It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Discomfort in a new Geographical Location?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The title may sound a bit odd but it was all I could think of that was descriptive for what I'm about to postulate.

I work as a delivery driver for a lumber company, usually driving to out of town or out-of-the-way locations such as new house and cottage constructions. A few days ago I was making a small delivery to a new house that was being built within city limits where I live, but in a somewhat secluded area far into the bush at the end of an access road.

As soon as I got out of the truck to approach the waiting construction workers, I was immediately beset with an uncomfortable sensation that I can't quite explain. I was at unease as soon as my feet hit the ground. It took some time to unload my delivery from the truck by hand with the other workers, and I found it hard to focus on the task at hand because I kept looking at the same spot: a section of sand-covered yard that had yet to be landscaped, approximately 25 meters away from me. I had absolutely no reason to regard this specific point - there was nothing interesting or special about it: just a flat section of earth that had been recently bulldozed. But my eyes constantly connected to it and seemed to be the source of my inexplicable anxiety while I was there.

I kept looking at that spot during the brief pauses in unloading my truck, and I didn't like turning my back to that spot as I shifted my delivery off of the truck and beside the garage. It felt just like I was being watched by a large animal, but there was nothing there that I could see. And the moment I drove my truck out of there, I immediately felt relief, as though I had just gotten out of a physical confrontation with someone. The source of my anxiety - as far as I can tell - had nothing to do with the individuals present, or the new buildings, just that one area in a large open yard.

I've never had anything like this happen to me before and it sort of spooked me, and I don't consider myself the sort to be easily spooked over nothing. It's been several days and I can't get this out of my mind because it's so bizzare. I thought it might be something worth bringing up here.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them before? Any theories as to what it might have been? I'd be interested to hear some input.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That sounds like that location had negative energy calling to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

It's happened to me a few times, but the outstanding places that come to mind are a couple of cities and towns. I would later learn that they were towns of very militant union activity where malcontents had done some gruesome crimes and where the present populations struck me as aggressive and ¸always ready for a confrontation. I tried to talk myself out of that lingering feeling of dread, but I think my spidey senses are something I'm better off paying attention to.

So not quite the same as what you're talking about perhaps, except for that feeling of being wary and on guard.

ETA: Just a thought here, but suppose that spot was the one where the contractor and backhoe operator got into a nasty fight and the energy left in that spot was horrible. The thing is, have you followed up on it and asked the workers about it?

edit on 17-9-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well a normal explanation is there may have been underground power lines giving off high EMF in that one spot. Other than that I have no clue paranormal or normal wise

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Indeed sir, what you described could be common though I don't know if there's an official explanation for it.

I was traveling often and the way I got to explain this phenomena is due the fast shifting of energy fields, sometimes we move quick from one place to another and each "field system" is sort of being "registered" in our bodies. People creates energy, places creates a collective energy, it's hard to explain it but literally everywhere there are different energy fields, so as we go we are also shifting from one energy field to another. Individuals may cause this discomfort for us as well, but it's usually when it hits the collective energy and it doesn't correspond well with our own field, that's when we feel the most discomfort and seeking to leave.

I hope it was clear, it is NOT clear to me enough lol but it explains me why in some places I feel good and in others I just wanna get out as quick as possible, both with no actual reason.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hi there,I don't know if This may have something to do with your apprehensive feelings about that specific spot,but there could be a scientific explanation.The link I provide is to one of many similar articles,you may want to look into this,not just re this specific spot that made you feel so uncomfortab le,but in general:
www.geo.org...

This is just the first hit,you can read more articles,ties in with the Chinese Feng Shui principles,a lot of studies have been done on this,check out also the studies done by the German/Bavarian indidviduals.Search strings I recommend:geopathic locations ill health cancer uneasy feelings cats wasps bees ants.Very interesting indeed.Or it could be that something horrible happened in that specific spot+you are a sensitive,so you may have picked up on it? Anyway the info about geopathic locations is helpful in any case.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Could it be a highly magnetic environmental area? The Bermuda Triangle is highly magnetic and people have reported similar experiences, dizziness, blacking out, etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Interesting .. been a few places visited over the years that had an odd feel to them .. along with some that flat out I wont go to or set foot in due to the feeling that get from them ..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Was there a noticeable change in the elevation in the area ?

It is known that atmospheric and pressure changes can cause discomfort.

Aside from the uncomfortable sensation that you had can you remember any other symptoms physically that your body was experiencing while feeling this way. Taking notice of things such as heart rate change, ears popping, dizziness... may help to figure out the cause of your discomfort.

leolady

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Possibly an old Indian religious site and you are able to sense the energy. They built these sites over areas with underground springs, especially ones on hills. They also built them by lakes. Water and the energy it has is the clue.

