It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About 40 Countries Form Coalition Against IS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is getting heavy fast. A summit today in France has over 30 countries pledging their support "by any means necessary" to war with IS.

A summit of international foreign ministers has pledged to help Iraq fight Islamic State (IS) militants "by all means necessary". A joint statement by the 30 countries taking part in the Paris talks said support would include "appropriate military assistance".

"The terrorist threat is global and the response must be global," he said. "There is no time to lose.'' Islamic State controls large parts of Iraq and Syria. The CIA estimates that the group could have as many as 30,000 fighters in the region.

About 40 countries have so far signed up to a coalition including 10 Arab states - Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. Neither Iran nor Syria are being allowed to take part.

What's the line in the sand before we admit that it's finally a world wide conflict? How many nations have to commit themselves to war before it becomes a global war. With Russia backing up Syria and Iran sitting right next door, what happens when they make good on backing up Assad?

Things are going to get very, very ugly. Obama said no boots on the ground. I call BS. There's going to be boots on the ground as soon as the necessity dictates.

EDTA Source from BBC
edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: source

edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: sp. i suck at it

** This list will grow as I find more information on who has been invited or confirmed to aid coalition**
USA
France
Australia
Great Britain
Saudi Arabia
Germany
Poland
Netherlands
Canada
Denmark
Croatia
Albania
Romania (humanitarian)
South Korea (humanitarian)
New Zealand (humanitarian)
Turkey
Jordan
Kuwait
Egypt
Qatar
Norway (unconfirmed)
Singapore

22 so far.
edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: LOL North KOrea for humanitarian aid

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is defenitly going to be boots on the ground ! It is just a matter of when they will tell us and how they will sell it to us !

armakirais

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I'm not asking full list of all countries in this coalition, but can they at least decide what they are reporting on same page is it 40 or 30 ? LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Try it;piss everyone off. I've always wanted to see how the American military-industrial-complex would handle fighting a full-fledged World War AND a Civil War simultaneously. Wonder how many times they've run THAT scenario in their danger room...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

I'm not asking full list of all countries in this coalition, but can they at least decide what they are reporting on same page is it 40 or 30 ? LOL

Trying to find a full list. That frustrated me a bit too. I'll update the thread when/if i can find it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is utterly retarded to disallow Iran and Syria from joining the coalition.

Iran is a powerhouse in the region, and has already aided Iraq on the ground against ISIS.

The Syrian government is the most stable force in the state to take on ISIS wherever they may be. Not to mention the fact that the arming of moderate rebels, by the USA, may eventually lead to the weakening of Assad, therefore causing a massive power vacuum in Syria. It is also interesting to note that unless the coalition gets the approval of Syria, or the UN Security Council, they will most likely be violating international law by proceeding with operations inside Syria.

I find it hypocritical that the USA would seek the support of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, who are well known for their official acceptance and even support of extreme interpretations of Islam, yet neglect Syria and Iran. This problem needs all hands on deck, and that includes getting Syria and Iran on board.
edit on 15-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei rejected the coalition.

Psaki confirmed that the U.S. had talked to Iran about its efforts to combat ISIS but denied that there was any discussion of coordinating militarily.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Fair enough. Last i heard, Iran was willing to work things out.

The statement still stands with Syria though. I think it is the wrong move to tackle ISIS in Syria, without at least engaging in talks with Assad.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So as usual, the US will probably supply the majority of the troops, hardware, technology, know-how, followed by the UK, then the rest of the coalition countries who will send eight troops apiece and a case of water. Just like Iraq thirteen years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So far from what I've gathered theres a handful of countries offering military aid. France, Germany, Australia, Great Britain, and Saudi Arabia to be more specific. French air support, Aussie air support, British air support is likely; Saudis say they will do whatever is necessary, and Germany to send troops into Iraq. I havn't found too many specifics on other countries except for humanitarian aid from South Korea, New Zealand, and Romania.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
North Korea for humanitarian purposes? These people serious lol

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I must say i'm feeling disturbed by the numbers here, yes we know ISIS is evil but there are evil maniacs everywhere... Why forming a coalition of nearly 40 countries against 30,000 fighters? Which is another number i'm feeling baffled by... How could 30,000 fighters hold a well-populated land the size of Jordan and regiment a Sharia law, when they are not busy fighting so many fronts (which is never) ??

And here's another one... Since when so many countries are joining in to fight along side the U.S in their global wars? The last "coalition" that bombed Iraq included.... England.

Like the guy above me said, they even have NK for humanitarian purposes!! While Iran is being left out lol... What the hell is going on here? Something isn't right about all this...

EDIT: Ok it was a typo by the OP but nevertheless a very funny one

edit on 15-9-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Considering that only a few years ago the CIA counted ISIS members in the hundreds, and last year the number was supposedly 10,000... Now ISIS *reportedly* has more than 30,000.... I smell something wrong with the situation as well. Thats a military force bigger then Kuwait.

According to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), ISIS can rally nearly 31,500 jihadists across Iraq and Syria. A CIA source said more than 15,000 foreign fighters from 80 countries, including 2,000 Westerners, have gone to Syria.

Sauce

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

LMFAO

That was my typo. It's corrected.

Good catch!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: UnBreakable

So far from what I've gathered theres a handful of countries offering military aid. France, Germany, Australia, Great Britain, and Saudi Arabia to be more specific. French air support, Aussie air support, British air support is likely; Saudis say they will do whatever is necessary, and Germany to send troops into Iraq. I havn't found too many specifics on other countries except for humanitarian aid from South Korea, New Zealand, and Romania.

I hope so and will be glad to see all countries share the burden according to their ability to do so. ISIS will become a world-wide threat unless nipped in the bud right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Shuye

Considering that only a few years ago the CIA counted ISIS members in the hundreds, and last year the number was supposedly 10,000... Now ISIS *reportedly* has more than 30,000.... I smell something wrong with the situation as well. Thats a military force bigger then Kuwait.

According to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), ISIS can rally nearly 31,500 jihadists across Iraq and Syria. A CIA source said more than 15,000 foreign fighters from 80 countries, including 2,000 Westerners, have gone to Syria.

Sauce

Thanks for the SAUCE
(talking about typos) it still seems like a small army, though they have an interest in flaming the world and turn everyone against them... the question is why? Maybe the globalists know something about it...

edit on 15-9-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

LMFAO

That was my typo. It's corrected.

Good catch!

HAHA, I thought it was a typo

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Long as it doesn't end up like the last coalition of the Willing. offers ranging from, we will send a thousand Monkey's to help clear landmines, to the ridiculous.

edit on 15-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So the US has 39 other governments ready to finish destroying Muslim countries and taking control of the Middle East? Man, the US has bought a lot of puppets in the world. Remember how many jumped on board to go after Saddam and his weapons of mass destruction?

Take heed countries of the world. This will happen to you too when the need shall arise. Evil will be knocking at your door too.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Notable by their absence is Israel. Once again, the US is looking for allies in the Middle East and our "best ally" in the Middle East is no where to be found. We know they have the military power to deal with ISIL, so I guess Israel must feel that ISIL is no threat to them.

Maybe the US needs a more dependable ally in the Middle East. One that will be there for us when we need them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join