It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Population may grow to 11 Billion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

And that is the reason I would never have kids on this planet.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
For all those crazy people who think that population growth isn't a problem read on. Much of this planet is going to be decimated and the effects will be felt by everyone around the world as more immigration, pollution, and fighting for resources make life a living hell. Don't say you weren't warned.

www.humanosphere.org...

Oh yes, I can't walk out my front door without actually running into a crowd of people fighting me to get out of my driveway. It's almost like an episode of Walking Dead. *rolls eyes*

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Let me give you a bit of perspective.

You could move to the most inhospitable place on earth be it the deserts or top of a poison gas volcano and it would still be thousands of times more hospitable than living in space.

As already mentioned the population grows each day by over 20,000 people it will be growing astronomically faster when you add a few billion more so what can you possibly imagine will be able to transport that many people each day. Not even a stargate would work and I loved that show.

Searching out new planets to screw up like our last planet.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Population is a problem, if the population does not efficiently manage themselves. Currently we're not taking proper care of our own and our resources. Food is wasted, water is poisoned. "Money" is spent with no accountability, so conditions deteriorate.

I wouldn't mind a planet with 11 billion individuals, provided the resources are handled with great responsibility.

Seems like the only way things will change will be through something catastrophic. An event or series of events that will completely disrupt the rhythm of our structure and make people realize the extent of the damage TPTB have inflicted on the universe.

TPTB though are using psyops to make us little folk think it is our fault though. Sadly THEY made mad money engineering the mess we are in and in the process of fixing it, they are pushing the blame on us so that they can make more MAD MONEY!

From Crazewok:

But the pop growth is slowing in the more developed country's.

The sharpest rise is in the third world.

As I said what the F am I to do about it?

She/he pretty much nailed it. But yet the UN's answer is to tax the hell out the developed countries, while allowing the third world countries to just motor on?

pfffffft!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Population is a problem, if the population does not efficiently manage themselves. Currently we're not taking proper care of our own and our resources. Food is wasted, water is poisoned. "Money" is spent with no accountability, so conditions deteriorate.

I wouldn't mind a planet with 11 billion individuals, provided the resources are handled with great responsibility.

Seems like the only way things will change will be through something catastrophic. An event or series of events that will completely disrupt the rhythm of our structure and make people realize the extent of the damage TPTB have inflicted on the universe.

You nailed it exactly. This was the point I was trying to make earlier.

We have everything we need to feed, clothe, and house every person on the planet and then some. Resource management is the problem.

There is a man sitting upon the sun. He covers the sun with a cloak and says "there is not enough sunlight for all of you". Eventually, the sun will burn his cloak and everybody will see that the sun covers the Earth with light equally. When this happens, humanity will not allow another person to climb on top of the sun again. This will be how we heal.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Grimpachi

But the pop growth is slowing in the more developed country's.

The sharpest rise is in the third world.

As I said what the F am I to do about it?

Have no more than one child in your lifetime. That is the only thing any of us can do but as long as there are idiots like these then we are screwed.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you stood every human being on this planet shoulder to shoulder, they would only fill the state of Rhode Island.

There are more than enough resources on the planet to see to the needs of all.

The vast majority of resources and wealth on the planet are in the hands and control of the top 1%.

Population is not the problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Who cares, there is plenty of space.

The entire world population could fit in the state of Texas and it’d only have the population density of New York City!

So, every man, woman, and child could fit pretty comfortably within the perimeter of the state of Texas. Not only does that leave the other 49 United States open, but it leaves all the other countries clear and open, too. So, it is pretty safe to say that we have enough space, the entire world except Texas, to farm and ranch for our food supply.

Source

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All that is needed is for Ebola to mutate, become airborne and finally a pandemic. Even a mega solar storm could do the job.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
If you stood every human being on this planet shoulder to shoulder, they would only fill the state of Rhode Island.

The vast majority of resources and wealth on the planet are in the hands and control of the top 1%.

Well the thing is that it doesn't work that way, the "we can fit the entire humanity" in Rhode Island or Texas means that yeah, maybe feasibly it's possible but reality speaking there are population dispersity and population density.

Israel for example with its 8 million inhabitants, has the exact same population density of India with its 1,2B inhabitants, which is about 380 people/km2. Let me tell you, it is crowded and you are never truly alone. There are always people everywhere and it sucks to be honest.

Unless isolated places such as Mongolia, Russia (which is in size of Asia + North America combined), Alaska and so on will get more and more people moving into, the planet is going to be a crowded uncomfy place, and when people are feeling too crowded that's when violence, poverty, rudeness and selfishness rises. More people more laws, more police, more anxiety, more difficulties, etc. Again, not the type of planet I wanna have kids in, this lovely beautiful planet is turning into a # hole in front of our own very eyes.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
How do you think Japan resolved Tokyo's population growth?

