It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Imminent Attack’ in U.S. Prompted Airstrikes on Khorasan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Airstrikes in Syria against the extremist Khorasan group were prompted by planning for an “imminent” terror attack on U.S. soil, the Pentagon said.

“We believe the individuals plotting and planning it were eliminated” in the eight U.S. airstrikes overnight, Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon spokesman, said today

The militant group is made up of a “network of seasoned al-Qaeda veterans” preparing to attack “United States and Western interests,” the Defense Department said in a statement.

Looks like the heat is not only being turned up on ISIS, but also this previously relatively-unheard-of on Khorasan.

Currently, the Pentagon has said on CNN that they have been eyeing them for a while. In my opinion, it was wise to not tell the public about them until now, it helped take them by surprise.

Hopefully the Pentagon really did hit them hard enough to divert the imminent attack!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Reports are indicating that the Pentagon isn't fully confident that their strikes on Khorasan were effective in stopping the "imminent attacks" against the US.

Hopefully this didn't harden their resolve, like I suspect it did...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Recent intelligence indicating that bomb-makers from Yemen have teamed up with terrorists in Syria to develop a new generation of undetectable explosives is "more frightening than anything" else the Obama administration has seen, Attorney General Eric Holder warned, becoming the first U.S. official to publicly confirm ABC News reporting on the threat.

ABC News

Seems like these threats were VERY frightening!

I truly hope we thwarted them with these strikes.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They can make up any story they want....the more fantastic the better....it scares the Shiite out of Americans and allows indiscriminate bombing of anyone anywhere,,,ask me,.... its ALL theater for the idiots at home.....

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Enter Evil 2.0

Just in case ISIS doesn't pan out for the US agenda. Gotta have that back-up demon.

I don't believe any of it.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I just wonder about all these 'new' groups cropping up. The one they are supposed to be fighting this ISIS or whatever. Since when can they not make up their minds on what to call it? Something is not right here. And now ta da, we have a new enemy on top of this!!!! Khorasan. The whole thing stinks to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Haha, yeah sure, personally I think this was made up just to justify against any criticism the airstrikes may have got for this:

Eight civilians, three of them children, have been killed in the US-led air strikes on Al-Qaeda Nusra front positions, Reuters reported, citing Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

rt.com...
edit on -180002014-09-23T11:22:50-05:000000005030201450092014Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:22:50 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
He we all go again, calling these piggies by any name other than scumbag piggies. If the news would call them 'scumbag piggies' we would be actually getting somewhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just hope that imenent attack is more accurate than the weapons of mass destruction was. a reply to: gatorboi117

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They think they got them!!! pouahahahahahaha

I am no polititian nor subject mater expert but if this attack was really imminent (ie really close! right?). Dont they think that the terrorists involved as well as the explosives or whatever they plan on using are already in place or in movement.

People always seem to think that terrorists are idiots!! I say dont underestimate the ennemy as they could already be on your doorsteps!!!

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The attack would have definately killed a few innocent people. So that did not solve anything just created a dozen or so more jihadis. a reply to: gatorboi117

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is as daft a concept as trying to fix your debt problem by creating more debt. You will never fix the problem if you kill 6 and instantly create 10 more, then kill the 10 and create by doing it 20 more.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Your post taught me something today. I Googled Khorasan and this is what I found:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's healthy, can safely be eaten by those with wheat allergies, has a good taste and is grown mainly in Montana and Saskatchewan,(Are you still with us Jude11? Do you use this in your restaurant?) even though it originated in certain regions of Afghanistan and Iran. Hence the name.

www.julianbakery.com...

Does Khorasan exist? It sure does, and in a few weeks it's going to be existing in my kitchen. I want to try it myself. What are they bombing in the Middle East? Don't know. Don't care.

Mods, please move this to the food section so everyone can have a healthy discussion.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Khorasan...Ah, What a Scary Name...Sounds like a Cross between the Qur'an and Hassan.

Ye, we get it, He's a big bad scary man from the middle east and i must dig deep into my pockets again just so i can sleep soundly at night in the Knowledge the people in charge have it all under control ...Thank You, dont know how i could live my life without you.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

en.wikipedia.org...

Khorasan is a region.

This terror group we are striking is known as the Khorasan Group.

Yes, there is also a wheat variety from that region.

Stay on topic, please; this is a little more serious than wheat.
edit on 23-9-2014 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well this all makes for good theatre .... Even if it is true.

If the strikes in the US were imminent, how do the strikes in Syria thwart them?
edit on bu302014-09-23T12:59:51-05:0012America/ChicagoTue, 23 Sep 2014 12:59:51 -050012u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ISIS allegedly giving instructions to sleeper-cells in the US now:

ISIS to Sleeper Cells in America: “Rig the roads with explosives for them. Attack their bases. Raid their homes. Cut off their heads. Do not let them feel secure.”

News Source

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

Airstrikes in Syria against the extremist Khorasan group were prompted by planning for an “imminent” terror attack on U.S. soil, the Pentagon said.

“We believe the individuals plotting and planning it were eliminated” in the eight U.S. airstrikes overnight, Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon spokesman, said today

The militant group is made up of a “network of seasoned al-Qaeda veterans” preparing to attack “United States and Western interests,” the Defense Department said in a statement.

Looks like the heat is not only being turned up on ISIS, but also this previously relatively-unheard-of on Khorasan.

Currently, the Pentagon has said on CNN that they have been eyeing them for a while. In my opinion, it was wise to not tell the public about them until now, it helped take them by surprise.

Hopefully the Pentagon really did hit them hard enough to divert the imminent attack!

I call BS.

Fantasy tales to make the yet again unjustified actions abroad seem justified.

The first victim of war is the truth.
Actually the first victim of everything these days is the truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
First of all, since when was it ok to bomb someone based on what they were planning on doing instead of being based on what they had done??? I can't help but be a bit disturbed on where the line has been drawn.

Not that I think they should not have been stopped. But seriously, think about this for second. When Bush was in charge, he tried something like that and was crucified. Now it is just matter of fact. Lets bomb them because they are thinking of doing something to people that might include us.... AND WE ARE OK WITH THIS??????

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

The use of the phrase "imminent" implies that they were doing more than just "thinking" of attacking us. Imminent means an attack was developed, and was in the process of being deployed.

More intelligence regarding this decision will be forth-coming when it is strategically convenient.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join