It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of The Great Pyramid Explored...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

NO dude its crap, and no it does not matter who build them or how.

Second.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

I too, think this is the real reason for the structures. They generated power and were probably used for communication too. The recent pyramids discovered in the Ukraine (I believe) are still generating power due to the water still running beneath them. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wrkn4livn

I too, think this is the real reason for the structures. They generated power and were probably used for communication too. The recent pyramids discovered in the Ukraine (I believe) are still generating power due to the water still running beneath them. Time will tell.

If you are thinking of the Crimean hoax - er no, no pyramids there.

Those with a mental death wish can look up what that is about by searching for 'Vitaly Gokh' - I do warn you that you'll get a 1980's website that will probably stunt your growth and make you curse the fact that you aren't color blind.....you have been warned.

Power? Okay what sort of power would this be and what would the AE done with 'power'?

Simply take a look at the AE technology they used to build the pyramids - they did have power - muscle power.
edit on 20/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: Sparta

I noted earlier in thread that the Iron is probably from when the Arabs took the outer cladding.

Something to consider about the pyramids;

Before the pyramids the Pharaohs were buried in mastaba's, then after the pyramid age they were placed in rock cut tombs, so where and what did the AE do with their god kings during the pyramid era? If they didn't place them in the pyramids where and what did they do with them??

That is one of my favorite considerations!

That's a really good question, Hans! Since we didn't find them in the Giza Pyramids, where and what did they do with them?
And why did they expend all that manpower and all the resources to build those giant tombs amd then not use them?

Another interesting question along those lines is, if Khufu built that huge pyramid of Cheops as his tomb, then decides to be buried somewhere else, why then did Khafre also build a giant pyramid to be buried in, knowing Khufu had not used his...and then also decides not to be buried in the one he built? Rinse/repeat for Menakure.

One of the Pharaohs--Sneferu, I believe--built three pyramids; the Bent, the Red, and the Medium. Was he triplets? Or possibly he was multiple people assuming the same identity in succession, one after the other, giving the appearance of one long-lived guy; an ancient Egyptian Dread Pirate Roberts. Because why does one man need three tombs?

The timeline you give, from mastabas to pyramids to rock-cut. Why did that happen? What caused the jump from giant stone triangles to hidden caves?
Well, isnt it interesting that the Giza pyramids have rock-cut tunnels and chambers hewn out of the bedrock beneath them?
Say you're a culture emerging from barbarism, and not far from where you live and work and fish the river, there are these huge stone edifices atop a flattened plateau, immense, imposing, mysterious. They are ancient and weathered. Obviously built by the gods, during the First Time. Perhaps the gods sleep within them still.
To emulate and honor the gods, your people are buried in small structures of similar shape, but not nearly so well constructed....but over time, they get better at shaping stone. People are always dying, there's no end of practice.
Much time passes and the primitive people are now sophisticated and organized, one of the most powerful and advanced cultures on the planet, in part, because those giant pyramids had inspired them to try their own hand at building stuff. They notice that time has not been kind to the old structures, and they are really beginning to look ragged. So a huge restoration project is launched, where all of the skills learned as a result of the influence of the ancient buildings is brought to bear for their benefit. During the process, much of which is concerned with constructing an immense shield or covering to protect the structures, it is discovered that they have entrances. The entrances do not lead to the sleeping bodies of gods old(thank the gods), but they reveal a curious thing--despite the immense height of the pyramids, their interiors are all actually underground in rock cut tunnels, rather than within the body of the aboveground structure.
Soon, the people begin to be buried in rock-cut tombs.

Pure conjecture, I know. But fun....and.....maybe....
edit on 14/9/20 by Tsurugi because: Spelled "Hanslune" wrong, lol

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsurugi

Hey man long time no read.

That is certainly a possibility with your idea. The rock cut tombs were probably inspired in some way or fashion by the tunnels/shafts under the pyramids.

I think the mainstream view is that after the second Intermediate Period the priest hood or Pharaoh realized that as soon as the country broke down the pyramids would be looted so they went to rock cut tombs under or near a pyramid shaped mountain - probably cheaper in resources too.

