It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Imminent Attack’ in U.S. Prompted Airstrikes on Khorasan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I don't really see how any of the posts decrying the stories being touted in the main stream media leads to a resolution that in any way 'denies ignornace'.

If you think we are being lied to, fair enough, that's a valid opinion, care to back it up with any verifiable facts at your disposal? I really would like to hear a counter argument to the official line other then 'your just making that up!'

I'm more than willing to entertain the idea that there is some sort of hidden agenda, however just don't see how protesting the reality as it is presented in the face of facts which are open to investigation is in any way constructive.

Unless of course you have some information you are willing to share?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
These air strikes won't make a d*mn bit of difference...it's just good theater.

The "sleeper cells" are already HERE...and guess what, folks? They are NOT SLEEPING.

The old adage "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" still holds true. If the administration had wanted America safe, it should have done something about that huge piece of Swiss cheese known as the Southern Border a very long time ago.

The only cells sleeping in this country are those in the craniums of the government of this country.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
They can make up any story they want....the more fantastic the better....it scares the Shiite out of Americans and allows indiscriminate bombing of anyone anywhere,,,ask me,.... its ALL theater for the idiots at home.....

Well said!

This pretty much sums it all up.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

Read the headlines, there is a Harbinger of Doom!!!

The world police are at work, they can predict terrorist acts beforehand... future safe havens for terrorists will not be tolerated at your local Walmart....

edit on 23-9-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

No disrespect Amigo, however, I assume you are a student or Prof at FSU.
What I find surprising is you appear to accept this MSM fear mongering
garbage. Just my opinion, but it is no secret the MSM are cheer leaders
for government policies of aggression and disinformation. Prior to this alleged new threat,
there are a half dozen other groups we are suppose to FEAR.

Over coffee this am my friend ( an Attorney ) was standing at our table doing 180 degree
turns left to right. " What the hell are you doing Ken? ' Looking for ISIS !' Their everywhere
now. " REALLY !? " Ken don't watch the supposed News, it's BS.
He was obviously kidding.

" Imminent attacks " CIA ,FBI and the Executive Branch are laughing their asses off.
edit on 23-9-2014 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag, why not tell the public exactly what the "imminent attack" was/is?

It's not like Khorasan's are going to not still try it, if they can. They know that we know. Might as well let the public in on it as well. it's not going to stop them from trying it.

Unless it would be embarrassing to the White House, cough cough, Southern Border entry.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
As far as I recall I've never even heard of Khorasan before as a terrorist group. An old region that used to be mainly in what is now Iran, yeah. That's historic. But a terrorist group? Nope. New one on me.

Anyway, when I see an odd name like that I like to drop it into an anagram solver and see what other words or phrases the letters might make.

Here's one of the results that I found interesting:
noahs ark

Noah's Ark. The floating refuge built to protect the select few from the great flood.

Just coincidence? Probably. But still, I thought it worth mentioning.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
At least it seems the airstrikes got a high profile figure:

However, the airstrikes killed the leader of al Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front, according to a statement released by the group. It identified the leader as Abu Yousef al-Turki, also known as "the Turk." The al-Nusra statement posted on Twitter was accompanied by a so-called proof-of-death -- a photograph -- of the former fighter. CNN cannot independently verify al-Nusra's claims, but the monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported the terror group was among those targeted during the airstrikes.

CNN

It's almost humorous how many different radical groups there are in that area. And they all seem to hate each other as well as everybody else.

Also on a side note the Raptor draws it's first blood:

The strikes marked the first time the United States used F-22 Raptor stealth aircraft in a combat role. The military has previously run into problems with the aircraft.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They can make up any story they want....the more fantastic the better....it scares the Shiite out of Americans and allows indiscriminate bombing of anyone anywhere,,,ask me,.... its ALL theater for the idiots at home.....

Really is amazing that so many people believe that nonsense.

It would have flown under the last administration.

But the new one was all about hope and change.

Saying they are lying about terrorists ?

They 'don't exist eh ?

Here's a thought.

How about go asking the Foley's, Sotioff's, and the Hanie's, and the Pearls.

Oh wait we can't.

They were beheaded.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I know right, the only bad people are in the CIA-NSA-FBI-DOD-whatever.

