It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up.... current DDOS attack underway....US and China major players

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I like how some members are calling it a hoax with zero information to back it up. I don't know anything about this, therefore, hoax.

I can't confirm the validity of the site. I'm going look into it, see what I can gather on it.
edit on 21-9-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was watching for only about 30 seconds, and I saw this incoming attack to southern California.

This video shows what the traffic looked like just before a previous major Facebook downtime. You can see how the normal traffic looks right before the attack goes off.

The U.S. currently has 2400 attack targets compared to other countries like Hong Kong, which has 89. The YouTube video shows 12,000 targets in the U.S. during a "major" attack, so that is still much more than the current numbers at 9:00 pm Pacific time.
edit on 21pmSun, 21 Sep 2014 23:07:54 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
I like how some members are calling it a hoax with zero information to back it up. I don't know anything about this, therefore, hoax.

I can't confirm the validity of the site, I'm going look into it, see what I can gather on it.

Some people aren't very good at trying to think and doing a tiny bit of google research. I find them to be legit so far. I'm looking into "gartner research" who claims this company (norse ipviking) can monitor real time attacks rivaling or complimenting Mastercard and Visa technology in the same area. the VP of that company (gartner) made the statement and she used to work at the world bank.. I mean as far as my short search can tell.
edit on 21-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Star^

I Googled it then ran it through Duckduckgo. Several articles, blog mentions, youtube results appeared. As much as I despise Google, it is a very useful tool for authenticating or debunking an item of discussion.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

That's the info I was looking for darkbake. So this is something like 1/6 of a major attack. I am on a slow computer, had to close the window so I'm not watching anymore.

I'm going to remember the link though for future reference.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It is up over 8000 now
(right click and view image to see full sized)

9000 by the time I could post it.

edit on 21-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

I was going to post it under breaking alternative, but it wasn't a reported news story to use as a source as it was going on as I typed.

It was pretty intense there for a minute and it honestly looked like alternating waves from the US and China as much as I could tell. The screen was going so fast that was all you could really make out.

Personally I have the site bookmarked, it could come in useful for me.

EDIT: Battlenet is still being affected 90 minutes and counting.
edit on R322014-09-21T23:32:15-05:00k329Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That looks like some kind of wild multi-player online game - build your nuclear silo, airbases, defences, satellites, radar, jamming, ACM, choose your missile types, join an alliance, broadcast propaganda to recruit new members, join in on attacks. Points scored for every successful direct hit.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Digital Attack Map is showing what appears to be a high volume attack ongoing, so I'm assuming the OP's link is legit, too.

Interesting nonetheless, it goes to show how essentially constant net attacks really are.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

simple.
when you see your home town hit and then look out the window the "happening now" claim goes out the , ah, window.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If it matters, here's a link to a blog discussing the map, who created it and why.

www.rdx.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Who knows what it is.
To post a thread under WWIII forum with alarmist headlines is very rude and as Tinker9917 points out, not funny at all.

The first shots of the next world war will most likely come from a keyboard long before it will a rifle or a bomb. First step is to dismantle the infrastructure. You used to have to send in someone to sabotage a system. Nowadays, you just log on to your computer.

I put the line in there for mods to move for a reason. I didn't know where else to post this at the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

hit by what?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The US just got hit by another massive wave. Some organization called Hurricane Electric seems to be getting hit a whole lot.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

hit by what?

Instant sunshine.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

Why would there be instant sunshine?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hurricane Electric?

Hurricane Electric is a global Internet service provider offering IPv4 and IPv6 services,[1] as well as data center and web hosting services in Fremont, California, where the company is based.

Hurricane Electric operates the largest Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) transit network globally, as measured by the count of interconnections (peering) to other networks.[2] The majority of these adjacencies are native IPv6 BGP sessions. This may be determined with Hurricane Electric's BGP looking glass at lg.he.net....

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: kx12x

simple.
when you see your home town hit and then look out the window the "happening now" claim goes out the , ah, window.

I think you got lost somewhere near the beginning.. I don't think looking out your window will confirm Internet traffic attacks. What kind of eyes do you have to see such a thing? haha

DDoS = acronym for?
...Distributed Denial of Service...
DDos Attack
edit on 22-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Yes I did. My parents met in WWII and frrom early childhood have lived under the threat of WWIII my whole life.
For me, the term WWII means atomic bombs and the logo on the forum head shows a mushroom cloud. I have a long bred knee-jerk reaction to the immediate threat of that and experienced a solid moment of pure terror until I followed the link and could follow it for what it was.
Hence my,well, knee-jerk reaction.

And there are so many letters being tossed around these days, I had no idea what DDoS was. Mostly a generational thing I guess.

edit on 22-9-2014 by TerryMcGuire because: And there are so many letters being tossed around these days, I had no idea what DDoS was. Mostly a generational thing I guess.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

That's all good. Glad we got past that. No worries.

I hope it didn't affect you too bad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join