Millions of words have been written by alternative and fringe writers trying to get around the obstacle of the AE religion and it ideas about death and tombs so they can assign the pyramids some forty or so alternative and fringe purposes....

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsurugi
Because why does one man need three tombs?

Why does a man need even one? Vanity, pure and simple, and if one, why not more?

originally posted by: wrkn4livn

I too, think this is the real reason for the structures. They generated power and were probably used for communication too.

Let's say they generated power: what for? There has to be a reason. What use would electricity be for people without the supporting infrastructure? How would they control it? We would also have to find artifacts having to do with electricity. We havent.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

if all the stones were mined locally then I have to admit defeat as clearly they needed a ramp for the 25-80 tonne granite stones in the King's chamber anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Interesting paper on radiocarbon dating of the great pyramid, suggests its older than thought over a much longer period of tine.

The 1983-84 ‘Pyramids Carbon-dating Project’, directed by the Egyptologists Mark Lehner and Robert Wenke, also discovered a sample of wood from one of the two boats, buried in the pits along the south side of the Great Pyramid. This sample produced an average calibrated carbon date of 3400 BC. In fact, a calibrated 1 Sigma range of 3520-3100 BC can be established. This independent result corresponds with the dates obtained by
Mark Lehner’s carbon-dating of the mortar samples from the Great Pyramid, averaging 3359 BC ± 610 years. The 3400 BC date also corresponds with the Pole Star Alignment Theory for the construction date of the Great Pyramid which holds that the descending passage was aligned with the polestar Thuban (Alpha Draconis) in 3434 BC, now more precisely calculated to be 3410 BC. Since the date 3400 BC is 900 years earlier than the expected date of 2500 BC, it was of course immediately dismissed by the conventional Egyptologists, adamant to save Egyptology the embarrassment!

Link

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Interesting paper on radiocarbon dating of the great pyramid, suggests its older than thought over a much longer period of tine.

PDF showing the 1984 and 1995 C-14 tests of the AE structures

edit on 21/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I enjoy your posts, your ideas on the pyramid make a lot more sense than most of the usual stuff.

As for mankind existing to develop spiritually, for whom is the development??

Carefully examine this on your studies, knowing oneself leads to knowing ALL the others as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I dont think it changed over time so quickly. It seemed to have been customary at this time to inscribe hieroglyphic inscriptions including the deceased’s name and titles within the adjoining mastaba chapel and directly upon the sarcophagus itself placed within the mastaba tomb. There was a pattern regarding the funerary arrangements of Khufu’s children, with one of whom died before Khufu himself.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5letters

I dont think it changed over time so quickly. It seemed to have been customary at this time to inscribe hieroglyphic inscriptions including the deceased’s name and titles within the adjoining mastaba chapel and directly upon the sarcophagus itself placed within the mastaba tomb. There was a pattern regarding the funerary arrangements of Khufu’s children, with one of whom died before Khufu himself.

Agreed

You might find this PDF of interest

Social change in the 4th dynasty

This is on my shelf in JSTOR so not sure if you will be able to get to it directly. It is free to view online. You seem to be interested in this subject so you might want to register - no cost.

A few key points on which I based my suggestion of change, I might have gotten it wrong as I read this about twenty years ago. Let me know what you think about it.

edit on 21/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Super interesting. Thanks. Ill read it.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Interesting that most of the theory's revolve around undiscovered energy output. If the output energy was used anywhere else there would be a need to move the power. Our present understanding of electricity requires a metallic conductor or a metallic antenna. Over long distances wireless energy transfer is a power waster as much of the power gets dropped. We all know how normal electricity flows across wires.
Could the small shaft uncovered be a waveguide? The waveguide idea would work but the usage depends on where it's pointed. If it's locked in place and the power was used there would have to be another corresponding device to refocus it. There would be no reason to create a waveguide facing the wrong direction. Otherwise it becomes a beacon only moving be the earths rotation. The far out view would be to use the waveguide to run a radar like output and use the sides of the pyramid as receivers.
It's a fun idea to play with but I can't find any evidence to complete the thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
Interesting that most of the theory's revolve around undiscovered energy output. If the output energy was used anywhere else there would be a need to move the power. Our present understanding of electricity requires a metallic conductor or a metallic antenna. Over long distances wireless energy transfer is a power waster as much of the power gets dropped. We all know how normal electricity flows across wires.
Could the small shaft uncovered be a waveguide? The waveguide idea would work but the usage depends on where it's pointed. If it's locked in place and the power was used there would have to be another corresponding device to refocus it. There would be no reason to create a waveguide facing the wrong direction. Otherwise it becomes a beacon only moving be the earths rotation. The far out view would be to use the waveguide to run a radar like output and use the sides of the pyramid as receivers.
It's a fun idea to play with but I can't find any evidence to complete the thought.

