It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pamphlet shows parents how to teach kids about homosexuality without turning them gay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DelegateZero88
Only if you are a member of a family that is Focus on the Family and it is one of the higher ups. So that means if you were related to say Dr. Dobson, like being his child and was gay, he would pay you a nifty sum every month not to visit or admit you were related to him.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"without turning them gay" apparently is the author's opinion?

I wonder how they come to that conclusion?

Read the pamphlet and wonder no longer! LOL It definitely suggests that young boys are naturally attracted to masculine men and that it's important to distinguish that from homosexuality... I think the writer of the pamphlet is not being honest about HIS sexuality...

The pamphlet ridiculously suggests that kids can be influenced to be gay, simply by learning about what it means.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Focus on the Family. Here is the 411 on the organization based out of Colorado Springs Colorado.
This organization was started in the 1977 by James Dobson. Its activities include promoting a more religious and socially conservative views on public policy. The headquarters, which is also part of a larger number of evangelical church organizations, rose to be in the spot light in the 1980’s, also has a main church in the Northern part of Colorado Springs, just south of the Black Forest suburbs, just east of the Chapel Hills suburbs. They are a heavily religious sect, that tends to promote a more secular view of the world covering a large range of topics for the higher morality of those who would follow or at least lives close to any one of its flock. At this is the heart of a media conglomerate, talk about raking in the money and paying little to no taxes, care to guess how much it brings in a year? In 2011 it brought in over 95 million dollars, in revenue also owning or having fingers in media, both print and radio programing.

As part of its ongoing campaign against those who are homosexual, they will stop at nothing, from really not doing the research, using research that is not peer reviewed, or even misrepresenting their research to push their agenda.
It has been in at least 2 major elections, the first being Amendment number 2 in Colorado, that was overturned by the US Supreme Court, as such was found to outright allow the discrimination against those who were homosexuals and ultimately strip them of their rights. The language was so bad that even the Supreme Court has to work through it all and ultimately that the court in a decision of 6 to 3 was overturned, and struck down. Later on, it tried such again, and thus had to split its political arm from its religious portion as a judge ruled if it did it again, it would lose its non profit status.
Keep in mind its founder, James Dobson this person is a very evil person, who has a more draconian view on what all he would really like to do with homosexuals. Look at Uganda and a lot of the west African countries, where the laws would imprison someone for having HIV or even for being gay, a lot of such have ties to an evangelical organization called: Family Research council. Care to guess was the founder for that in 1983? Needless to say Dr. Dobson rakes in a lot more than many people make in a year, and pays very little in taxes, as he founds non profit, 501 c organizations.

Hope that answers your questions about Focus on the Family. (Fungus on the Family for those who have lived in Colorado Springs, the promoters of the family value of hatred.)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're right. You do need a solid foundation. Equal rights with regard to marriage is like the shutters or something. That comes way later. Food and shelter and other basic human needs are the foundation of civilization.

So how about we make sure people aren't homeless and starving before we make sure middle and upper class gay people can join the oppression club at the top. The homeless gay youth in our urban areas aren't worried about getting married I'm guessing.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

You're right. You do need a solid foundation. Equal rights with regard to marriage is like the shutters or something. That comes way later. Food and shelter and other basic human needs are the foundation of civilization.

Tell that to the gay couple who is not allowed to get married and put their spouse on their insurance.

Let me know when all the heteros give up their legal marriage to feed the poor.

edit on 27-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I think the writer of the pamphlet is not being honest about HIS sexuality...

The writer is "Ex-Gay".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
'Times change and that's just the way it is. When I was a kid "Gay" meant happy, now it means sodomy.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

And before modern times sodomy included oral sex which everyone is A-OK with now. Masturbation was also taboo till modern times. People edit history and religion selfishly and ignorantly.

If you think gay people are wrong based on the bible then you better stop giving/receiving oral sex and never masturbate.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You're right. It's terrible. But I'd rather protect gay kids from being disowned than get equal rights for gay people to live selfish shallow lives like most heterosexuals.

