It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Population may grow to 11 Billion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I may resort to cannibalism, I hear we taste like pork.

I will have to remember that.

Hah, my old man had a similar story when he was in the Navy and the 7th was in Japan. They got bombed on sake and some NCO's tricked them into eating all types of insects.

I wasn't tricked I was stooopid. Well at least everyone was eating the stuff. The things they served as snacks in the bars were just strange. The dried minnows weren't bad.

We were told that we shouldn't eat off base and to especially not eat anything from street vendors but we didn't listen. I think the constant stream of alcohol I consumed their pretty much disinfected everything.

Wildlife was very rare to see there except on the DMZ. There was a cat on base that constantly ran from the locals that worked on base and in a year and a half I finally saw a squirrel incidentally so did the ROKA platoon and they proceeded to chase it by the airstrip. I am fairly sure it got away. You know I never even saw ants. We did find a snake one time when we went to the field.

From my understanding most wildlife in that country had been hunted to near extinction already. But like I said the no fire DMZ had wildlife it was their safe haven.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Why lie? Why do they lie about so many things? There's a perceived benefit for them. I've never been much of a mind reader, BH. And I certainly don't claim to know all the motives behind population control. Some benefits are obvious. Others not so obvious. I just know that in reading, and asking questions of those willing to talk to me. I have come to the conclusion that it is population figures that are out of control. Not the population. I've tried very hard to study both sides of this issue fairly, and I always come to the same conclusion. This is one topic everyone needs to research for themselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

There's been 6 Billion people on the planet since 1999 and since then there's been a Billion more since 2011 (so 7 Billion), currently it is still 7 Billion, and is not predicted to reach a billion until 2024.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think I actually read a thread on here where someone asked if the population data was being manipulated for certain reasons. So you're not the first person to ask this question. I see how lying would benefit them. Especially if they want to control people because "there's too many people". But I personally don't think this is the case.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
All married/unmarried family units may only have 1 child. Birth of another child is allowed only if first one has Died or neutered before having a child of his/her own.

We stick to this until we even out at 2-3 billion.

Then we have a cycle, 1 child generation, 2 children generation. Repeat as needed, increase the number after a catastrophe.

If someone breaks the rule, no need for murder. Just a good doctor practiced in Vasectomy.

This way, we can have Polygamy and keep the system afloat.
edit on 19America/ChicagoSun, 21 Sep 2014 19:20:55 -0500000000pm2014-09-21T19:20:55-05:0030202014-09-21T19:20:55-05:00 by Heruactic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
All married/unmarried family units may only have 1 child. Birth of another child is allowed only if first one has Died or neutered before having a child of his/her own.

That sounds like a dictatorship - unless everyone votes for this and willingly agree.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Or the movie 'Purge' could become a reality....
I wouldn't worry too much about over-population just yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: CB328

There's been 6 Billion people on the planet since 1999 and since then there's been a Billion more since 2011 (so 7 Billion), currently it is still 7 Billion, and is not predicted to reach a billion until 2024.

I do not know where you get your information at but you're wrong.

Those are two different sources and must correct an earlier statement I made I had thought those two were much further apart but the difference is about 60 plus million not 100 million. Either way those numbers are substantially higher than your assumption that the population has stayed at 7 billion.
edit on 21-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join