Yep speculation is always interesting. As you've noted above, why would a civilization need 'energy' when they had no way to use it?

The usual explanation for this is that the AE didn't build the pyramids and it was mysterious lost civilization that did so and all the evidence for its existence (except for rocks) were destroyed by some global 'deluge' (biblical or not). For which no evidence exists either and the most interesting part is said deluge only destroyed evidence of the LC and not others.....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm relatively new to the subject so forgive me if the questions I pose are amateurish, im not nearly as well versed on the subject as many of you. I just finished reading Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods and in it he posits some very interesting theories backed up by what seems like solid evidence that really piqued my interest in what we know-or rather don't know- about the formation of human civilization. Hopefully my questions can at least provide a catalyst for further discussion on this fascinating topic. Again, I am not presenting the following as my opinion or what I believe to be fact, just some takeaways I got from a really good book that got my mind working and expanded my interests into this amazing subject.

1. How does the apparent water erosion present on the Sphinx juxtapose (or conflict with) the idea that the Giza pyramids were built during the 4th Dynasty, well after the climate in the Nile region drastically changed making subsequent erosion due to water an impossibility?

2. The dimensions of the Khufu pyramid correspond exactly to a 1:43,200 scale representation of the Earth's northern hemisphere- the diameter of the Earth's equator at its base and polar radius (distance from North Pole to exact center of Earth) in its height. What makes this particularly interesting is the correspondence of this ratio with precession of the equinox, it takes 4320 years for the sun to move through 1 constellation, aided by our planet bobbing up and down much as a cork in the ocean. The number 4320 and its multiples/powers of 10 are present in many ancient writings, making it unlikely correspondence with the pyramid's dimensions is accidental or coincidental. The numbers are too exact and appear in too many other places for it to be so.

I am not sure how this affects the hypothesis of 4th Dynasty construction, but it does scream that the builders were intimately familiar with the exact shape and dimensions of the Earth and had a finite understanding of advanced astronomical processes like precession of the equinox. This dovetails nicely with the evidence of water erosion at the Sphinx; the period in which water erosion was most likely to occur was in the Leonian Age, ~10,500 BC-8000 BC. Would it not make sense that a giant statue of a lion (it has been theorized the original statue had the head of a lion and was changed at a later date) would be built in the Age of Leo, much as statues of rams became prevalent during the Age of Aries in the Fourth Dynasty?

3. Other pyramids have been found that have been attributed by Egyptologists to both the 3rd and 5th Dynasties, but they are nearly destroyed as they are of a quality far below those of the 3 at Giza. If these 3 at Giza were built in the 4th Dynasty and stand today as majestic and mysterious as ever, does it make sense that a civilization built really crappy pyramids for a while, then built amazing ones that rival what we can produce today in their precise nature, then go back to building really crappy ones a bit later?

I have way more questions but this post is already a lot wordy. I am a definite noob and look forward to a lot more research on the subject of ancient civilizations as I find the mysteries they hold to be an intoxicating elixir, hopefully some of you can expound on/refute/etc. what I have presented here. I say again in the name of intellectual honesty-this was all information I gathered from a book and credit goes to the author, I am merely presenting some of the stuff I found interesting in hopes of learning more on the subject. Thanks for reading!
edit on 30-9-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kgdetroit
I'm relatively new to the subject so forgive me if the questions I pose are amateurish, im not nearly as well versed on the subject as many of you. I just finished reading Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods and in it he posits some very interesting theories backed up by what seems like solid evidence that really piqued my interest in what we know-or rather don't know- about the formation of human civilization. Hopefully my questions can at least provide a catalyst for further discussion on this fascinating topic. Again, I am not presenting the following as my opinion or what I believe to be fact, just some takeaways I got from a really good book that got my mind working and expanded my interests into this amazing subject.

