It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need jobs, stop believing this lie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

The job paradigm is to keep us focused on the economy which is to distract us from something...

They want to keep us from pursuing spirituality and to keep us from being curious as to our origins. It's a tool to divide us and pit us against each other.

Someone wants to keep us busy, But why?

Understand this.
edit on 9/18/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I like money and food. Plus, I don't want to barter. So I need a job.
edit on 9/18/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Your completely missing the point.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

How is technology going to look after people?
Nope we will always need jobs on the care environment.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well,I was in favor of legalized pot. This thread may have changed my mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18429213]boymonkey74[/

Nope.

A deeper understanding may be required.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I totally get your point. In order for the exchange of goods, including technology, people have to have jobs in order to make it work. It's how it's been and always will be. Unless you plan on enslaving people to do the dirty work for the rest of us, then how exactly to you expect your idea to play out?

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

If people stop seeing things as separate from themselves including the concepts of life and death then work will cease to exist.

Work will become life and humanity, the earth and people will want to help you achieve your goals because your goals are theirs.

Seeing things as whole with the dissolving of boundaries and extending our understanding of self to that of the whole.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

That I totally agree.

But the show must go on, the slaves must keep on working and imagine what people that can't do anything else but work would say?

Many of the jobs out there, the techniques used and energy source are waaaaay outdated because it would mess around with the capitalism in place. People in power don't want things to change and get better for the majority. They like it from up there while they can spit on our heads and feel like they are superior.

Weak people can't get better, so to stay on top, well they step on everyone else's head.

Many of you will think that you are delusional, they will say that you feel entitled, or that life just can't work like that, or some other lame excuse to boast their egos by saying on and on how they worked all their lives blah blah blah. Our system is what made people delusional in thinking that things couldn't be better and that we should be happy with what we have.

We will always need people with focused goals, something that could be considered a job, but I agree that our system is molding us towards competition, division and the animal instinct of survival.
edit on 18-9-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I understand what you mean. But at this point there is no alternative unless you go full self-sufficient which would cost a considerable amount of money to achieve. The majority can't even fathom that our existence could be about more than school->career->family->retire->die but that is the reality our societal confines and because this is the case what you envision is going to be tough to achieve in yours or my lifetime.

I couldn't agree more that all jobs will be mechanized eventually with humans being left to think and create with our greatest tools; our minds. But with an emphasis on intelligent/concious machines and the inherent oppression of our fundamental creativity, the exact opposite is happening. I see the same thing you see, and it will inevtiably happen the way you see it if we don't self destruct (nuclear war etc.) but it is in a far off future based on what our reality is.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

The job paradigm is to keep us focused on the economy which is to distract us from something...

They want to keep us from pursuing spirituality and to keep us from being curious as to our origins. It's a tool to divide us and pit us against each other.

Someone wants to keep us busy, But why?

Understand this.

Arguably you are correct, we don't need jobs. But to clothe, feed and shelter yourself does require a lot of busy time. To have help in doing so, you either need others with you who are working for mutual benefit (trade), or want to be compensated for their time (trade).

The most common form of trade at this time is through monetary means. The only legal way to acquire money these days is work for it, or gamble. Gambling being as much of a time consumer than that the average 40 hour week.

The average work week is less than 1/4 of our time per week. How is 75% free time encroaching on you pursuing anything? Granted you have to sleep at an average of 8 hours a night (1/3 of our time) But that still leaves you 42% of time free for anything you want.

Now
this is me having fun but feel free to draw parallels.

The answer to Life the Universe and Everything, as Douglas Adam's explained, is 42.

"If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddle on the Roof
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc
edit on 18-9-2014 by randomtangentsrme because: Added word, Cap'd song title

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

If people stop seeing things as separate from themselves including the concepts of life and death then work will cease to exist.

Work will become life and humanity, the earth and people will want to help you achieve your goals because your goals are theirs.

Seeing things as whole with the dissolving of boundaries and extending our understanding of self to that of the whole.

You're right, you've lost me. I guess I'm a realist and don't work well with fantasy.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Sound incredibly boring and rigid.

Maybe you should try it.

FYI dreamers made everything you do and use I. Your daily life.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I typically work 60+ hours a week and I don't find myself having free time or money to spend.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

the world needs ditch diggers, too

edit on 18-9-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Don't forget the time it takes to do all the things required to maintain life like washing eating toilet etc. Plus commute time for most people. Plus most people I know with real jobs work more than forty hours a week and also at home too.

Retired people manage to make no job work and supplies of basic needs are cheap and plentiful. If we gave people enough cash to meet basic needs at a modest level no strings, it would be insanely cheaper to take care of rebellious or lazy non productive people. The proactive people will still live light years above poor people but at least we'll have less homeless and a minimum standard of living.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Maybe you should try it.

FYI dreamers made everything you do and use I. Your daily life.

You can call them dreamers if you want. I call it creativity with human ambition and hard WORK.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I typically work 60+ hours a week and I don't find myself having free time or money to spend.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

In the times I am doing everyday chores my mind is not on pushing a vacuum or folding clothes. You can and probably do other things while doing chores, including cooking.
Commute is the same thing, you could be listening to CDs (or tapes) about learning a new language or whatever. Or find a job closer to home/ move closer to work.

Retired people have pensions or other means of receiving money, because of the work they did. Their costs are the same (except for senior discounts at certain restaurants).

I am all for the idea of giving everyone enough cash (resources really) to meet basic needs. The question I have would be how do we fund it?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I don't think it would be possible for every body to not have jobs in 2014 with all the consuming habits and the social co existance that we have developed over the centuries...But it feels like the concept of money and jobs are just there to control and use us as modern slaves,and it looks like we mostly enjoy the idea and even contribute to it...Individualism,racism and greed dose not allow us to all work for a same cause and with fairly equal benefits,so I'm not sure if that idea would work in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join