It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieing about your NDE hoping to save face?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've always felt that the overwhelming stories of enlightenment resulting from NDEs may be somewhat sugar coated. I think the quoted opinion below sheds some interesting light on this issue.

The negative experiences have long since been relegated to the painless portions of the memory. The victim is apparently unable to coexist with this painful memory. Intolerable situations often lead to other solutions such as a personal, religious conversion, a situation sometimes difficult to detect unless the patient volunteers the information. Thus, hell cases are not reported. Hell cases remain unreported due to personal ego and/ or embarrassment. Patients don't want to discuss a matter that confirms ultimate failure in life, an overwhelming defeat, or a slap in the face. Since the experience destroys self-esteem, pride conceals the error. Nothing more than human nature.

www.watchman.org...

Yes you do go to hell (in a matter of speaking) if you commanded a less than honorable life. It's all a matter of an objective perspective no one can escape when finally confronted with the end of their mortal life. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maybe those that experience hell are not allowed to return? Anyone would 'repent' immediately to change their destination , there by 'cheating' the devil out of a catch--wouldn't you think he'd try to hold on, once he had them?

They would also make a very powerful witness for 'salvation'--I imagine the devil would not want them doing that either.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You know something about hell, its temporary in the end every one will be free from sin. It only exist to keep people in line with good opposed to evil.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Maybe those that experience hell are not allowed to return? Anyone would 'repent' immediately to change their destination , there by 'cheating' the devil out of a catch--wouldn't you think he'd try to hold on, once he had them?

The concept of the devil is irrelevant. It appears the process of dying involves forcing the person to see themselves objectively as they lived. This of course would appear hellish if the person lived dishonorably most of their life up to that point. These same people would also be inclined to look for something external like the devil when in fact they are the devil themselves (metaphorically speaking).

Personally, at this point in my life, If I were to encounter this type of NDE experience, I am happy to say that I can comfortably bear witness to all that I've done in my life so far & be satisfied.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This source you linked seems to be a little skewed toward the God-fearing Christian mindset. Note all of the links within the text are terms like Jesus, Satan, Christians, etc. They report that those people who say that the afterlife is peaceful and nice, are being fooled by Satan.

Also, the one negative example they give, the guy was able to tell the doc "I'm in hell" Thats not as dead as I like my NDE's to be

But, Sen5e, aside from the source lacking a degree of credibility (for my tastes, mind you), your point is quite valid. I have wondered the same many times. I just believe that if you are good, you need not fear what comes after you die.
I honestly think a lot of NDEs are not necessarily telling of the afterlife, because they didn't take a long enough tour to know for sure, if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
IMO everyone goes thru the same death process in the sense that they go thru a 'quick' re-experiencing of their life up to that point.

Whether or not they are able to come back or not from the brink of death doesn't really matter. I'm sure those who do manage to return from the brink of death with or without an NDE, come back with a different perspective on life regardless.

What happens after physical death (where your spirit ends up) is greatly affected by the individual's belief system.

My 2 cents.

I remember an NDE variation of sorts myself some time ago but it isn't like the classical type often described in the literature I've seen. I was trying to cross a busy street in a foreign country. Time kind of got warped at the moment of crossing. There was an oncoming taxi that was going too fast to be able to stop if I had crossed at that moment. For a split second I felt hands (or more like some kind of energy that was metaphorically like hands) hold me back & at the same moment, time seemed to have slowed down or warped. It was a very distinctive, hard to describe feeling. There was no one around me.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
I remember an NDE variation of sorts myself some time ago but it isn't like the classical type often described in the literature I've seen. I was trying to cross a busy street in a foreign country. Time kind of got warped at the moment of crossing. There was an oncoming taxi that was going too fast to be able to stop if I had crossed at that moment. For a split second I felt hands (or more like some kind of energy that was metaphorically like hands) hold me back & at the same moment, time seemed to have slowed down or warped. It was a very distinctive, hard to describe feeling. There was no one around me.

Though it may have been quite the startling moment, that sounds like a nice experience. By that I mean, it sounds like a spiritual intervention of sorts. Its quite possible there is *someone* who keeps an eye out for you, making sure you stay here til its your time to go.

new topics

top topics

join