I believe gay people should be equal all around. I'm literally gay myself. I just think this is the laziest and most self centered movement for gay rights there could be.

My point once again is that fighting for marriage rights is pointless except for the successful happy gays with loving boyfriends and girlfriends.

Trickle down economics didn't work. Why would trickle down gay rights?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Your "apples & oranges" argument simply doesn't make sense.

And its not on topic. Done.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Why is it that when a liberal wants to insult someone they view as homophobic, they always start by accusing them of being gay? Isn't that at least a little counter productive?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Why is it that when a liberal wants to insult someone they view as homophobic, they always start by accusing them of being gay?

I don't think you could call me a liberal, but I know how vitally important it is to you to bring MY politics into this... Such a great debate tactic! LOL

The writer of the pamphlet IS "Ex-gay", as Annee showed a couple pages ago. Perhaps if you read the thread, you'd know this. I'm not accusing him of being gay, I'm accusing him of lying to himself about it.

Jeff Johnson is "Ex-Gay"

Now, why is it that when a right-winger wants to insult someone they view as "liberal", they always bring politics into it, even though it's irrelevant???? LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

And before modern times sodomy included oral sex which everyone is A-OK with now. Masturbation was also taboo till modern times. People edit history and religion selfishly and ignorantly.

If you think gay people are wrong based on the bible then you better stop giving/receiving oral sex and never masturbate.

I was just commenting on how things change? Perception is a fun thing to watch.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
At the end of the day almost all the social debates are pointless. If you're not hurting someone then you're fine. Trying to decide which specific things are right or wrong tends to be an exercise in futility. Anyone with half a brain knows it's all silly but since so many are determined to control the behavior and lives of others we encounter problems.

Gay people who live their lives normally and pay their taxes should be no different than anyone else. They should be able to marry and adopt children and work and shop with all the rights of any citizens. The whole thing is just as stupid as not allowing interracial marriages or marriage between a Jew and a Christian. If the people are happy and not causing problems who cares.

I know marriage equality is a stepping stone but I feel it's not enough. I thought the most impressive change in gay rights in recent years was Chris Christie outlawing conversion therapy.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

e Friendly Atheist reports that the conservative group Focus on the Family has released a pamphlet that teaches Christian parents how to talk about children about homosexuality without turning them gay.

The pamphlet, by Jeff Johnston and titled “How to Talk To Your Children About Homosexuality,” is explicitly not designed for parents of homosexual children — those parents are strongly encouraged to call Focus on the Family’s counseling hotline. The pamphlet’s intended audience is parents who want to be sure that the children they are raising do not grow up to become homosexual.

It astonishes me that some people still think that homosexuality is a choice, or demon induced, and not something determined by genetics.

www.cs.cmu.edu...

The problem with discussing male homosexuality with young boys, the pamphlet argues, is that there is a “natural” inclination for them to be attracted to “masculine” men, and this should be encouraged.

Anyone else see the disconnect here?

Bolded for emphasis. People disagree with you on this bro. If homosexuality is genetics, you are saying that all homosexuals have some kind of disease, and thus there is a cure. Problem with your little theory is, alot of homosexuals do not want to be told they are sick.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Bolded for emphasis. People disagree with you on this bro. If homosexuality is genetics, you are saying that all homosexuals have some kind of disease, and thus there is a cure. Problem with your little theory is, alot of homosexuals do not want to be told they are sick.

How is that saying homosexuals have some kind of disease?

We all have genetic differences.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Do you really need to explain to children what rectal intercourse enthusiasts are?
Do you really need a pamphlet to explain why an identity centred around anal stimulation is degenerate?
Do you really need to educate young boys that the clowns dancing with dildos on pride parade floats are to be laughed at and not taken seriously?
There was a time when these things were common sense. This is truly a post-common sense world.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Crazy world.

All that money spent trying to invent a 'gay bomb!'

All they needed to do was drop flyers for Queen tribute bands and the Village people to turn enemy soldiers gay.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join