It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Population may grow to 11 Billion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I'll be honest. We already have technology that could make us a "post-scarcity" civilization. They're just suppressed and buried. The true problem is not the 7+ billion on the planet, it's the extraordinarily tiny percentage that rules those 7+ billion.

I disagree, I understand the resentment for the practices of the elite... but be honest, the vast majority of the things the elite do that we get pissed at is completely birth control by design and it works, from the GMO crap, to the financial inequities etc, it's all about that sperm count and not having enough money for people to reproduce endlessly. Be real, the elite have always been about breeding "quality" over quantity even in their own lives... The 100,000 a year plus sect sticks to that 2.0 kids almost across the board. Even the slightly over the top prison system in the USA revolves almost entirely around removal of uncooperative Male demographics from the gene pool during prime breeding ages. child support, domestic violence, drug use... if your a Male and your "partying" with a low income or being an unproductive parent they lock you up/take your money so you can't afford more...

I do agree we could be a "post scarcity" civilization tech wise... but that still doesn't mean a great quality of life, just because the Japanese can make chop meat from human excrement doesn't mean anyone wants to eat it... nor that it's a nice planet to live on when the suburbs compromise an entire nation and there is no actually space for people to enjoy etc, etc.... They want to keep numbers to a degree where anyone who busts their butt working can still dream of beach front property or forest land for a home and that's probably not a bad thing...

Produce more than you consume for society is the rule of the day in the modern world and it's hard to bash for me mentally....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Can anyone prove to me the population of this planet is 7+ billion people right now?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Can anyone prove to me the population of this planet is 7+ billion people right now?

Lol, are you joking ? What are the reasons that you dont believe that current population is approx 7 262 000 000

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
For all those crazy people who think that population growth isn't a problem read on. Much of this planet is going to be decimated and the effects will be felt by everyone around the world as more immigration, pollution, and fighting for resources make life a living hell. Don't say you weren't warned.

www.humanosphere.org...

World population estimations are often fraught with issues as population growth is subject to a multitude of encouragements/discouragements to reproduce including socioeconomic and climatic. There are some projections of human population that essentially state that the world population will not continuously grow without end but will, in fact, stabilize. As our world changes, so does our drive to reproduce.

www.sciencedaily.com...

See Japan for an interesting example of socioeconomic effects on birth rates. The government has been toying with the idea of playing matchmaker in order to stop the net population decline in Japan. Maybe they need okcupid in Japan. lol

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Lol, are you joking ? What are the reasons that you dont believe that current population is approx 7 262 000 000

I might ask the same question of you. What are the reasons you believe the current population is 7+ billion? Because they say it is?

If I wanted to convince people there are way too many of us. Overestimating the worlds population by a third or more, would be one way to do it. Who is going to prove otherwise?

I find it odd that ATSers will criticize every other "official" figure posted to ATS but one. Population figures. So no, I am not joking. I can't prove those figures are wrong. But neither can anyone prove they are right.
edit on 9/21/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I might ask the same question of you. What are the reasons you believe the current population is 7+ billion? Because they say it is?

If I wanted to convince people there are way too many of us. Overestimating the worlds population by a third or more, would be one way to do it. Who is going to prove otherwise?

I find it odd that ATSers will criticize every other "official" figure posted to ATS but one. Population figures.

Good call.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Have you actually looked into this or are you just throwing questions out having done zero research on the matter?

These numbers are not derived from one census, one bureau, or country. The US has several censuses as do many other countries some more some less, their findings are public knowledge and to answer your question of who could prove otherwise the answer is anyone with the motivation even you could but I doubt you would even try. BTW as I was looking up population estimates I found they vary from one source to another some by as much as 100.000,000 I find that acceptable because of places like North Korea where information on their current state of affairs would not be considered reliable.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry, but there is census every 10 years in almost all states in the World.There is other many more statistical operations.Thousands and thousand of people are involved in this. Its impossible to hide or distort the numbers of people population.I´m ashamed that i answered this stupid question. By your logic i can ask you , i think that Earth have a diamond shape , prove me that i'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Sorry, but there is census every 10 years in almost all states in the World.There is other many more statistical operations.Thousands and thousand of people are involved in this. Its impossible to hide or distort the numbers of people population.I´m ashamed that i answered this stupid question. By your logic i can ask you , i think that Earth have a diamond shape , prove me that i'm wrong.

We have satellites dedicated to many things out there in space, facial recognition mechanisms, we can zoom in on one particular person in one minute, and many other ways we could get a more accurate and TIMELY account ( Better than every 10 years ) of how many people inhabit this planet. Hell, we could even make all that open for the public to see in real time. No more depending on people behind closed doors to tell us how many people there are.

Going door to door and sending out questionnaires via snail mail is an antiquated method that I can't believe anyone takes any stock in these days.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
a reply to: xavi1000

You can both be as condescending as you would like. It doesn't shame me, or sway my opinion on the matter. Yes, I have looked into how these figures are derived, and there's plenty of room and ways for them to be overestimated. That thousands of people are involved, makes it that much easier. Not harder.