People can sense these old dried up springs. They bubble electromagnetic energies to the surface. If these currents get too strong, quicksand or quick clay areas form.

Even a drilled well can display this property. It will draw a compass needle towards the well from many feet away.

Was there a well casing in that area?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Glad you brought this up rickymouse.

It could be a pocket of trapped stagnant water. I read something a few years ago that this may act as some kind of a soul trap, regret that I can no longer locate the article that said this.

There is an area near us that I have always felt uncomfortable around and felt like I was being watched.
I used dowsing rods and located a spot about 6’ x 1’ with a small spike about 15’ from this on one side and another spike about 40’ away on the other side. By the 6' x 1' dimensions I thought it may have been a grave but a metal detector found nothing even on the most sensitive setting. The spot was about 150’ from a stream.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I find it interesting to read some of the ideas as to what it might have been, if not my own random paranoia for a brief period. I really have no persuasive idea as to what it might have been myself as I tend to be rather skeptical of paranormal phenomenon.

I'll try and address some of the question that have been fielded to me regarding more information about this location...

I have not talked to the contractors, or likely ever will as I didn't think it important enough to talk to them about it at the time (a grown man asking gruff labourers "if it feels spooky here" might have also been just as uncomfortable a situation, hehe) and I likely may not make another delivery to there any time soon. As such I have no idea if an altercation or nasty accident recently took place there, though my inclination would be 'no'.

There were no utilities in the area that I could see, except perhaps being part of a weeping tile system for a nearby septic tank. It's possible there may have been a magnetic anomaly in the area, as I live in an extensively-mined area of the Canadian Shield that's rich in precious minerals and metals. My city is essentially a mining settlement founded over 100 years ago, and continues to field productive mines today.

The geographical area seemed to be in common elevation at observation; there aren't really any drastic changes in topography for quite a distance in either direction, approximately 500 meters above sea level if I recall correctly. The area I was in seemed to be somewhat marshy, yet still dense forest that was only recently cleared. The natural soil would have been very wet which is why the ground level appeared to have been raised a few meters by sand where this house was being constructed.

Historically there was perhaps a few Cree native tribes living in the area before it was settled by trappers, loggers and miners starting in the early-to-mid 19th century. The history of the area doesn't seem to mention any open hostility between the native populations and the emigrating caucasian population - indeed both sides seemed to have benefited greatly from a mutual cooperation at the time. Though I suspect the actual settlements would have been much closer to a large river running through my city far away from the location in question, I wouldn't consider it impossible that it may have been a burial or religious spot at one point in history. Who's to know?

One historical tidbit that may also hold relevance is a very large and destructive forest fire that burned through the area not long after the city was founded and being built in the 1910's. Every structure was essentially razed to the ground and the official death toll was 78, however that didn't account for perhaps hundreds of trappers, prospectors, miners and other entrepreneurs living and working in the forest - with no official documentation or monitoring system in place - that may have perished in the fire without a trace. It has been estimated that as many as 200 or 300 prospectors may have died without discovery or investigation. Perhaps that specific spot might have been where a group of fortune-seekers met their fiery demise, unable to outrun the flames hot enough to warp railroad tracks and fuse coins together (as per local museum exhibits)?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18429811]LuFri[/post

It could be energy from an underground stream or moving water also. This gives an electromagnetic effect. If you were to live over an area like this, it could possibly be harmful to your health is what I have read. It is like, but way different, than living near high voltage power lines for some people. Now being in these areas for a short time on occasion can actually be healthy but living in one can be unhealthy all the time. Many holy sites were built on sites like this and churches took over these sites. Do you feel a little uneasy in Church? The reason may be this energy. If you work around voltage it can cause problems with our electrical activity in our bodies yet if you stimulate the body with fields occasionally it can boost our bodies ability to heal and is even good for the brain. But we live in buildings with wires running all over, filled with constant radio waves and routers emitting signals. There are a lot of transformers in our homes too.

So basicly, all of this is still up in the air in my mind. What seems good initially can be a curse in the longrun. It is often that way, you eat something that makes you feel good and overconsumption causes another major problem to occur. Where is the limit? I do not know. Moderation is a perception which is hard to understand completely.

Gold gives off an electromagnetic bubble and within that bubble most plants can't grow well. I know what a few of the plants look like that grow around gold. Remember though, the gold can also be in a dust form.

Now, why would I tell you what the plants are. Look it up yourself.

edit on 18-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have worked in a couple of different countries already thousands of miles apart.

The change has never bothered me unless there's some negative energy present in that place.

One time after I moved into an apartment, things started happening after several days. It was horrifying for me at that time. It started with the door moving by itself with no wind, up to the entity manifesting causing sleep paralysis and another female entity took out the bad one and finally, it was over.

top topics

join