The book you mention is filled with inaccuracies, both accidental and purposeful. Hancock himself has admitted that his research for the book was poor.

1. How does the apparent water erosion present on the Sphinx juxtapose (or conflict with) the idea that the Giza pyramids were built during the 4th Dynasty, well after the climate in the Nile region drastically changed making subsequent erosion due to water an impossibility?

There is no reason at all to believe the Sphinx has been eroded by water flow beyond the ordinary rainfall and runoff experienced by the area to this day. Salt exfoliation, a type of weathering that people around here don't like to talk about, can account for all the observed weathering at the sphinx complex.

2. The dimensions of the Khufu pyramid correspond exactly to a 1:43,200 scale representation of the Earth's northern hemisphere- the diameter of the Earth's equator at its base and polar radius (distance from North Pole to exact center of Earth) in its height. What makes this particularly interesting is the correspondence of this ratio with precession of the equinox, it takes 4320 years for the sun to move through 1 constellation, aided by our planet bobbing up and down much as a cork in the ocean. The number 4320 and its multiples/powers of 10 are present in many ancient writings, making it unlikely correspondence with the pyramid's dimensions is accidental or coincidental. The numbers are too exact and appear in too many other places for it to be so.

How very mystical. However, should you make the effort to check your numbers, you'll find no such correlation, either in the ratio of height to base circumference or in the claimed "1:43,200" scale.

I suggest that you cease taking shyster's words for these claims and use your own calculator.

3. Other pyramids have been found that have been attributed by Egyptologists to both the 3rd and 5th Dynasties, but they are nearly destroyed as they are of a quality far below those of the 3 at Giza. If these 3 at Giza were built in the 4th Dynasty and stand today as majestic and mysterious as ever, does it make sense that a civilization built really crappy pyramids for a while, then built amazing ones that rival what we can produce today in their precise nature, then go back to building really crappy ones a bit later?

I suggest here that you are quoting ignorant people and you yourself remain ignorant of the many pyramids in Egypt.

The Red Pyramid, for example, is every bit as fascinating and monumental as Khufu's. It's also in very good shape. Early pryamids were constructed as stacked mastabas and suffered from the design defects that accompany such a method. However, Zoser's pyramid is a very complicated and complex structure even though it is a stacked mastaba.

I don't blame you for your ignorance of Egyptological facts. I only blame you for swallowing in entirety the lies of the people that try to make a buck off of the fact that most people are unaware of such specialized knowledge.

In other words, you've been had. Should you care to continue to read the books of lying con men, do the world a favor and buy these books from a used bookstore, rather than lining the pockets of frauds like Hancock et al.

Harte

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I do believe I made it clear more than once that I was a complete amateur on the subject and was basing the questions I was asking solely on the contents of what I read in one book. Otherwise my knowledge of ancient Egypt extends no further than the content of a general college history course i took a decade ago.

Thank you for the ever so humble response and pointing out the obvious, which is that I am ignorant on the topic. I made it clear I am a layman on the subject and tried to further a discussion which, as you so pedantically voiced, failed.

Whoever you are in real life, I hope you have a great day
edit on 30-9-2014 by Kgdetroit because: buying this person a beer

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I do believe I made it clear more than once that I was a complete amateur on the subject and was basing the questions I was asking solely on the contents of what I read in one book. Otherwise my knowledge of ancient Egypt extends no further than the content of a general college history course i took a decade ago.

Thank you for the ever so humble response and pointing out the obvious, which is that I am ignorant on the topic. I made it clear I am a layman on the subject and tried to further a discussion which, as you so pedantically voiced, failed.

Are you unaware that these topics have been discussed to death right here at ATS?

Does your mouse finger not work?

Harte

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Are you unaware that these topics have been discussed to death right here at ATS?

Does your mouse finger not work?

Harte

Harte,

Next you'll be telling Kgdetroit that the early, giant pyramids were built as tombs for ancient Egyptian kings. If so, care to present Kgdetroit with the hard, empirical evidence of that particular 'mainstream' theory?

Thanks in advance.

SC

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join