It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Noticing This Trend With Many New Members?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those "you know who you are and we do too" things. I'm not concerned, even tho I am new(ish) because I have always been sincere on the forums. But demons are easier to exorcise when you know where to find them, so constant viglance! Lol

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm "newish". I've lurked for quite a few years, created an account toward the end of the year last year, but only got active in the last couple of months. I think I've contributed to the quality of ATS though, definitely more than the types you have mentioned. Yes, we've all seen them.

As far as grammar and spelling goes, we all make mistakes. I try to correct mine as often as I can, I also try to let everyone know mostly why I edit a post.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

As an example of what I said in my first post someone (new) just posted three blank threads and then a fourth with basically just a YouTube vid thereby rolling four other new topics of the live page.

Accident? I'm not sure as this happens in differing ways quite often.

Edit - That was nice, the mods just deleted 3 of them.

edit on 051pm0101pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

As an example of what I said in my first post someone (new) just posted three blank threads and then a fourth with basically just a YouTube vid thereby rolling four other new topics of the live page.

Accident? I'm not sure as this happens in differing ways quite often.

Caught that and posted a link to this thread.

Accident? Very possible and I'll go with that. We have all done it. New member getting used to the posting lag time. I'm guessing because they came back with an actual thread on the 4th try. So I think impatience is the answer here. Maybe? Or is it taking up space on the front page? Dunno.

But if it's impatience, it's only a matter of seconds folks...relax!

IMO

Peace

edit on 13-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And apparently now some post 4 times before they get their post right, lol

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Maybe it's just me but this seems to be a trend over the last Month or 2 with new members. And a lot of them it seems:

Personally experienced Abductions
Personally experienced Ghosts
One sentence threads
Religious
Pro-War
Bad Grammar/Spelling
Personally experienced Demons/Possession
People Following them FBI, DHS, CIA. Black cars, helos...
Predictions
Dreams
Majority have no avatars, sigs. I know not important but so many!

You know we are all different and have personal pet favourites.
I am a Christian so tend to hang around three major forums, so maybe i dont see what you are talking about.

I am guessing that ATS would be a magnet to those who have seen the supernatural, I would expect to see many people who have those issues here.
Are we seeing more "paranormal" activity in the world?

One sentence threads? No.
Lets hope we dont see any one word answers. We are certainly seeing more videos posted with out an explanation introduction and conclusion. Thats an issue for the Mods.

Religion, yes, I as a Christian was attracted to ats and the forums because of the Christian content or world events relevant to me pertaining to my beliefs.
No matter what way you look at it, there is much happening in the world that is seen as relevant to prophecy. Israel, ISIL, NWO, One world government, cashless society, rise of the bear and the dragon, it just goes on and on.

Pro war, is there a rise in the pro war brigade? I cant comment as I havnt noticed. Though Russia is on the rise and so is China, throw in ISIL, is there really a surprise there is more talking about war.

Bad grammar, well its a US site so thats to be expected
Maybe ats is broadening its base internationally"?

demon possessions, well again, are these supernatural events becoming more prevalent?

Cia and black cars, helos, hmmm.
Paranoia forum attracting the paranoid, or is the government stepping up surveillance.

Predictions and dreams. Well I would not make a prediction or tell a dream, yet there is a forum and possibly some are opening up to others, relationships and trust is being built.

Avatars, yeah well why, I dont particularly care either way about avatars.

So, my point, maybe there are reasons that these issues are becoming more prevalent, maybe ats is becoming more mainstream or maybe there is a serious issue with some of the new people joining.
We cant just say its all bad people and all agree, we have to look for alternative answers before making judgements
I guess the answer lies in the Mods hands.
Maybe its up to those members who have been around ats to report issues with members they think have dubious reasons to be here.
but do we want to be dobbers?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ha ha you beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The more countries we bomb the more people are going to stop listening to the same old media droll and look around for different ideas.

Here we have a fringe full.

