others.

Well ... let's see:

Islam = harms others
Christianity = harms others
Judaism = harms others

even
Scientology = harms others

I'm sure there are others. Naziism certainly caused some harm. Ever notice how close to religious worship _respect for_ 'the party' was?
edit on 2792014 by Snarl because: _clarity_

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

And all Christians are Christians. Some Christians kill abortion doctors. Some Christians advocate killing gays. Are all Christians bad because of the Westboro folks?

Religions are infamous for being used by evil/crazy people to do harm to others. That doesn't mean the whole religion is evil/crazy.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And all Christians are Christians. Some Christians kill abortion doctors. Some Christians advocate killing gays. Are all Christians bad because of the Westboro folks?

Religions are infamous for being used by evil/crazy people to do harm to others. That doesn't mean the whole religion is evil/crazy.

Should this now be the time to delineate between organized religion and faith?
Just a thought…
tetra

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

and WHAT IS the 'BAD" line?
Toqilla GUARANTEES we can't tell,THE religion ITSELF must stop the process or more die as they have because they ALL are targets NOW.
THEY are not safe.
Not with hate NOT with malice but the cold logic of a sniper.
YELLING at US to stop is IMPOTENT and NO we won't,we can't.
So again WHAT IS THE DEFINING MILITANT FACTOR TO HELP me stop the bad and preserve the good.
I don't WANT to REHASH all the old arguments only to have RACISM rear its deflecting head.I want answers.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Do you honestly think the Nazis arbitrarily blamed the jews? Do you honestly think the United States arbitrarily targets And profiles Muslims? I'm an isolationist, I don't believe we have any business being over there. That being said the Muslim faith hasn't had an "enlightenment" like Christianity and other religions, the Muslim people are still vastly Stone Age. The Muslims may not be for radical Islamists, but when push comes to shove they'll side with them over you and I any day.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Chimpout because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I have not read where metallicus equated Nazis with Germans.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Maybe the "threat" being suggested (feared) is armed military/police type regiments like the S.A. Stormtroopers of Kristallnacht acting against Muslims?

The S.A. Stormtroopers in Germany were "government" sponsored?

But the differences are:

1) The Jewish population of 1938 Germany was not military or police, the instigators against them were.

2) The "Muslim" threats of late *are* military. (ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, Al-Quida, etc.)

The fear would be that regular, non-military Muslims will be targeted.

The average citizen is at the mercy of the MSM (then and today)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry. I don't 'see' it.

Metallicus is expressing a POV and that's a pretty unfair attack based on my observations.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was asked ans I answered. Sorry if you can't see the difference in what was said there.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

He never mentions Germans in the post.
He asked you a question about good vs bad Nazis.
Did you answer his question?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Is there a reading comprehension problem here? The post that was quote was about ALL Muslims. The response was 'Was there good Nazis?" The implication is clear.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Is there a reading comprehension problem here? The post that was quote was about ALL Muslims. The response was 'Was there good Nazis?" The implication is clear.

If there is, it would appear to be on you.
You blame him for equating Nazis and Germans and he never did.
He didn't imply what you are stating.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Here's how I see it.

There were Germans.
Some of them were Nazis.
Some of the Nazis were merely ideologists.
Some of the Nazis were violent extremists.

The world all of a sudden went Hell-bent-for-leather on killing everyone residing within the borders of what Germany was becoming. This happens when a tolerance limit is reached ... and it's not really possible to separate the 'good' from the 'bad'. You just kill 'em all and let God sort it out.

We're getting there again. And far too quickly for an old guy like me.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Which is pretty much the OP's point.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join