I mean no such thing as an evil person or group of people unless it fits some tin-foil conspiracy populated by an alphabet group.

Lets ignore the fact that different groups of people have been doing horrible-violent-bad things to other groups of people since the dawn of time.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
lol, another boogieman?

this really reminds me of bit in the opening scene in the film "the big hit", where they're sent to assassinate this guy....while Melvin(Mark Wahlberg) is off doing all the work, his partners Vince(Antonio Sabato Jr.), and Cisco(Lou Diamond Philips) hang back, and bulls**t with one another....when Melvin calls for help/backup, Cisco comes back over the radio, firing his gun, like he's fighting off bodyguards, telling Melvin that him and Vince are pinned down, and "We're holdin' 'em back for you, man!"

so yeah, that's our government in a nutshell...make s**t up, and claim to be protecting us from the s**t they made up...

great film, by the way...if none of you have seen it, you should see if it's on netflix, or something...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It couldn't have been too imminent, they were still in Syria and figuring out the logistics. When I hear the words imminent attack I think of terrorists in the final stage of their plot, on US soil and in position.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog
a reply to: gatorboi117

No disrespect Amigo, however, I assume you are a student or Prof at FSU.
What I find surprising is you appear to accept this MSM fear mongering
garbage. Just my opinion, but it is no secret the MSM are cheer leaders
for government policies of aggression and disinformation. Prior to this alleged new threat,
there are a half dozen other groups we are suppose to FEAR.

Over coffee this am my friend ( an Attorney ) was standing at our table doing 180 degree
turns left to right. " What the hell are you doing Ken? ' Looking for ISIS !' Their everywhere
now. " REALLY !? " Ken don't watch the supposed News, it's BS.
He was obviously kidding.

" Imminent attacks " CIA ,FBI and the Executive Branch are laughing their asses off.

I don't quite accept it fully, I just go off of the information that I have. I usually find error in the "official stories" that we're given, but I do know there is usually some truth behind it. The men and women of our military and intelligence agencies are exceptional at what they do, although they do make mistakes/tell lies at the same time.

I'm not sure the extent to what this is true. But until I have evidence that proves otherwise, their story does make sense.

But I'm open to evidence to the contrary.

By the way, thank you for the respectful manner in which you addressed my post.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

Airstrikes in Syria against the extremist Khorasan group were prompted by planning for an “imminent” terror attack on U.S. soil, the Pentagon said.

“We believe the individuals plotting and planning it were eliminated” in the eight U.S. airstrikes overnight, Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon spokesman, said today

The militant group is made up of a “network of seasoned al-Qaeda veterans” preparing to attack “United States and Western interests,” the Defense Department said in a statement.

‘Imminent Attack’ in U.S. Prompted Airstrikes on Khorasan

Looks like the heat is not only being turned up on ISIS, but also this previously relatively-unheard-of on Khorasan.

Currently, the Pentagon has said on CNN that they have been eyeing them for a while. In my opinion, it was wise to not tell the public about them until now, it helped take them by surprise.

Hopefully the Pentagon really did hit them hard enough to divert the imminent attack!

Umm, isn't that why we went to war with Al Qaeda?

Hmm, so Obama can order a presumptive attack and it's all good, but Bush wasn't allowed?

Hypocrisy much?
edit on 9/24/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
As far as I recall I've never even heard of Khorasan before as a terrorist group. An old region that used to be mainly in what is now Iran, yeah. That's historic. But a terrorist group? Nope. New one on me.

Anyway, when I see an odd name like that I like to drop it into an anagram solver and see what other words or phrases the letters might make.

Here's one of the results that I found interesting:
noahs ark

Noah's Ark. The floating refuge built to protect the select few from the great flood.

Just coincidence? Probably. But still, I thought it worth mentioning.

It was reported yesterday by Christiane Amanpour on Twitter.

ISIS “are not Muslims – this is a very deviated cult,” Bahrain Foreign Minister @khalidalkhalifa tells me: cnn.it...

Why did Bahrain send F16s to strike ISIS in Syria? Foreign Minister @khalidalkhalifa tells me: cnn.it...

This comes from Bahrain. Apparently if an Islamic group is too Islamic, it makes other Islamic states nervous.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Laughable.

You clowns hiding in your NSA jobs are beneath contempt.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join