Yes I agree that's what I'm thinking, don't want this site to be viewed as rational deep thinkers ( not me ) but have it viewed as almost a cliche of typical fringe stuff.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the fringe stuff, that what brought me here! Oh, crap

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: jude11
Maybe it's just me but this seems to be a trend over the last Month or 2 with new members. And a lot of them it seems:

Personally experienced Abductions
Personally experienced Ghosts
One sentence threads
Religious
Pro-War
Bad Grammar/Spelling
Personally experienced Demons/Possession
People Following them FBI, DHS, CIA. Black cars, helos...
Predictions
Dreams
Majority have no avatars, sigs. I know not important but so many!

You know we are all different and have personal pet favourites.
I am a Christian so tend to hang around three major forums, so maybe i dont see what you are talking about.

I am guessing that ATS would be a magnet to those who have seen the supernatural, I would expect to see many people who have those issues here.
Are we seeing more "paranormal" activity in the world?

One sentence threads? No.
Lets hope we dont see any one word answers. We are certainly seeing more videos posted with out an explanation introduction and conclusion. Thats an issue for the Mods.

Religion, yes, I as a Christian was attracted to ats and the forums because of the Christian content or world events relevant to me pertaining to my beliefs.
No matter what way you look at it, there is much happening in the world that is seen as relevant to prophecy. Israel, ISIL, NWO, One world government, cashless society, rise of the bear and the dragon, it just goes on and on.

Pro war, is there a rise in the pro war brigade? I cant comment as I havnt noticed. Though Russia is on the rise and so is China, throw in ISIL, is there really a surprise there is more talking about war.

Bad grammar, well its a US site so thats to be expected
Maybe ats is broadening its base internationally"?

demon possessions, well again, are these supernatural events becoming more prevalent?

Cia and black cars, helos, hmmm.
Paranoia forum attracting the paranoid, or is the government stepping up surveillance.

Predictions and dreams. Well I would not make a prediction or tell a dream, yet there is a forum and possibly some are opening up to others, relationships and trust is being built.

Avatars, yeah well why, I dont particularly care either way about avatars.

So, my point, maybe there are reasons that these issues are becoming more prevalent, maybe ats is becoming more mainstream or maybe there is a serious issue with some of the new people joining.
We cant just say its all bad people and all agree, we have to look for alternative answers before making judgements
I guess the answer lies in the Mods hands.
Maybe its up to those members who have been around ats to report issues with members they think have dubious reasons to be here.
but do we want to be dobbers?

Great reply and thanx!

I have to set this straight. I have no problem with any particular forum tho I have been lobbying for a pets/animals forum for a long time...:LOL:

Cheap plug: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's just that there seems to be a pattern of these forums attracting new members or new members taking over these forums so as to distract and thus fill up the front pages with their one liner threads.

Will have to wait it out to see if the pattern continues.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yes I agree that's what I'm thinking, don't want this site to be viewed as rational deep thinkers ( not me ) but have it viewed as almost a cliche of typical fringe stuff.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the fringe stuff, that what brought me here! Oh, crap

I totally agree with you. As things devolve around the world and the media continues to paint a BS picture about it, that world will become the fringe and this will become the main stream.

If that makes it clearer.

Thats why I joined, too. You can talk about anything here and read opinions from others that don't appear in the regular media. Even having a place to say something others will read is amazing to an old pre internet person like me.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dangnabbit fellow newbies they are onto us!
Oh wait! I have an avatar and ahem, my grammar is not too bad. Though, after a couple glasses of wine, (after 5 o'clock ) my grammar and spelling may begin to slurrrr. Drats! Maybe another glass of wine will help?

Don't get too paranoid folks. I think most of the newbies you are reacting too, are not disinformation agents, just bored folks with no life. They don't take the time to create an avatar since they have been banned from ats already. They will just keep coming and being annoying until they use up their IPs.