Nevertheless, I realize this is an unresolvable debate. My question has been answered.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX
There is some truth to that, I suppose. But we do have ways of getting reasonably accurate numbers. The problem is, those means are not often used nationally. Local figures are frequently more accurate than national or census. These are figured from things like voter registration, utility bills, school registration, local employment, and so on. From what I have been told, their numbers, and federal numbers, rarely match, and are usually quite different. For instance, in one county they can be off by thousands. With federal figures almost always being higher.

If you can get aquainted with, and get the right people to talk. It's amazing what you can learn. But hey, I'm just an ignorant conspiracy theorist. What do I know?

edit on 9/21/2014 by Klassified because: add

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

We have satellites dedicated to many things out there in space, facial recognition mechanisms, we can zoom in on one particular person in one minute,

I would like to see that. Do you have any sources outside of hollywood that can back your claim up?

Can you explain how facial recognition is done looking almost straight down on someone? If they can look down on us like that then why can't mega telescopes around the world look in the window of ISS? Doesn't the atmosphere have a distorting effect?

Next time I see my cousin thats in charge of all the coders and hardware layouts in DC for the satellite systems I will have to ask about this unless you have something to back up your claims.

I bet google earth would love to get there hands on that stuff considering to get the imagery they have now they used a combination of imagery from planes and satellites.

Anyway I hope you can clear those questions up because as far as I know the things you describe are impossible.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Of course, no single person can prove it's accurate.

But what would be the motivation behind lying about the earth's population by saying there are more people than there are? And wouldn't there have to be someone in each country who were "in on" the lie? It would be a pretty hard secret to keep, I would think.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And wouldn't there have to be someone in each country who were "in on" the lie? It would be a pretty hard secret to keep, I would think.

As a senior member of the Masonic Depopulation Committee you would be surprised what a few bottles of Whiteout can do.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
The motivation is simple enough. Reduce the population, and keep it reduced. Look at my posts above. I gave one example of how figures are wrong locally, and it's known they are wrong. It's no great feat to manipulate them worldwide. Unless someone really does decide to do some honest number crunching. Even Grimpachi has admitted margins of up to 100,000,000 in some cases. Which is a small figure worldwide mind you.
Meh. Take it fwiw to ya. But I've ask enough questions, and read enough to convince me they're being fudged. Everyone else has to make up their own mind.

edit on 9/21/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The motivation is simple enough. Reduce the population, and keep it reduced.

But why? Why would they want to reduce the population and keep it low?

There are MANY ways they could slow population growth without lying to us and hoping we do something about it ourselves. I'm just having a hard time seeing the conspiracy theory here.

I'm not arguing that the numbers are not completely accurate. Of course, they're estimates... the number changes constantly. And some people are under-counted and over-counted. But only by some fraction of a percentage worldwide (supposedly) .

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well for those not concerned about overpopulation I hope they can get used to what our new diets will include. (more of)

Bon appetite.

Each year, around 70 million people are added to the world’s population. If growth continues at this rate, by 2050 the population is expected to reach a whopping 9 billion. To feed all of those hungry mouths, we will need to produce almost twice as much food as we currently do. But that is going to be no mean feat—we already use 70% of agricultural land to raise livestock, oceans are overfished, environments are becoming polluted and climate change and disease threaten crop production. With almost 1 billion people already chronically hungry, it’s evident we need to buck up our ideas in order to reduce food waste and make food production more efficient. One possible solution? Insects.

You might turn your nose up at the idea, but entomophagy (the consumption of insects) is a common practice that’s been taking place for tens of thousands of years. Around 2 billion people regularly eat insects as part of their diet, and over 1,900 species are edible. The most commonly eaten bugs are beetles, caterpillars, bees, wasps and ants.

The UN Food and Agriculture Organization recently produced an in-depth report about edible insects which is worth checking out if you’re interested in the subject.

You’ve Been Eating Bugs For Years

If the idea of eating insects disgusts you, you might be surprised to find out that you already regularly eat them. If you check out the FDA’s Defect Levels Handbook, you can see just how many buggies you could be eating on an everyday basis. Take beer for example—the acceptable limit of insect infestation in hops is 2,500 aphids per 10 grams. Canned fruit juices are allowed up to 1 maggot per 250 ml, curry powder is allowed up to 100 insect fragments (head, body, legs) per 25 grams and chopped dates are allowed up to 10 whole dead insects. The list goes on and on. Is this churning your stomach? It shouldn’t, because you’ve been eating them for years and it hasn’t bothered you.www.iflscience.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Bon appetite.

Yum. Those will pair well with the case of wine the Rothschild's sent me.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think I will be trying my luck fishing with them. I ate my share of weird things stationed overseas. I think the worst were roaster roaches.

A couple of us soldiers went partying with the ROKAS on base drinking large amounts of soju and at some point had a eating competition of strange things.

Soju can make you stupid or as my Platoon Sgt would say properly lubricate your brain.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I think I will be trying my luck fishing with them.

I may resort to cannibalism, I hear we taste like pork.

A couple of us soldiers went partying with the ROKAS on base drinking large amounts of soju and at some point had a eating competition of strange things.
Soju can make you stupid or as my Platoon Sgt would say properly lubricate your brain.

Hah, my old man had a similar story when he was in the Navy and the 7th was in Japan. They got bombed on sake and some NCO's tricked them into eating all types of insects.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join