It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Imminent Attack’ in U.S. Prompted Airstrikes on Khorasan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
a reply to: mrsdudara

The use of the phrase "imminent" implies that they were doing more than just "thinking" of attacking us. Imminent means an attack was developed, and was in the process of being deployed.

More intelligence regarding this decision will be forth-coming when it is strategically convenient.

So imminent that the protagonists are still in Syria.

Just like the imminent 45 min threat from WMD's.
Deja Vu.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

When there was an "immanent threat" of an attack by ISIS through Mexico that had our Military bases down there on high alert, we didn't bomb Juarez Mexico...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Different reactions for different situations, there's no "one size fits all" response for threats.

Perhaps that threat did not warrant an airstrike, whereas this one did.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Fear monger much?

This is likely smoke and mirrors. My local base has been doing all kinds of 'drills'.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Different reactions for different situations, there's no "one size fits all" response for threats.

Now you are just making up excuses on the fly.

Wow, just wow.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Fear monger much?

This is likely smoke and mirrors. My local base has been doing all kinds of 'drills'.

Fear mongering?

I'm just reporting the news. Take your complaints up with the news agency and the government officials saying these things.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

Wow, just wow.

Not making excuses for anyone, just trying to refrain from jumping to conclusions. I'm only reporting what we know. All we know is that the government saw an imminent threat on two occasions, and reacted differently on both occasions; leading me to believe they had good reason to do so.

I'll await evidence to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Enter Evil 2.0

Just in case ISIS doesn't pan out for the US agenda. Gotta have that back-up demon.

I don't believe any of it.

Peace

Have to keep the boogeyman nice n' fresh and dangerous. So repackage and re brand under another name . Al Qaeda was getting kinda stale anyway.

Need a new boogeyman to compete with the new seasons of Survivor, American Idol, The Voice and all the other brain candy.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: DeepImpactX

Stay on topic, please; this is a little more serious than wheat.

No it's not. There is nothing more important than food. Healthy food at that.

And I am on topic by pointing out how irrelevant it is to the average American. When was the last time our country was invaded by a foreign entity? The Japanese? Invaded on foot? The British? And this is because we bomb other countries from their own airspace in order to keep them from coming over here? Been to the Texas/Mexico border lately?

usgovinfo.about.com...

Have you taken a look at the part of the Japanese Constitution where it states specifically that they are not to be militarily aggressive towards any nation on foreign soil? That the only military aggression allowed is defensively..........on their own turf?

www.princeton.edu...

How's that worked out for them? Wise up. War does not lead to peace. It never has and it never will.

Replace the poppy fields in Afghanistan, coca fields in South America with Khorasan fields. Feed the world and quit drugging it. Retain the current farmers and tell Monsanto to butt out.

Arrest the illegals coming across the borders and do 2 things with them all: Have half of them work for prison wages to erect a fence that will actually keep people out. (Anything other than the fence surrounding the White House should do just fine). Put the other half to work as infantrymen on those foreign soils that are such a danger to us Americans, so we can bring our ground troops back home and supervise the new workforce on the border. And you don't have to worry about troop rotations until the fence gets done. Until that time, we'll have illegals sitting in tent cities from Arizona to Texas that Sheriff Joe can set up, training waiting for deployment. By that time, when the fence is done, our new ground troops in the M.E. should have their job done. Screw ISIS, ever piss off a hungry Mexican?

See how easy that is? People are productive and they're eating well.

Speaking of which, I'm hungry. Gotta go.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
After reading this Washington Post Article, it would seem that the imminent threat consisted of explosives or the means to produce them.... nearly half a world away.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

We will never learn...why are people so easily led in this age? Stupidity has run rampant in the world. They don't need undetectable bombs, the entire northern border is open.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So you don't think they are just the back up threat since ISIS isn't as threatening as they were a few months ago. The media could only cover them as a horde of locusts for so long before people from the area started chiming in. Someone from Iraq said they could run them out anytime they want but for now there was a benefit (i forget what that was - maybe it created a need for the baathists who had experience with government unlike the others that are trying to keep it together?)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The end game is toppling Assad and regime change in Syria. What the American government has become is terrifying and transparent. A hostile nation willing to bomb any nation on Earth back to the stone age to protect the petro dollar, corporate interests and to fuel the military industrial complex.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

Wow, just wow.

Not making excuses for anyone, just trying to refrain from jumping to conclusions. I'm only reporting what we know. All we know is that the government saw an imminent threat on two occasions, and reacted differently on both occasions; leading me to believe they had good reason to do so.

I'll await evidence to the contrary.

Not jumping to conclusions?

You have already concluded that the government are to be trusted and that the news "sources" are telling the truth.
Even in the face of so much evidence to the contrary, you still believe, and yes you make excuses for them.

What we really know is absolutely NOTHING. Unless you are there, you know nothing.
As for the trust in government and the media, well, do I really need to spell that one out?

edit on 20149America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 23 Sep 2014 13:15:39 -05000914 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan

We will never learn...why are people so easily led in this age? Stupidity has run rampant in the world. They don't need undetectable bombs, the entire northern border is open.

People are becoming more and more selfish...Compassion for your fellow man has but almost gone..... "i'm alright Jack" has well and truly replaced "are you alright jack"

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan

Its true.... America has hit a new low if they fall for this dog and pony show..... undetectable bombs or means to produce explosives pft.... ISIS could shop for their goods at any US home and garden store....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
The end game is toppling Assad and regime change in Syria. What the American government has become is terrifying and transparent. A hostile nation willing to bomb any nation on Earth back to the stone age to protect the petro dollar, corporate interests and to fuel the military industrial complex.

THAT!!!

I mean really, its not just the Americans either. Its the whole damn "internationalist" regime.
Looks like our politicians here in the UK are foaming at the mouth to get involved in the killing of human beings, both guilty and innocent, even though another unholy coalition has already stepped up to fight manufactured phantoms and boogiemen.

It really is so damn transparent that I really have to question the sanity of those that support it.
Just goes to show how bad the education system has really become.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Have to head to work for the next 10-11 hours. If this thread still warrants it, I'll update it when I return.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How are the goat-herding terrorists supposed to get over here with their weapons again?

Was it commercial airlines? They'd probably have a hard time getting through with AKs. Maybe I'm wrong? Unless of course Israelis were doing security like with shoe bomber and underwear bomber.

Maybe they have captured some old planes to transport soldiers and weapons? They'd have to evade american air defenses, NORAD, etc. Pretty hard, unless of course Dick Cheyney made a phone call and had NORAD shut down and air defenses out on wild goose chases like the day the missile hit the Pentagon.

I'm confused. Who are the real terrorists again?

EF You Kay the NSA by the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Some of you guys are kind of naive with the constant talk of how awful we are State side for "killing" to defend our interests. I'd be the first guy to agree a lot more can be done to speed away from resource dependence, corporate goals etc, etc. But regardless that wont be accomplished overnight and the petrol dollar going bye, bye or terrorist strikes happening, not securing what we need for now or all of the above in tandem would be devastating and why the assumption exists that who we are dealing with globally is any better than us I have no idea, it would be horrible to allow control of our fates to in anyway be in the hands of Islamic groups or others in any way, the humanity of people who believe your an "infidel" shouldn't be counted on for a second, nor the goals of nations like Russia and others, sorry but in RL if there is one water well and 2 neighbors the last thing you do is leave control of your families water in your neighbors hands, particularly if he world view tends to be that you need to die and go to hell by the very nature of being there and thinking differently.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join