It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up.... current DDOS attack underway....US and China major players

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

So has WW3 started yet or is it all just teenage boys that haven't discovered women? I'm gonna put my money on all this simply being just another day in cyber space.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Lol, sh#t just got real

Shortly after

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

So has WW3 started yet or is it all just teenage boys that haven't discovered women? I'm gonna put my money on all this simply being just another day in cyber space.

Well, If I read the Topic sentence correct, then... DDos attack.. China, USA major players. Who knows whos actually behind it or what the motive is, or if its a regular day in the neighborhood.

What I have been able to establish is that the site displaying the data is in fact legit, and is said to have the capability to do exactly what it says it does.

Is this world war 3 beginning?
That's only something you answer and debate after the fact. Often time beginnings are much more blurred than endings. So just as you don't call it WWI until WWII happened, you can't call this the beginning until you're in the middle somewhere.

In short I don't know.

I think you'll find my posts to be only exploring, and not concluding. This topic may be in the wrong forum section. I am not focused on that.
edit on 22-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
looking at it currently it's mainly attacks on the US but probably if you looked at the IPV4 allocation a major percentage of it is American owned and technically an IP address could be anywhere in the world

most of what i'm seeing now is just automated port scanning crap which probably gets dropped as it enters the network by basic firewall rules so its not actually any problem and even the burst stuff will probably get throttled with good QoS settings

but the amount of stuff coming from the US military should really mean someone should get on the phone and issue a bollocking for being lazy or at least check the machine for nasties

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

This all looks so much cooler if you pretend they are giant lasers.
Seriously though, I do think this is normal behavior we are seeing but it still looks awesome shown this way.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
For those claiming the Norse site is a hoax or unreliable: I work for a very large, global organization (second largest in the world for our industry) and the Norse map is one of the many tools up on the video wall in our network control room (NOC, in '90s terms). We've found it to be accurate and reliable.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
A similar map which someone posted on a previous occasion, when service really was slowing down, pointed out that the apparent origin of an attack is not necessarily the real one.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Crikey - The Us Military DDOSing China eh? Oh and it's own country.

At the moment a lot of attacks from the Phillipines.

But yeah suppose there is no way to know directly right for most of them? Zombie computers, shells etc and all that Jazz.

Star and flag my friend, possibly wrong forum, but thank you so much for sharing!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Nothing really too drastic going on.
The only strange part are the attacks that are of military origin, never seen this before.

Btw. another website to show this traffic is www.digitalattackmap.com...

There you can see the past traffic spikes and realize it is nothing big going on
edit on 22-9-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Happening again now.
US is getting hammered hard.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Pfft

Larger

This stuff happens every day. Today us very tame. When you start seeing thousands of attacks it gets interesting.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Anonymous at it again..

Anonymous Hacker Group Launches Cyber War Against Islamic State Militants: Reports

The Anonymous hacker and activist group has decided to launch a cyber war against the Islamic State (IS), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) or the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), France24 TV channel reported Monday.

"We plan to attack several countries that were knowingly supporting ISIS financially including Turkey and Saudi Arabia. We warned that if they continued to support ISIS we would be forced to destroy their virtual infrastructure. And yes we have those who can do this," a member of Anonymous told France24 in an interview aired on the Tech24 TV show.

Source

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The only thing missing are sound effects...

PEW PEW PEW

I saw the US getting nailed with massive simultaneous attacks from the Middle of the Atlantic, Pacific oceans and from both North and South poles
edit on 22-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well you probably confused ddos attack with some other kind of attack. DDOS really doesn't do much at all...its more of an annoyance than an actual attack. Probably a bunch of 16 year olds and under who read some forum post to ddos attack some website.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Alright you piqued my curiosity... If this site is legit, I want to know how they wrote the back-end for it; as [being a software engineer] I find it difficult to believe that tracking DDOS attempts is actually feasible in any way...

The only way I can see this being possible is if the sites administration is actually part of the 'DDOS network' that allows for this sort of attack -- my hopes are that they are simply observers and not contributors...

Cheers regardless; very cool model if it's accurate - I'm going to favorite it just because. If it turns up being real I'd hate to lose track of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There is often some DDOS attacks going on on the weekend when the script kiddies are bored.
"World War 3"? : ) Ok...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Very cool even... I just saw a huge burst worldwide directed at the U.S.

I'm very intrigued. My hopes that it's real.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

Alright you piqued my curiosity... If this site is legit, I want to know how they wrote the back-end for it; as [being a software engineer] I find it difficult to believe that tracking DDOS attempts is actually feasible in any way...

The only way I can see this being possible is if the sites administration is actually part of the 'DDOS network' that allows for this sort of attack -- my hopes are that they are simply observers and not contributors...

Cheers regardless; very cool model if it's accurate - I'm going to favorite it just because. If it turns up being real I'd hate to lose track of it.

as far as I know, they set up honeypots and then analyze the traffic which targets their honeypots.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
lol, idk, even if the site is legit, location accuracy is unknown, half of this attack traffic could be gaming clans flooding eachothers ubuntu/debian and windows boxes, lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
China is still bombarding the U.S @ this moment!

number 1 right now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join