It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Noticing This Trend With Many New Members?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am a new member.

Personally experienced Abductions-----Never
Personally experienced Ghosts----------Never
One sentence threads---------------------I will make sure not to do this. Once I am allowed to post that is.
Religious--------------------------------------I do not follow any organized religion including atheist.
Pro-War---------------------------------------Pro defense, anti-war.
Bad Grammar/Spelling--------------------Guilty.
Personally experienced Demons/Possession-------I thought I did twice. But know I understand these things better and would not call them demons. They were human and humans can do great evil.
People Following them FBI, DHS, CIA. Black cars, helos...-------No one is following me, at least that I am aware of.
Predictions-----------------------------------The future is always changing even if I saw it, it would not be the same when I got to it.
Dreams-----------------I have had very vivid dreams all my life. I remember most of them even from when I was young.
a reply to: jude11

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Now that you mention it I will agree that I've seen some of what you describe. I never bother to look at join dates, but I've been seeing things much more often than I did a year ago. Wasn't it shown at some point that certain organizations did in fact create many different accounts on certain sites, and use those for propaganda fitting their personal beliefs? I won't swear to that but I remember talk of it not so long ago. I think it is quite a reasonable course of action for any group who wishes to influence others, even though it truly is a horrible thing to do in my opinion. Public opinion is everything, and if you can influence that then you can wield a tremendous amount of power.

And to some extent everyone is swayed by the arguments of others, whether those arguments are sound or not, logical or illogical. The only difference is the degree of evidence one accepts as proof. I've seen people, on these forums, change their opinion simply because someone they respect holds a different opinion. So perhaps it would be beneficial, to infiltrate a forum like this, to actually have some agents like this who post great threads so as to increase the perceived value of their opinion. So I would not only watch out for members like you described Jude, but also those who seem like great assets to the community.

This is unfortunate, as virtually everyone is a suspect. You could figure out what issues a member weighs in on more than others, perhaps seeing if they're only parroting a certain line, but there truly are people out there who would do that naturally. Thus it is impossible to accurately determine who is legit and who is a stooge. We have to shut down ATS, that's the only logical solution, lol. Shut her down boys, we've been infested. My only real advice to people not wanting to fall victim to false opinions is this: read the entire thread and do your own research. Often times another member will call someone out when they are wrong, but it just takes a day or two. Here is what you do: note what has been said, and then research both of those possibilities. See what aligns to reality, and then make a note of the poster who was wrong. Don't openly discuss the possibility that specific members of the site are shills, if they truly exist, as this is likely against the TandC's, but this doesn't stop you from recruiting others to help determine who doesn't seem legit. And that will tip them off and they might just use a different account.

I would be interested to know if there has been a single IP address with a lot of registrations, but we don't have access to such information, and it is not difficult to use a proxy to change such a thing anyway. If there truly were a large scale effort to infiltrate a site, this effort would likely come from a single location. I mean it is not something you advertise on Craigslist or in the newspaper. Perhaps you could go out and recruit members, but it seems more likely that a small team could pose as many different users.
edit on 9/13/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I just don't believe in coincidence. Especially on ATS.

With you on that..

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I am a new member.

One sentence threads---------------------I will make sure not to do this. Once I am allowed to post that is.
Religious--------------------------------------I do not follow any organized religion including atheist.
Personally experienced Demons/Possession-------I thought I did twice. But know I understand these things better and would not call them demons. They were human and humans can do great evil.
People Following them FBI, DHS, CIA. Black cars, helos...-------No one is following me, at least that I am aware of.
Predictions-----------------------------------The future is always changing even if I saw it, it would not be the same when I got to it.
Dreams-----------------I have had very vivid dreams all my life. I remember most of them even from when I was young.

UGH! now cut down on the giant walls of text and obsessive use of ellipses and you'll be just fine

Said with love from NB

edit on 13-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Maybe it's just me but this seems to be a trend over the last Month or 2 with new members. And a lot of them it seems:

Personally experienced Abductions
Personally experienced Ghosts
One sentence threads
Religious
Pro-War
Bad Grammar/Spelling
Personally experienced Demons/Possession
People Following them FBI, DHS, CIA. Black cars, helos...
Predictions
Dreams
Majority have no avatars, sigs. I know not important but so many!

And more...

Just me or are we being blasted with crap to knock us off guard?

I know many new folks are here with all sincerity but there seems to be a trend here. Can't show the members because of T&C of course but if you caught this you know what I mean.

Peace

This is a good one I must admit, especially as I fall into the particular category you described. The one thing I have particularly appreciated of ATS has been the ability to speak of things that are "taboo" or "outside the box". Heck without it we could hardly say we have free speach now could we, not that we have much of that either.

To make a long comment short, I have also noticed many new members like myself posting about their paranormal experiences etc..my question for you is why would it "knock you off guard" ? Perhaps it doesn't fit the agenda and that is understandable, just like not everyone enjoys the thought of certain things and that is also understandable. Still I can't understand it being some method of infiltration or something of the like..that is what you are getting at isn't it ? If I'm wrong then please correct me, sincerely..you know the rest

A well thought out and full reply...just what is lacking with those I am addressing.

As you are new I'll just say that if you have noticed what I am speaking about then it is very obvious to others as well. Not being here very long and seeing this makes it even more obvious. The reason I am posting this? Because it's not the norm...but you get it already.

Kinda supports my point as you will no doubt see by observing. As I mentioned in the OP...Not all but many.

