It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Population may grow to 11 Billion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For all those crazy people who think that population growth isn't a problem read on. Much of this planet is going to be decimated and the effects will be felt by everyone around the world as more immigration, pollution, and fighting for resources make life a living hell. Don't say you weren't warned.

www.humanosphere.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

For every billion there is always some that say the world is not big enough..
But somehow we make it work...

And when we will run out of space.. around 80 billion, we will be doing colonization of other planets

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

For every billion there is always some that say the world is not big enough..
But somehow we make it work...

And when we will run out of space.. around 80 billion, we will be doing colonization of other planets

They better find a planet soon. Get the Mars prep going!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I doubt space will be the problem, and we might resort to cannibalism as humans will be the only living thing on this rock.

Anyway, lets see where Ebola is taking us....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
For all those crazy people who think that population growth isn't a problem read on. Much of this planet is going to be decimated and the effects will be felt by everyone around the world as more immigration, pollution, and fighting for resources make life a living hell. Don't say you weren't warned.

www.humanosphere.org...

Yeah I was warned.

But what am I supposed to do about it?

Kill myself?

You first.

Its those dam Africans, Indians and Chinese that keep multiplying like rabbits. Last I checked the population of most western country's have levelled out.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

You believe this? How?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The planet could be much more crowded by the end of the century than previously thought,

No it won't.

Humans will see to that.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Because that will be around 500 years.. and I would think we will have human colonies on the moon and mars

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We'll never make it that far IMO.

We'll be culled in half by any one of our current problems, disease, war, uprising and smack-down, weather climate, food etc....Everything is too unstable right now and it can't maintain without a reboot.

And then we'll start again...rinse and repeat.

It's only a few years before we reach that point:

en.wikipedia.org...
2012 UN projections show a continued increase in population in the near future with a steady decline in population growth rate; global population is expected to reach between 8.3 and 10.9 billion by 2050.

IMO of course.

Peace

edit on 21-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dont worry .. IS .. Ebola ... the u.s drone strikes for fun and profit around the world .. gmo / chem filled rubbish that passes for food ... israels palestinian population reduction program .. the upcoming harvest of humans by the reptillians .. and wwIII in the works the herd will be thinned ..

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Imagine I built an electric fence around your sleeping body and, upon waking, I told you not to expand beyond that area. You decide to expand anyway, breaking the fence and injuring yourself.

Who's at fault? You or the person who built the fence around you?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. It is at the end of the 21st century that they predict the population would be. And there many factors that could help feed a population that sides, or reduce it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well yahoo the higher end said it could reach 12.3 billion I am glad I will be dead by then. Unless the way in which we derive our energy and manufacture changes drastically the earth is going to be a hell hole. Aquifers are already being depleted population in the US would be around half a billion or more. Prices on everything will be astronomical.

As far as colonizing space as some think that is a pipe dream. No one is going to pay to send your arse or family arse into outer space. Colonization works by sending a few to settle and propagate. We have this thing called gravity here which means it takes vast amounts of energy to move relatively small amounts of weight into low orbit.

It will be more like soylant green here.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

As far as colonizing space as some think that is a pipe dream. No one is going to pay to send your arse or family arse into outer space.

Besides, Earth's population grows by 22,500 people a day. They'll need one hell of a colonization programme.

edit on 21/9/14 by Astyanax because: of the crowd

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this issue. At this rate, Earth will be a hell hole. The only solution seems to be depopulation which could include myself too.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: CB328

www.humanosphere.org...

Its those dam Africans, Indians and Chinese that keep multiplying like rabbits. Last I checked the population of most western country's have levelled out.

You should check that again then. www.worldometers.info...

The three countries on the list of top twenty there with an arrow pointing down are the ones with population in decline. I looked through the other listed countries and very few have a declining population.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Too many if you ask me.

We already have enough Area's which are jam-packed. It would be a mistake to carry on as we are and I think more diseases would come also as we knock down more Jungle to accommodate! Look at the recent amount of diseases which were unheard of before and you will see this is true. Not only this but our Air Quality is so bad in places, many people will get ill just by walking down the street as there won't be enough Trees. Our Atmosphere would slowly become like Mar's Atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

As far as colonizing space as some think that is a pipe dream. No one is going to pay to send your arse or family arse into outer space.

Besides, Earth's population grows by 22,500 people a day. They'll need one hell of a colonization programme.

Before the ship was invented..
traveling across the seas was unimaginably
Even thought the world was flat

Just to give some perspective to how we CANT even begin to imagine the technologies to come

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

But the pop growth is slowing in the more developed country's.

The sharpest rise is in the third world.

As I said what the F am I to do about it?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Population is a problem, if the population does not efficiently manage themselves. Currently we're not taking proper care of our own and our resources. Food is wasted, water is poisoned. "Money" is spent with no accountability, so conditions deteriorate.

I wouldn't mind a planet with 11 billion individuals, provided the resources are handled with great responsibility.

Seems like the only way things will change will be through something catastrophic. An event or series of events that will completely disrupt the rhythm of our structure and make people realize the extent of the damage TPTB have inflicted on the universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join