Edit add: also, I do try not to ask stupid questions. Honestly, sometimes I can be lazy and know someone can explain something understandably in here than me doing a hour long search through research docs! Forgive me!
edit on 9 13 2014 by CynConcepts because: Sppellllling corrrrrection and clarification. Lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
.em ni sevil lived ehT

Wat do u mean bad spelin' ? When ye casts a spell, ye only needs to replicate the phonetics correctly for the spell to work or for the message to be understood.

I seriously don't know how to upload an avatar, I never looked into it.

ps: I speak in tongues backwards when I eat cool whip.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've noticed this lately, too. I assumed we'd thin out some with the fall school season starting, with the trollers having to get back to class after spending a dull summer attempting to get a rise out of us on ATS. It appears to have been the opposite, at least in terms of new members.
We have less in terms of obvious trolls (how's that after dinner study time going, kids?) BUT we do have a whole lot of brand-spankin'-new members lately. It's a mix, from what I've noticed. Some are truly applying themselves and trying to contribute to the site, while others just aren't at all. Kind of a tossing of various ill-thought out thread topics at the wall to see which sticks and for how long before everyone walks off annoyed.

So I'm not wary of all n00bs. I'm wary, and suspicious, of the intentions of the half-arsed n00bs.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Possibly some are just kids.

I will admit, I was very stressed for two years.I still have bad grammar and spelling issues. Now that the oil and water has seperated, I am much calmer and happier.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
its part of the awakening, imo. newbs will be newbs, till they get into the swing of things. personally, ive been concerned more about some of ats' regular "experts" who seem to pop up in every other thread regardless of topic.

dont judge a book by its cover. in time all will be revealed. ;]

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Those aren't ellipses. An ellipses is just three periods with spaces one both ends ... like so.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I see that and I see a trend in some booted members coming back with new aliases and acting like complete imbeciles just for the lulz...

They are all pretty easy to spot and most all think they are ever so clever. Pick a few names and check on them in a few days... the mods know what's up. They do what they can do when they can do it.

ETA - That no... It's not all new folks. I was scared to death when I was first on here. My spelling and grammar is sometimes off. I like to use .... Too much. I do at times joke too much, I have left one liners quite a few times. Those things in and of themselves do not make one a troll.

If you are reading this and wondering if the OP is talking about you... He isn't. Those who he is talking about don't need to ask themselves because they already know who they are and what they are doing.
edit on 9/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I will admit to the occasional one sentence post when responding, but sometimes ... one sentence is all you need. And I mean that. There was a post in the religion forum that I felt like I wanted to respond to, but every time I tried, my thoughts started taking all sorts of tangents. Finally, I settled on one simple, brief question of the OP. I felt like if the OP takes the time to answer, it might help me clarify where my thoughts on the post should go.

There are other times, and usually I don't give just a single sentence reply. But if that's all it needs, should I stretch to come up with more?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I will admit to the occasional one sentence post when responding, but sometimes ... one sentence is all you need. And I mean that. There was a post in the religion forum that I felt like I wanted to respond to, but every time I tried, my thoughts started taking all sorts of tangents. Finally, I settled on one simple, brief question of the OP. I felt like if the OP takes the time to answer, it might help me clarify where my thoughts on the post should go.

There are other times, and usually I don't give just a single sentence reply. But if that's all it needs, should I stretch to come up with more?

We all Do it but as I mentioned:

Many but not all.

So many new members 'hit and run' in threads that it's becoming suspicious.

Put out a conspiracy laden experience or a one sentence-off the wall claim then...run.

It's like we're being baited.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, yes. In the beginning was reluctant to reply to those in question. As to say don't feed the agenda-sliding of important info, deflecting, or what ever it might be. I dived in and in and guess I confirmed the suspicion that this isn't imaginary!

In agreement it's not all new members(or returning) of course, many are being very insightful.

Though, not all in question are lacking avatars, apparently getting a bit sneaky.

edit on 13-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: removed "?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join