And if I didn't welcome you at first...welcome!

Peace

Thank you, as I had hoped I recieved a well thought out reply in return. Now I hope you don't mind that I can't help but stick up for the little guy, even though I can see your point of view on the subject.

By all means.

I will always stick up for the little guy.

But as the Dude says..."The Dude Abides Not For The Crap!" or something like that...

As mentioned...Not all but many of the new members...

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Good advice. a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I am a new member.

Not all...But many.

And thank you for making this thread your first post. I'm flattered.

WELCOME!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
IMO....we see influxes from time to time. Being so close to 9/11 kinda gives me hope, we need to question everything...maybe more are doing just that.

We were all new members at some point in time. I like to give people a chance until proven otherwise. I remember when I first joined and I spazzed out (lol) posting all these far out thoughts and opinions....because I never had a place like ATS to express these ideas. ATS is a liberating place..

I'm still a spazzz...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard
IMO....we see influxes from time to time. Being so close to 9/11 kinda gives me hope, we need to question everything...maybe more are doing just that.

We were all new members at some point in time. I like to give people a chance until proven otherwise. I remember when I first joined and I spazzed out (lol) posting all these far out thoughts and opinions....because I never had a place like ATS to express these ideas. ATS is a liberating place..

I'm still a spazzz...

Agreed.

I was a few Months in before I intro'd myself. Got called a troll off the bat...

And yes, give everyone a chance I agree.

This is just an observation of a trend I see developing and was wondering if I was the only one noticing. Apparently I'm not alone so there must be something.

New members join all the time and that's great but a trend of sorts gives pause to look closer at the reason IMO. As 1 poster said..."Maybe something, maybe nothing".

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Even if there were a well-rehearsed team of people who planned to infiltrate and change the direction of social thinking of the regular ATS population, it'd be a failure.

ATS has the most cynical, skeptical crowd on the web.

We'd send those folks home crying to mama.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Even if there were a well-rehearsed team of people who planned to infiltrate and change the direction of social thinking of the regular ATS population, it'd be a failure.

ATS has the most cynical, skeptical crowd on the web.

We'd send those folks home crying to mama.

Spoken like a true bunny!

AARRRGGGGHHHH!...Bring it on folks!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Got called a troll off the bat...

That's the kind of thing I wish I'd seen...could have done something about that.

It's not fair to enthusiastic new members.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Never hurts to "Remain Vigilant".

Could be something, could be nothing.....

That's a "conspiracy theory" I can live with.

I'm down. Let's get 'em.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm new and can't post yet. I don't even have a post I want to share yet though. I think a lot of people think it's just like Facebook or are sick of Facebook. The comments on there were unbarable to read through even on a good subject. I'm glad people on here seem to think before posting a bit more and I hope I don't seem like an unworthy member ever.i have had a few weird things happen to me but nothing like some of you. I enjoy getting my info from here and researching what interests me. I can learn a lot from here and can appreciate all the work that must go into this site.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Perhaps ATS has been discussing and getting somewhere things that make someone a bit nervous. The police state? Bankster/federal reserve? The 2 party fallacy?

I've notice a few time ATS member discussions going "off board" and being referenced in more main stream type media. perhaps the goal is to give an impression to the general public, who may come here to see what is being said.

The idea being they are looking for solid discussion on important issues which threaten freedoms, and the overall future of humanity, and are met with a good dose of fringe type discussions that give the site a more of a whack job sort of feel. Therefore making the serious stuff easier to discredit? More likely to be ignored?

Just a thought that crossed my thoughts
edit on 9 13 2014 by caterpillage because: Iphone

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

I remember when I first joined and I spazzed out (lol)

As did I...my first thread got trashed LOL

I'm still a spazzz...

So am I.

For me,the being a new member thing was a learning curve...first you go nuts expressing yourself,than you mature and than you start complaining about new members when older and thinking you are wiser because of your join date.
Its the ats cycle.

I have said it a few times but will say it again.
Being popular on the internet is like sitting at the cool table in the cafeteria of a mental hospital.

edit on 13-9-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Perhaps ATS has been discussing and getting somewhere things that make someone a bit nervous. The police state? Bankster/federal reserve? The 2 party fallacy?

I've notice a few time ATS member discussions going "off board" and being referenced in more main stream type media. perhaps the goal is to give an impression to the general public, who may come here to see what is being said.

The idea being they are looking for solid discussion on important issues which threaten freedoms, and the overall future of humanity, and are met with a good dose of fringe type discussions that give the site a more of a whack job sort of feel. Therefore making the serious stuff easier to discredit? More likely to be ignored?

That's a good thought that crossed your thoughts about your thoughts....Damn, I'm lost...

But yes, entirely possible. Something isn't right and I feel it in my old bones...or is that just winter coming?

Peace
Just a thought that crossed my thoughts

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schwallyjdog
I'm new and can't post yet. I don't even have a post I want to share yet though. I think a lot of people think it's just like Facebook or are sick of Facebook. The comments on there were unbarable to read through even on a good subject. I'm glad people on here seem to think before posting a bit more and I hope I don't seem like an unworthy member ever.i have had a few weird things happen to me but nothing like some of you. I enjoy getting my info from here and researching what interests me. I can learn a lot from here and can appreciate all the work that must go into this site.

You'll be fine.

As mentioned...Not all but many.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The more countries we bomb the more people are going to stop listening to the same old media droll and look around for different ideas.

Here we have a fringe full.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join