Well, they didn't.

This is just a reminder for those who say population growth is not a problem, fact is humans are moving more and more into the big cities, and definitely not from it to distribute the population into a more livable density. And if things won't change in the far-near future, this ride on this planet will be enjoyable as much as the train ride in Tokyo during rush hour.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe if we managed to stop the wars finally and start acting like grown ups, start building our societies and technologies towards peaceful existance, maybe we would find a way to solve rest of the problems before they come as problems.. Till that day, what we can expect? More wars and more problems that we cant solve, till one day its all too late and we kill each other with our finest achievements= WDM`s and for good.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Most lines on the NYC subway are almost like that. Kind of OT but it doesn't help many will crowd around the doors while an entire car can be utilized. It's like they're zombies, trained, stimuli=barely a reaction.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: romilo

As population increases and resources dwindle you can expect more wars not less. Take a lesson from history because that is exactly what has and is happening.

Population problems aren't about if we have enough standing room they are about finite resources.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Look how exponentially the population has grown.

1804 - ONE billion
123 years
1927 - TWO billion
32 years
1960 - THREE billion
15 years
1974 - FOUR billion
13 years
1987 - FIVE billion
12 years
1999 - SIX billion
13 years
2012 - SEVEN billion

If we don't do more to level the growth, the world is in for an awakening. It will take care of itself and shake us off like fleas on a dog.

originally posted by: Spacespider
And when we will run out of space.. around 80 billion, we will be doing colonization of other planets

Yeah, people used to think we'd be riding around in Hovercars by the year 2000, too.

What can we do about it? Fund abortion for every unwanted pregnancy, vote FOR "death with dignity" laws, stop breeding like rabbits, research and implement renewable resources! Its really very simple.
edit on 9/21/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Who says population problems are about 'finite' resources?

Population 'problems' are due to the greed of the few; the few who are standing on the heads of the many and need the many to 'produce' more slaves and more whatever it is they want.

Don't know the answer to this............but Mama Nature is gonna sort it and we may not like what she decides!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

The problem is, the average human requires over 20 acres of crops or over 2,300 cattle worth of food to sustain an average life span. Not to mention water, which gets in shorter supply every year. When we get to about 12 billion people, it simply wont be possible for all those people to even live, except for the rich, of course. There's just not enough space on earth to grow that much food and raise that many animals. Unless we find a way of making artificial food and water that can be mass produced.

Simple math 12 billion x 20 = 240 billion acres. There's only 36 billion acres of land on the entire earth, and most of it not fertile for crops. Cattle take up even more space, and also require crops themselves.

And you can kiss luxuries good bye. There wont be enough forest for wood furniture, nor anything made of metal as all the mines will be depleted. No driving of cars either, there won't be any oil left. Of course there's always solar, but oil is needed in the facilities that produce the cars.

In a nutshell, unless there's another black death, or a comet hits earth, we ARE screwed. And in only 30 years, to boot.
edit on 21-9-2014 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'll be honest. We already have technology that could make us a "post-scarcity" civilization. They're just suppressed and buried. The true problem is not the 7+ billion on the planet, it's the extraordinarily tiny percentage that rules those 7+ billion.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: CB328
For all those crazy people who think that population growth isn't a problem read on. Much of this planet is going to be decimated and the effects will be felt by everyone around the world as more immigration, pollution, and fighting for resources make life a living hell. Don't say you weren't warned.

www.humanosphere.org...

Yeah I was warned.

But what am I supposed to do about it?

Kill myself?

You first.

Its those dam Africans, Indians and Chinese that keep multiplying like rabbits. Last I checked the population of most western country's have levelled out.

Mmmmm... I think the Chinese population is now slowly reductive just like most of the first world, they have been pretty good about taking the situation in hand in all fairness.

India across to central Africa and dare I say it without everyone calling me names... Islam, where it goes the concept of Birth control leaves. And in fairness... India and Iran are actually doing a great job, there are States in India now where Muslim birth control practice is superior to Hindu and Iran has done an awesome job best in the Islamic world, but as you head to Africa, holy excrement Batman, it's a Rabbit farm... and i'll be fair, religion in general, in the States Mormons are the no 1 growing demographic.

Population control is a 3rd world/ religious issue. Biggest issue we face is our allowance of immigration from places that are overflowing, everyone think i'm a bigot when I say this, but sorry, "give us your tired your poor and you huddled masses" fails when places continually create tired poor and huddled masses and don't slow down... There literally is no population control issues in this hemisphere.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Your math is faulty. You need to divide by the average lifespan to get the actual yearly numbers required.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join